Home

Gameplay Showcase today at 4:30 pm est with Rex Dickson and "RG"

This is a discussion on Gameplay Showcase today at 4:30 pm est with Rex Dickson and "RG" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
re: Gameplay Showcase today at 4:30 pm est with Rex Dickson and "RG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ian used to say that the game was tuned on All-Pro, but maybe that's all changed. I thought the tackling cone is turned off on All-Pro and All-Madden? No?
By default, the only mode it's off for is All-Madden. I think the tackling video from a few days ago said this.

That said, I don't want to see All-Madden either. All it essentially is is having the user team's sliders nerfed to 25 and the kick meter difficulty increased. Show me All-Pro where the user ability is the same as CPU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, I don't like testing on All-Madden, either, just a personal preference for me. I'd rather test on All-Pro. All-Madden the AI is a bit jacked.
And that's exactly why I want to see what it looks like on All-Madden. It's going to tell me so much about how this team is approaching this game and if they are really bringing anything new, or if things are business as usual. In the past, even the developers would shrug when you asked them an All-Madden question. I remember Donny Moore in a podcast just laughed off a Q&A and was bascially like "on All-Madden the CPU is juiced."

It really shouldn't be that way. Just to use another game as an example, on The Show, when you hit on lower difficulty levels, the CPU pitcher won't mix things up as much on you as far as location, speeds, etc. But when you jack it up to Hall of Fame for instance, the CPU pitcher is taking into account your timing, what pitches you swing at and where, and it makes adjustments.

I remember a game I played a few weeks ago, I raked the CPU pitcher in the first two inning by sitting on one location (belt high on the outter 1/3 or the plate). Didn't swing at anything else, even if it was astrike. I rung up a 4 run inning. AND then the CPU adjusted. From the 3rd inning on, I didn't see anything up in the zone again. Everything was down in the zone. The CPU didn't give me anything in the area I was sitting on and I had to completely change my approach in the middle of the game.

That is what All-Madden should be. It should be a chess game. Instead the way Madden has always approached this was to handicap you with sliders so that the CPU reacts a tick faster, your guys a tick slower. Your guys get stuck to blocks, the CPU sheds in a millisecond. If you look at the slider pre-sets in All-Madden, everything for the CPU is at 50 while the USER is at 25. That's just a flat out lame approach to me. If we can't get the animations we want, we should at the very least be scratching the surface of the intellectual side of football (for those of us that want that).

I remember reading a while back about the enhanced AI making adjustments, playing you smarter (something I've heard for a few years now). With the power of this new generation of consoles that is exactly what we should be seeing on the highest difficulty levels of the game. Now to be fair, I did notice the CPU calling a better game overall in Madden 25, but there was still WAAAAYYYY too much wonkiness that found its way over from the last gen engine.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 07-18-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
It really shouldn't be that way. Just to use another game as an example, on The Show, when you hit on lower difficulty levels, the CPU pitcher won't mix things up as much on you as far as location, speeds, etc. But when you jack it up to Hall of Fame for instance, the CPU pitcher is taking into account your timing, what pitches you swing at and where, and it makes adjustments.

I remember a game I played a few weeks ago, I raked the CPU pitcher in the first two inning by sitting on one location (belt high on the outter 1/3 or the plate). Didn't swing at anything else, even if it was astrike. I rung up a 4 run inning. AND then the CPU adjusted. From the 3rd inning on, I didn't see anything up in the zone again. Everything was down in the zone. The CPU didn't give me anything in the area I was sitting on and I had to completely change my approach in the middle of the game.
To be fair, along with its increased pattern recognition and generally smarter play, the CPU teams on the Show DO get a ratings increase on the two higher levels HOF and Legend (it's pretty evident by looking at the size of the PCI - the yellow circle - when it's hitting) and the user team takes a ratings hit (same example - the circle gets smaller). It's not all about just making it play smarter. It doesn't get buffed/nerfed to the extent that All-Madden does though, IMO - not even close.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
And that's exactly why I want to see what it looks like on All-Madden. It's going to tell me so much about how this team is approaching this game and if they are really bringing anything new, or if things are business as usual. In the past, even the developers would shrug when you asked them an All-Madden question. I remember Donny Moore in a podcast just laughed off a Q&A and was bascially like "on All-Madden the CPU is juiced."

That is what All-Madden should be. It should be a chess game. Instead the way Madden has always approached this was to handicap you with sliders so that the CPU reacts a tick faster, your guys a tick slower. Your guys get stuck to blocks, the CPU sheds in a millisecond. If you look at the slider pre-sets in All-Madden, everything for the CPU is at 50 while the USER is at 25. That's just a flat out lame approach to me. If we can't get the animations we want, we should at the very least be scratching the surface of the intellectual side of football (for those of us that want that).

I remember reading a while back about the enhanced AI making adjustments, playing you smarter (something I've heard for a few years now). With the power of this new generation of consoles that is exactly what we should be seeing on the highest difficulty levels of the game. Now to be fair, I did notice the CPU calling a better game overall in Madden 25, but there was still WAAAAYYYY too much wonkiness that found its way over from the last gen engine.
I hear you, but if the game is still tuned on All-Pro like Ian mentioned, and all things being equal, I'd prefer all-pro testing.

Just a personal preference, though.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 2

Since most online games are on all-pro, I'd rather see that setting. It seems to provide the best gameplay.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #30
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

So is this thing still happening or is it normal for these types of things to start late?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #31
Underdog

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Gameplay Showcase today at 4:30 pm est with Rex Dickson and "RG"

Edited thread title to correct broadcast start time.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #32
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Gameplay Showcase today at 4:30 pm est with Rex Dickson and "RG"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Edited thread title to correct broadcast start time.
Ahh thank you sir. Shoot, I coulda squeezed in one more episode of Wilford before this. Oh well.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »