Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-21-2014, 11:52 AM   #113
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You need to watch the stream, the pics are from real life and the player sense trailer. The bottom two pics are from the game, there's separation. Just watch the stream, the game is much improved. Wrs can even bat down balls to keep the DB from getting it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This team has already admitted that WR/DB interaction has a ways to go and they want to get it there, no need to try to present an existing issue as more realistic than we realize with real NFL stills. The main difference in those real life stills and what we all see still happening in M15 is the receivers in real life being aware of a defender(s) when judging the pass, unless they somehow catch them by surprise, while in Madden they are never aware of them, even when they're right next to each other. Then the instant an INT is made, they suddenly realize it's a defender and make a tackle, it looks disjointed at times. Also we have no idea if the new WR deflecting the pass away ability is even utilized by the AI/CPU players, if it were that would go a long way towards visually cleaning up some of those plays in M15.

To recap it's disingenuous, imo, to try to justify any issue in Madden with examples of it happening in the NFL, without context. No different than QBs trucking LBs, Kickers/Punters delivering big hits, "beast mode" runs, etc.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #114
Banned

TFer832's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
This team has already admitted that WR/DB interaction has a ways to go and they want to get it there, no need to try to present an existing issue as more realistic than we realize with real NFL stills. The main difference in those real life stills and what we all see still happening in M15 is the receivers in real life being aware of a defender(s) when judging the pass, unless they somehow catch them by surprise, while in Madden they are never aware of them, even when they're right next to each other. Then the instant an INT is made, they suddenly realize it's a defender and make a tackle, it looks disjointed at times. Also we have no idea if the new WR deflecting the pass away ability is even utilized by the AI/CPU players, if it were that would go a long way towards visually cleaning up some of those plays in M15.

To recap it's disingenuous, imo, to try to justify any issue in Madden with examples of it happening in the NFL, without context. No different than QBs trucking LBs, Kickers/Punters delivering big hits, "beast mode" runs, etc.
how about sometimes when a DB makes an INT and immediately turns towards the endzone (not the endzone they should be running towards). It is as if they are programmed as WR's.. and the mirrored animations sometimes confuses them to being on offense. This still remains one of the biggest weak spots in madden... when a jump ball happens and both the DB and WR have the same catching animation.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #115
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFer832
how about sometimes when a DB makes an INT and immediately turns towards the endzone (not the endzone they should be running towards). It is as if they are programmed as WR's.. and the mirrored animations sometimes confuses them to being on offense. This still remains one of the biggest weak spots in madden... when a jump ball happens and both the DB and WR have the same catching animation.
I always looked at that and got more annoyed that in those instances the intended receiver didn't trigger a pass defender animation as well, lol. I feel what you're saying though, I looked at all that stuff as a band aid anyway, so hopefully the WR/DB interaction overhaul they keep claiming to be coming will address both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #116
Banned

TFer832's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I always looked at that and got more annoyed that in those instances the intended receiver didn't trigger a pass defender animation as well, lol. I feel what you're saying though, I looked at all that stuff as a band aid anyway, so hopefully the WR/DB interaction overhaul they keep claiming to be coming will address both.
yeah man I hear that. When an INT happens... you can see a lot of the flaws in the animation system by watching the intended receiver AFTER the INT is made.. For example if the DB undercuts the WR and picks it off in front of him... quite often you see the WR finish that animation and tuck away an imaginary ball as if he caught it. It just absolutely kills the immersion for me.

I know WR/DB interaction is on the horizon (hopefully).. but plays like that can really hurt any sort of realistic outcomes after int's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »