Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 PM   #57
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
They are hyping up how balanced Madden is so we shall see. I am hoping that pass defenses actually defend the pass but leave you vulnerable to the run. So these DBs making swats is cool and all but they better not be like LBs in the run game. Same for LBs in the pass game, they better not be covering WRs just because of this defensive boost.

The way I play I always switch on defense to manually swat/int/tackle anyway so my favorite part was the flat coverage. Was a HUGE hole in my defense in Madden 25 and wasn't a thing I could do about it.
I seriously doubt it, not trying to be negative just being a realist. Don't really see how that's even possible until the movement/locomotion is worked on because fast and agile DBs will likely still be able to swerve around potential blockers to swarm to the ball carrier when running against dimes/quarters defense.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #58
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I am encouraged by what I saw. I think some of the animations are awkward, and still not sure about context awareness on some of those swat plays, but I saw some things I liked for sure.

Looks improved from previous versions, but to be honest, looking at these videos has never done much for me. I won't know for sure until I go hands on.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #59
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm excited, bring on late August already! Looks like the best madden yet, sure it needs some things changed but no game is perfect, Even the show and nba2k need work still.

Playing:
Old 07-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #60
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Latest Madden i own is 12....been playing it lately....this vid blows 12 out of the water...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #61
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

After watching again thing I LIKED...is didn't see that bump and run animation where they completely miss...and WR have five yards open field..not to brag but I played some..and mostly played DB..and I won't say I was good and I got burnt ALOT..lol..but I never ever completely just missed my jam move..glad and hope that animation is on the cutting room floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #62
Just started!

marvinCB21's Arena

As someone who actually played the position (Corner) its not impossible to make plays on the ball before its thrown. Anticipation, reading and route recognition, **** even film study can factor. Half the time balls are thrown before the WR is looking for the ball so if your skilled enough and have the instincts its possible. My thing is i feel like in order to jump routes like that your zone or man rating has to be a 95 or better. It would suck if any joe shmo corner is out there balling like Sherm or Revis
Old 07-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #63
Just started!

marvinCB21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Am I wrong or were "disguised coverages" something that were supposedly added to the game a couple years ago? Maybe I have it mixed up here.

The video looks pretty good. Would like to know that "Coach Sense" has been improved too, in regards to CPU play calling and game management.
disguised coverage was in last year but it only allowed your DBs to "fake press" i guess this year you can show a certain coverage and play a different one at the snap. Or at least I hope lol
Old 07-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #64
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

Not impressed with this trailer. Why on earth are not only defenders standing around, but also the receivers. There is a clip of Jordy Nelson running a stop/curl/hitch but just stands there with his hands in the air as the defender swats the ball from behind him. If you do crap like that, you won't even make a team (not coming back to the ball, that is) in the NFL. EVERY NFL receiver knows to come back to the ball and compete for it.

Terrible.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »