Playing Madden makes me want to watch the NFL 7 8.33%
Watching the NFL makes me want to play Madden 77 91.67%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #17
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NFL or Madden?

My answer would have been watching/playing football made me want to play video game football. My games at the time were John Elways QB and Tecmo Bowl though. Madden didn't exists yet. Lol
Old 07-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
My dad didn't watch football even though he was a die hard cowboys fan.
What? Obviously he's not much of a fan, never mind a "die hard" fan.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:56 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

Madden was my first exposure to the NFL. I would say that Tecmo Bowl was what pulled me in. Growing up I played football. That was part of it. I would say nowadays, especially for 13 and 25, the NFL makes me want to play Madden. Hopefully, that will change this year, because I haven't played a full season in a few years.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:45 PM   #20
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

I'm an NFL guy WAY before I'm a Madden guy. When I do play Madden, I always try to duplicate the NFL in some way.

I guess that means if I voted it would be "NFL makes me want to play Madden," although really watching the NFL makes me want to do something related to football, and as Madden is the only current football video game, the connection isn't really remarkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
Madden made me love football and the NFL.

That is why how good a Madden edition is way more important to me than how my favorite teams are doing in real life.
This is so the exact opposite for me. I'd consider you a "Madden guy." I am an "NFL guy" and it isn't even close.

As that pertains to what I want in the game, I don't like "Madden-ness." When the game does something well for me, it is when it duplicates the NFL, and everything else I find to be horrendous. I know different people have different preferences, but that is mine.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 07-20-2014 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #21

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

For me at least, playing Madden has made me want to watch NFL alot more. Being Canadian, NFL obviously wouldn't be one of the first leagues I'd think of to watch since there's no Canadian team or anything to begin with, but I've played a number of Madden games over the years(played abit in early-mid 2000s) but really didn't get that much into NFL/Madden until probably 2010 or so. Even to this day, still trying to get more into NFL as time goes on.

Madden, like all other sports video games, helped me alot in learning the sports,the rules, and players and everything like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #22
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
For me at least, playing Madden has made me want to watch NFL alot more. Being Canadian, NFL obviously wouldn't be one of the first leagues I'd think of to watch since there's no Canadian team or anything to begin with, but I've played a number of Madden games over the years(played abit in early-mid 2000s) but really didn't get that much into NFL/Madden until probably 2010 or so. Even to this day, still trying to get more into NFL as time goes on.

Madden, like all other sports video games, helped me alot in learning the sports,the rules, and players and everything like that.
You don't like the CFL? They brought the NFL great stars like Warren Moon and Jeff Garcia.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:32 AM   #23

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You don't like the CFL? They brought the NFL great stars like Warren Moon and Jeff Garcia.
Like I said, video games helped me like a sport much more. CFL doesn't have a video game so I never really got that much into it. But the more I watch NFL, more I'll prob watch CFL too,especially since CFL is on starting from the summer. So it's 7+ months of football.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

For a long it has been if I watch some Panther football. After the game I just want to go play some Madden. That's always been that way for me. Impulse I guess. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »