Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #289
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I gotta agree with Countryboy, it's cool if you don't believe the "official story" about them adding it, then having to take it out but expecting them to show us how bad it is so we can decide if it's acceptable is beyond the pale, imo.
I'm gonna say keep it out until they make it work. We know their track record with implementing half way done features in the past.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #290
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I'm gonna say keep it out until they make it work. We know their track record with implementing half way done features in the past.
Which is exactly why it's not in the game yet, they aren't half way doing things under Cam & Rex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2014, 08:32 PM   #291
Rookie

SkillzKillz719's Arena

OVR: 17
I kind of ****ing hate how they seemingly have no integrity for their previous Maddens. In the first 20 minutes he continues to willingly unveil the peice of **** engie that we were being made fools out of to believe it was as good as the yearly pitches seem to indicate over the last generation of consoles.
What is this?
It's like renewing a relationship every year with the girl you're interested but year-in and year-out around the same time she tells you how much of a better person (or in Madden's case product) she is and how bad she was before and how much better she is now. Every year.

The world around us is perpetually undergoing change and the business of the gaming industry as a whole is no exception. Why is this still how we "buy" our games? There has to be a alternative option that doesn't make the consumer feel like we are being mislead, misjudged, and told what we want to hear only to give our $60 to the company. Every year.

Why not just pay a yearly fee and let the developers and programmers really get to work and grind away at making the best football simulation possible that maxes out the NFL license and is a fun, realistic, and deep game.
I've just really about had with all this marketing.. I don't know what to trust. And through their actions and my own personal experience, the leadership of EA Sports and Madden just do not want to deliver a game badly enough that would come close to my previous reasonably obtainable suggestions that would make the game fun, realistic, and deep in the true sense of the words.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #292
Pro

Haval93's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Far be it for me to try to excuse or defend what Tiburon does because ultimately, they're the ones to blame for whatever issues Madden has. That said, I don't really see how in this instance they can be faulted for not prioritizing movement for players, if it's true that they actually added it but had to remove it due to programming issues. I give that claim some credence due to the fact that this isn't the first time a Madden team has stated this type of issue, meaning adding one thing, which unexpectedly effects something else. Specifically with regard to player movement, which I think Ian mentioned some issues with trying to add locomotion to defenders.

So performance issues is the reason why it was cut? I'm sorry, but this is something you shouldn't hear from a developer, specifically one that wants to take the game in a more realistic direction. Also, didn't we just start a new console generation, the Madden programmers have already optimized and maxed out all of the power available in these new consoles? I don't know what goes on at EA, but game play takes precedence over all other aspects when developing a game. Rather than increasing the number of polygons on each character and taking a hit on game play and the frame rate, compromises should of been made to the graphics department. Reduce the detail in crowd, you don't need to animate ever blade of grass, and other objects that just add eye candy. Use most of your available power to complete aspects like implementing "True Step" to ever player. Fans and people playing the game would rather have better game play than good graphics, this has always been the case of video games as games with great game play last a long time while games with a focus on graphics don't.

Regardless, the live stream was well done and showed a lot of nice things. I want to play the demo now and will buy the game baring it isn't a complete disastrous mess to support Rex's vision for the series. Hopefully next year, they focus on redoing all player movement, locomotion, animations, and physics.

Last edited by Haval93; 07-19-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:00 PM   #293
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
No, I believe them. Sure it's probably ludicrous for them to show it publicly.

It's just the approach seems to be backwards as TheTruth437 mentioned. If true step is truly a game changer as it seems it could very well be, they should have kept it in place and made it work. My concern is all the work that's completed and all foreseeable work being done might need to be scrapped to get 22 true steps working simultaneously. True steps could get Madden's players to move organically.

Edit: ... and then where would we be again, year 1 of a 3 year plan once 22 true steps implementation have been figured out? That's my concern.
Like I stated, I'm the last one to try to speak for Tiburon, I'm not their defender just because of a good presentation and some refreshing candor, lol. My only point was in this case, with regard to true step for all players, according to what Clint stated according to what was posted by JPDavis, I don't see what more could have been done. I want it for all the players, apparently they did too but it didn't work right when they tried so they're trying to figure it out.

I'm all for criticism of the game being so fundamentally FUBAR that it's so difficult to get movement addressed for all players but according to that post, they're trying to do it. Not just the usual "we're looking into it" trying but they allegedly actually added it for M15, wanted it in this year but it didn't work out. I find that completely different from them not prioritizing or just overlooking it but that's me, in this case.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #294
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1

@29:30 mark - The Carolina Panther defender seemingly knows where the Saints offensive player is going to be. Offensive player looks to be behind the defender, however the defender "knew" that the offensive player was going to cut back to the outside. Strange looking, psychic play.

Did you watch the stream? The "psychic" DB knew exactly where the WR was going because RG told the defender to read for that route to show that you can stop out routes, routes to the flats, and curls. Money plays from last year. There was nothing psychic about it. Also Rex had run the same play a few times in a row, so if the AI is working properly it should be able to sniff out consecutive plays, which will be great to stop online cheesers.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #295
Rookie

OVR: 0

To quote Eddie Murphy:
Code:
If you're starving and somebody throw you a cracker, you gonna be like this:
"Goddamn, that's the best cracker I ever ate in my life! That ain't no regular cracker, was it?
What was that, a Saltine? Goddamn, that was delicious.
God, that was the best cracker I ever ate in my life.
Can I have another one, please? Please, one more."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #296
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by juduking
@29:30 mark - The Carolina Panther defender seemingly knows where the Saints offensive player is going to be. Offensive player looks to be behind the defender, however the defender "knew" that the offensive player was going to cut back to the outside. Strange looking, psychic play.

Did you watch the stream? The "psychic" DB knew exactly where the WR was going because RG told the defender to read for that route to show that you can stop out routes, routes to the flats, and curls. Money plays from last year. There was nothing psychic about it. Also Rex had run the same play a few times in a row, so if the AI is working properly it should be able to sniff out consecutive plays, which will be great to stop online cheesers.

Yes, I did watch the video. It is still psychic DB in action not because the DB was told to cover the flat, but the execution.

As I specified and let me clarify ... the concept is perfectly fine. The concept of covering the flats is perfectly fine. It is the execution that is poorly implemented. Watch the interaction/relationship of where the defender is, moves and where the offensive player is, and moves. Execution, concept.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »