Home

Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #65
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
i am cool with CPU DB's breaking on the ball before it is thrown....as long as that means that some times they gamble and guess wrong leaving something else wide open. In the past, DB's had the ability to break on a ball within the nano-second the button was pressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #66
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Madden NFL 15 Trailer and Screenshots - Player Sense 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm all for people being able to give opinions on OS but, these are the commits that I could do without. Just pointless, non-constructive criticism. Actually this is not even criticism. It's more of just a Troll comment. The game most certainly hasn't looked the same in the last ten years. Some changes haven't been better. Some have been better but, not the same for sure.

Yep. I used to really LOVE talking Madden at OS etc...
Lots of guys really care and seriously want a better game.
I am not to the level of not being able to enjoy the game while pointing out flaws and respect most input (Like Big, Bucky's, Sage's etc.) and desire for a better game and welcome their input.

However it's the many hit and run posts with zero productivity to the cause that keeps a lot of us from staying more than a few minutes on the forum for Madden. And you're right.. It's troll and or agenda posting.

Moving on to the game:

I wonder if EA knows what kind of a gem they would really have if they had a better animation system?
IMO they game looks and plays (from what I see) great but simply gets a lot of the good tarnished when some of these really rough/terrible animations kick in.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #67
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Gotta say--this looks good. Not where we all want it, but it looks good. I am happy to say that, unlike in years past, Madden 15 appears to be a game where I can SEE that major effort was made to improve the game in multiple areas.

I think now if Rex and company can just get animations down--really great, varied, smooth animations, along with genuine foot-planting and momentum for every player on the field, they'll be seen as freakin' kings to starved football gamers.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #68
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I didn't like it. I don't like how the receivers run their routes and break down with more realistic steps, but the db's take one step and turn on a dime. I don't like that receivers have to go through the animation, but the db animation is shortened just to make plays on the ball. It's better than what we've had, but still kinda cheap.

This new defense definitely doesn't work well with the receivers being on "rails". I can see myself being frustrated, not because the defense is tougher, but because it doesn't seem fair. DB's are attacking the ball, and receivers are just on their predetermined path.
I share a lot of those same sentiments and I also feel I will be frustrated by the truth my eyes witness.

Its to the point I am accepting it will be healthier to not bother with this Madden title until a meaningful balance is struck between simulated realism and arcade freedom.

In respect to the 2.0: there are so many frequent iterations to features that the 2.0 is becoming cliche and no longer carries enough weight in the brevity of the cycle.

This title is making its strides but I personally would like to see more development time offered on both sides of the ball each year.

It is not sufficient to me to still see one universal true step and percision moves for every single ball carrier regardless of height, weight, position and real life running style.

It is also not sufficient to me to see improved head tracking dedicated to the D but no imprpved player sence for the the game from a holistic POV in that same series?

I am not going to endorse this pace of businesss productivity and proclivity -- around the bend I see the strides EA has made in NHL and FIFA in their '15 titles and am left to ponder when Madden will finally deliver some auhenticity to these football characters - some authenticity that actually adds gravitas to the game.

I do not see any interest from the Madden execs in priortizing player individuality and authenticity let alone even giving the ball its own independent physics like NHL is empowered to do.

With all that said, I will refrain from investing into Madden: I am not satisfied w how they are allocating my funds.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #69
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I'm all for people being able to give opinions on OS but, these are the commits that I could do without. Just pointless, non-constructive criticism. Actually this is not even criticism. It's more of just a Troll comment. The game most certainly hasn't looked the same in the last ten years. Some changes haven't been better. Some have been better but, not the same for sure.

By same I mean same robotic animations and legacy issues. At it's core Madden is using the same code it has used for the past decade or more.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #70
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinCB21
disguised coverage was in last year but it only allowed your DBs to "fake press" i guess this year you can show a certain coverage and play a different one at the snap. Or at least I hope lol
You could do more than just fake press in 25. Base align gave a standard 2 high safety look regardless of what youre actually running. Could also man align while in zone covg or vice versa. Nothing too complex but there were at least a few ways to disguise your covg

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #71
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

The animations at times are painful to look at. I'm sure the dev team feels the same way and I assume that is what will be worked on next year.

Having said that there is a lot to like there and still some things not too. The coverage looks good when player break on the ball or when they are in drop on any post, flag or go routes.

Where it looks to robotic are the cross, drags and out patterns. The DB's seem to react to quickly in this short sample size. Although on the last part where they go over disguised coverage if you watch the right side of the screen the DB does a nice defensive drop and then reacts appropriately to the out pattern.

There in lies the problem with these short marketing clips. Some things look good and some don't. Which will we see more of when the game releases.

Having played the position and coached the position this has been my #1 issue for 10 years, penalties #2. I'm really anxious to see this up close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #72
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yep I really like a lot of what I see but some of the animations are still making it a bit rough. Not to where I still won't enjoy it.
Liked seeing DB's that aren't looking at play not reacting as soon as ball is thrown.
Don't like how players rushing the QB still go straight at an OL and no (at least from what I see) stutter stepping or faking a move inside/outside to try and beat the OL. Always straight at them.

Here's a slow down vid to just see things ..well.. a little slower...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 07-18-2014 at 01:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »