Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #337
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

I saw a lot of things I liked in this live stream. Still many things I didn't but its still encouraging. I really like the hot route animation "delay" so people cant rip through 30 hot routes before the snap. I would like to see the animations for the checks at the line be slowed down a bit too. When Peyton was signaling to the wr it almost looked like it was in fast forward. Maybe it will change if you play a slower speed in game.

Player models look better but they still are a little too robotic. But they are improving. I saw some really nice tackles that ive never seen before as well.

Great lighting the guys were right graphics were much improved but living worlds is still sooo disappointing. A "live" sideline would be so sweet to have.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #338
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream Starts at 4:30 PM EST, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Alright so I have a question. In MLB the show there is a similar system where you tell your players what to train. Now why isn't that bashed or not liked like madden? Is it because there are no points involved?
The Show's progression isn't stat based like Madden. I could throw 6 WR screens per game to a WR with an XP goal of 90 catches and he'll turn in to a superstar, also you could have an offensive lineman with a goal of your team throwing for 4000 yards, but if you have a run heavy offense, he will miss his goals even if he allowed no sacks all year.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:16 PM   #339
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree, what you're describing seems like what "show blitz" should be in Madden instead of a how it is now, which basically seems like stacking the box, not showing bltiz, imo. I'm think "bluff blitz" is fine and has merit but having both would be better. Good point and someone should tweet that little nuance to the devs.
Maybe JP could do it if he has time because I have no idea who to send it to. I think adding little enhancements to features like this would go a long way with the realism of how the game looks. Right now the way the feature is they just take a few steps forward and then drop into zone because you sure wouldn't do it for man coverage.

Actually a bluff blitz for both man and zone would be cool because you could also bluff blitz a safety but man him up on a TE or RB and they wouldn't blitz in they'd just play man but on Zone they'd take those few steps up and then drop.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #340
MVP

OVR: 8

Post play is looking so much better and gone is the lost cattle feel with players running into each other and sprinting towards the locker room. Its small things like that that I appreciate them fixing after all these years.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #341
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
I saw a lot of things I liked in this live stream. Still many things I didn't but its still encouraging. I really like the hot route animation "delay" so people cant rip through 30 hot routes before the snap. I would like to see the animations for the checks at the line be slowed down a bit too. When Peyton was signaling to the wr it almost looked like it was in fast forward. Maybe it will change if you play a slower speed in game.

Player models look better but they still are a little too robotic. But they are improving. I saw some really nice tackles that ive never seen before as well.

Great lighting the guys were right graphics were much improved but living worlds is still sooo disappointing. A "live" sideline would be so sweet to have.
There was discussion about communicating hot routes last year or the year before, where Bezo was pretty much stating the "signaling" doesn't really take that much time in real life. Also in the stream the devs were saying they actually consulted NFL QBs about it, so considering they acknowledge the amount of preplay adjustments were ridiculous, they seem to have also added in an increased chance of false start on the offense when doing too much adjusting, it's a good start.

I think the next step should be taking away the ability to bring up the playart on All Pro and All Madden by default and add in an increased chance for miscommunication/players running a different route than what the QB adjusted to, for less AWR players and the more preplay adjustments made. In real life QBs have no idea for certain what any other player is going to do, they only know what they should do based on the play call/ audible/adjustment. So since offensive Users are essentially the QBs presnap at the LOS, stop giving them the ability to be certain of the other players assignments/adjustments by bringing up the playart. Leave on by default on lower settings as a teaching tool but have it off by default and an option for All Pro/All Madden. That way it's off by default for online ranked and optional for league Commissioners/offline Users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #342
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I just thought of another question and if someone can answer it that would be great. Will the CPU also bluff a blitz or is that only going to be for human controlled teams?
Old 07-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #343
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
There was discussion about communicating hot routes last year or the year before, where Bezo was pretty much stating the "signaling" doesn't really take that much time in real life. Also in the stream the devs were saying they actually consulted NFL QBs about it, so considering they acknowledge the amount of preplay adjustments were ridiculous, they seem to have also added in an increased chance of false start on the offense when doing too much adjusting, it's a good start.

I think the next step should be taking away the ability to bring up the playart on All Pro and All Madden by default and add in an increased chance for miscommunication/players running a different route than what the QB adjusted to, for less AWR players and the more preplay adjustments made. In real life QBs have no idea for certain what any other player is going to do, they only know what they should do based on the play call/ audible/adjustment. So since offensive Users are essentially the QBs presnap at the LOS, stop giving them the ability to be certain of the other players assignments/adjustments by bringing up the playart. Leave on by default on lower settings as a teaching tool but have it off by default and an option for All Pro/All Madden. That way it's off by default for online ranked and optional for league Commissioners/offline Users.
That's an awesome idea, the only problem is that the QBs tend to throw the ball where the receiver is, rather than where he is supposed to be. It could still lead to miscommunications if the WR runs the wrong route, but I'd like to see the QB throw to a spot where the WR is nowhere near when there is a miscommunication. For instance, WR is supposed to run a dig, but instead runs a go route and never breaks off, and the QB throws right to a defender with no WR near him
Old 07-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #344
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like that you have to wait for the QB to finish the audible animation before calling another one. HOWEVER, the animations they have are way way way too quick and robotic. It doesn't look like a natural movement. He stands, points, then gets back under center in an incredibly herky-jerky kinda way. That other football game had the QB naturally pointing and signaling. The QB would even, from time to time, walk away from center to communicate with the wide out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »