Home

Madden NFL 15 Screenshot - Levi's Stadium

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Screenshot - Levi's Stadium within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #25
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Screenshot - Levi's Stadium

I could care less how crowds look in section 318.....just make them smart in terms of cheering....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #26
Banned

goravens2052's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
why is the crowd standing and raising their hands in an obvious cheering situation when the niners are lining up on offense? I know Santa Clara fans need official fan guides on when to cheer (see last years Hawks game for reference), but that's silly.
Maybe the 49ers are losing and they think doing the Hokey Pokey will help turn it around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I dont like the crowd looking like they are on a rollercoaster ride, but other then that nice pic.
Not like the 49ers haven't been on a rollercoaster of a ride since they got Jim. Go all the way to the NFC Championship in 2011, lose to the Giants. Made it all the way to the Super Bowl, lost to the Ravens. Then last year again, they were up, up, up and then down, down, down after the Seahawks beat them in the NFC Championship.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sidelines look the same....same cameramen, same stances, same outfits....same, same, same....If you guys at EA are reading this, how freaking hard is it to add a couple lines of code that randomize the colors and outfits of the cameramen??? Ugh.....<> No cheerleaders? That's not entirely shocking, but for Christ's sake....NCAA already had the assets developed...how freaking hard would it have been to have someone borrow their code, edit it and make NFL-style cheerleaders???? No sideline reporter/broadcasters (once again the commentators will throw it down to the field to the invisible woman...)...I bet the goddamn camera men still have the rolls of athletic tape on their belts too (because the same model has been used for the trainer and the cameraman for the last 4+ years...)...

The bigger draw back to me in that screenshot is actually ON THE FIELD, as in whats missing...no referees on the field??? No line judges, no umpire, no back judge....for ****'s sake, I know its only a screenshot meant to show off the stadium (which I was amused by since it was in M25 too), but its stuff like this - this CONSTANT and PERSISTENT lack of attention to details that stands out so much from Madden year after year after year...

***EDIT*** - OK, I was a little wrong here...in the other videos the referee and side judges ARE seen in gameplay and replays, so while they are missing from the screenshot, they ARE in the game, though the complete set of referees seems to be a couple men short still...

If EA wants to impress me, they could start by firing the entire marketing team and bringing in something actually new....no more "trailers" made up of 75% zoomed in replays footage that never gets seen during gameplay moments...no more highlighting things as "new" when they were in previous releases....no more using the same block font and menu system for several years at a time....just hire two guys to go through the game and make sure that all the annoying little things that can be fixed without touching the gameplay engine at least get updated...a bridge too far I guess.

Last edited by TTD71; 07-18-2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Reviewed other videos...
Old 07-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #28
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

THIS is living worlds, Madden needs this soon
http://youtu.be/2dDHWCZH9ZA

Old 07-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
THIS is living worlds, Madden needs this soon
http://youtu.be/2dDHWCZH9ZA

A lot of that stuff would be really cool to see in Madden, but even in FIFA they have the entire stadium standing with arms up like we see in the screenshot...that doesn't bother me as much as the persistent lack of context for the crowd reactions in the past. The fans NEVER grow in intensity ....they get super jacked up or totally dead, but there's never been a sense of growing excitement through out a drive or game and the 4th quarter delirium of the fans is just the same as the opening kick off or a simple first down.

FIFA's in-game context looks cool, but the thing I really liked there was the ability to get a behind-the-scenes glimpse at how they are telling each player to perform on the pitch...now translate THAT to Madden and instead of JUST emotions, tie the options for the outcomes to a physics engine AND a calculated simulator that adjusts the pure physics to account for awareness and ability ratings...so a fast WR who runs crap routes would be no more valuable than a mid-level player, but a slower, more precise WR with great routes but lacking top-end burner speed - like say JERRY RICE!!! - would be lethal. Same thing across the Lines...a superstar DE like Robert Quinn would have speed AND attributes that would be calculated on each play and adjusted for physics and ability.

As Madden sits now, its either too dependent on canned animations that are not varied enough in frequency or impact to distinguish stars form average players or it just does not work right. Either way, that FIFA video is illuminating...
Old 07-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #30
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Where are the cheerleaders?
Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 PM   #31
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82