Home

Old 07-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic Contracts Finally?

I'm worried that in Madden 15 we'll still have the overly simplified contracts for CFM.

Why? Because I play as the 49ers, and it turns out that Colin Kaepernick's new deal is very team friendly... unless, of course, he hits all his escalators. For example, if he makes it to a Super Bowl or as a 1st Team All Pro, he basically gets an additional 2 million dollars per season. He loses 2 million for every season that he doesn't attain that, but once he does he gets that money.

His contract is full of little de-escalators like that. But will Madden just go with the status quo and give him the full contract? It is highly unlikely he will hit every incentive on this incentive-heavy deal, so what will Madden do about it?

If they just assume the entire contract is guaranteed, or break his escalators down into Madden's typical "bonus," it will be OVERVALUING the contract, which means Kaepernick will take a larger portion of your cap space in the game than in real life. On the other hand, if they only go by what is guaranteed, then Kaepernick is going to have about a 13 million dollar contract, which is completely unrealistic on the other side of it.

Why can't there be realistic contracts, with incentives and escalators? I know it's be a bit more work for EA/Tiburon, but who said they can't hire a few more people to spread the work out?

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 07-16-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
Pro

StL_RamZ's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Realistic Contracts Finally?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...contracts.html

Kane needs help improving M15 player contracts.

should put your input inside that thread for best results
Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
I'm worried that in Madden 15 we'll still have the overly simplified contracts for CFM.

Why? Because I play as the 49ers, and it turns out that Colin Kaepernick's new deal is very team friendly... unless, of course, he hits all his escalators. For example, if he makes it to a Super Bowl or as a 1st Team All Pro, he basically gets an additional 2 million dollars per season. He loses 2 million for every season that he doesn't attain that, but once he does he gets that money.

His contract is full of little de-escalators like that. But will Madden just get lazy and give him the full contract? It is highly unlikely he will hit every incentive on this incentive-heavy deal, so what will Madden do about it?
Not sure it's fair calling EA lazy not getting a contract like that into the game with all the X factors.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Not sure it's fair calling EA lazy not getting a contract like that into the game with all the X factors.
Okay my apologies. Poor choice of word. Will edit it. Didn't mean to be so critical. Nevertheless, it needs work.

Did you happen to read anything else in the post or are you just trying to save a Damsel in Distress? Just scouring posts to see if there is anything critical posted? Anything to offer related to the TOPIC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...contracts.html

Kane needs help improving M15 player contracts.

should put your input inside that thread for best results
They have Kane doing this too? Wow. The man is busy enough with uniforms. Time to hire more people man.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 07-16-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Okay my apologies. Poor choice of word. Will edit it. Didn't mean to be so critical. Nevertheless, it needs work.

Did you happen to read anything else in the post or are you just trying to save a Damsel in Distress? Just scouring posts to see if there is anything critical posted? Anything to offer related to the TOPIC?

Ah, you caught me!

I agree with you the contracts need work. I just think it would hard to get all those incentives in for contracts. I would love to see it though.

Last edited by Brandwin; 07-16-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Ah, you caught me!

I agree with you the contracts need work. I just think it would hard to get all those incentives in for contracts. I would love to see it though.
All they would need to do to add more variety is include statistical bonuses. Just like you have as an owner (win 3 games and +1 fan reaction or whatever). Say, + 3 million for 30 touchdown passes in a season. Granted, you'd have a lot of potential options, but they could limit it to three types of bonus per position, for example, and include a "get to the super bowl" type of bonus, which could be used on Kaepernick's contract. Not exact, but closer to reality.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

It is way too difficult to get contracts with so many different incentives/clauses/bonuses, as each player has their own individual set of incentives. Once you get into CFM, it would be way to confusing for most players that don't realize the complexity of the deals. I doubt Madden ever adds incentives other than maybe universal ones at each position that are able to be applied. NBA 2k only has no-trade clauses, player options, and front-loaded/back-loaded deals in its contract system, and I feel like that is enough.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
It is way too difficult to get contracts with so many different incentives/clauses/bonuses, as each player has their own individual set of incentives. Once you get into CFM, it would be way to confusing for most players that don't realize the complexity of the deals. I doubt Madden ever adds incentives other than maybe universal ones at each position that are able to be applied. NBA 2k only has no-trade clauses, player options, and front-loaded/back-loaded deals in its contract system, and I feel like that is enough.
To add to that, programming the AI to utilize the expanded contracts would be exceedingly difficult.

Two things I would be satisfied with:
1. variable structure. Give me front, backloaded, balanced, and middle. Not the most realistic but it would work for gameplay purposes. Or just give the option to control the increase in salary, i.e. the slope.
2. The ability to restructure. Happens multiple times each year and should not be all that difficult. Allow us to convert some salary into a bonus that is prorated over the life of the deal. This is more important than option one and I would be satisfied with just this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »