Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2014, 02:50 AM   #81
Pro

OVR: 4
"Actually this came from Cortez Allen from the Pittsburgh Steelers and Stevenson Sylvester from the Buffalo Bills. We had both guys down here for a week working with us on coverage. They explained to us that in zone coverage, they break as soon as they see the QB locks his shoulder to throw. We scale break time by the zone coverage rating, so you will really only see this from 90+ rated zone coverage defenders.
Trust me we are well aware of psychic DB concerns and this will NOT be in the game."

That quote from Rex will only have meaning if not 85% of all CB's end up with 90+ zone coverage rating :/ which I can basically already tell you, won't be the case especially on CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 03:06 AM   #82
Banned

atomant94's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

I'm sorry, but EA will never fix their Locomotion movement and animations; It's been forever since I seen crisp movement and new animations in a Madden game

Last edited by atomant94; 07-18-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just cannot believe how horrible the players move...... I actually played FiFA and though the game moved great, why hasn't this kind of movement been implemented into Madden......

I don't care about any features, plays, options anything, all I want is a football game that looks and plays good. This game looks good graphically, but the movement is just so cartoony and not something you would expect from next gen.

I've come to the realization that Madden will never change they way their game plays, man how I wish other Football games existed.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #84
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I thought the slowed down video was more encouraging than the original. I like a lot of what I saw minus obviously the bad animations. I'm happy with this band aid fix until they tackle the wr/cb interactions next year which I'm assuming is next on their list. It's better than leaving it alone til next year IMO.

So basically they tweaked man and zone coverage ratings and made them work when adjusted this year as in years past you could put to 100 and really tell no difference. I'll take this solution for now because it gives users the ability to fix some issues with rosters if need be.
This right here.

I understand the gloom and doom with the animations and locomotion, it's really telling in the slow down video posted here.

At the same time, I'm also feeling the same I did before the release of Madden 10, which I consider one of the bigger jumps in Madden LG.

I just can only hope the implementation goes as planned and I won't be let down come late August.

There shouldn't be any surprises about the movement and animations for Madden 15. Rex mentioned in a interview this week he knows what is missing for the sim community.

Doesn't make it right, but gotta give the guy credit for being straight up at this point.(at least I will, lol)
Old 07-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #85
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Madden will still look and play like "Madden". But this is an encouraging sign and it cements my feelings on the title at the moment. It has been bad, but they seem to have a sim vision going forward and the game does look better than any Madden that I can remember. I am actually looking forward to 15, now. Kinda excited now instead of indifferent. Also, considering EA is all we have going forward, I see this a positive development and I hope that Rex and the team continue on this path.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 1
Some enthusiasms for the OS board wow and about madden no doubt lol
It makes me wanna play more the last two games my big problem has been mainly AI I get to a certain point where I have to make rules to play the CPU only way it be fun hopefully this yr will be different I still would like to hear about the franchise improvements kinda makin me nervous with the lack of info on that
Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #87
Rookie

kromo50's Arena

OVR: 11
In that video the tackling looks so bad. Is it just me?? It looks like they go down before they are hit and the visuals come on..
Old 07-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #88
Rookie

I feel like we've heard all this before.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »