Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #425
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream, Watch it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
I've been slightly critical of Madden ( and JP's) approach to this game thus far. That said, this livestream was something different from what I've seen from Madden over the years. It was informative, straight forward, and came by as genuine. Very impressive - and it has me be back on the Madden train.

I'm still seeing the same animations we've had for far too long. Tackling looks nice and graphics are obviously amazing. Hopefully presentation is improved and we do find a few signature animations.

I'm now looking forward to playing this in 5 weeks.
What really stood out to me is that they actually used an internal presentation that included a lot of technical information about what they're doing. This is a clear sign that they understand how detail driven a large percentage of their fan base is and they're attempting to present their efforts with a more technical approach and I appreciate that.

Seams like this team realizes the majority that buy sports games want realism and they need to balance out arcade and sim gameplay to continue driving sales for the title. I'll support their efforts as long as they just keep driving the game forward, the past several years have just been brutal because it really felt like a lot of excuses and spinning around in circles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #426
Banned

OVR: 28

Couple of other things I noticed in the stream.

Positives:

• The pass rush and line play looks MUCH better. Saw some really nice hand fighting and even an initial stutter step move by a DE. Not perfect, but really looks good.
  • Wrap tackles are nice and game LOOKS smoother.
  • Nicer pass deflections
  • Some of the defensive tools and audible changes are great. Provide nice counters to offense while maintaining realism.
  • The rip swats and WR swats are very nice
  • Zone chucks are nice, but need to be more frequent
  • I like the
Negatives:
  • At 53 minutes, the screen play looks really good until #74 lays that nice cut block. The problem is he basically warps back upright and blocks the oncoming safety. This is obviously a bug, but it was in 25 as well. Looks really bad and is frustrating.
  • QBs are still too accurate with passes getting off when they shouldn't
It was nice to see only a few of the real frustrating elements that were in 25. Most of the things that we have been clamoring for for YEARS are being addressed and built upon. I used to say this 5 years ago all the time - addressing areas of the game are not ever just one year efforts. Everything that is in the game should get improvements year over year. That's how you get to the top of the mountain like FIFA, NBA and MLB. Build and refine. Seems like they are doing that now.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #427
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm so tempted to trade in amy ps3 and everything just to pick up a PS4 and Madden. If last gen version is scarce on new features I'm gonna seriously consider it.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #428
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I'm so tempted to trade in amy ps3 and everything just to pick up a PS4 and Madden. If last gen version is scarce on new features I'm gonna seriously consider it.

Madden 15 does look much improved but not improved enough to make me go out and buy a next gen console yet. Im holding out for wr/db interactions and/or animation overhaul, hopefully this happens next year.
I may get a next gen console for Christmas or in early 2015 (The Witcher 3!), at that point I may rent Madden 15 or buy it off Craigslist.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #429
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Couple of other things I noticed in the stream.

Positives:

• The pass rush and line play looks MUCH better. Saw some really nice hand fighting and even an initial stutter step move by a DE. Not perfect, but really looks good.
  • Wrap tackles are nice and game LOOKS smoother.
  • Nicer pass deflections
  • Some of the defensive tools and audible changes are great. Provide nice counters to offense while maintaining realism.
  • The rip swats and WR swats are very nice
  • Zone chucks are nice, but need to be more frequent
  • I like the
Negatives:
  • At 53 minutes, the screen play looks really good until #74 lays that nice cut block. The problem is he basically warps back upright and blocks the oncoming safety. This is obviously a bug, but it was in 25 as well. Looks really bad and is frustrating.
  • QBs are still too accurate with passes getting off when they shouldn't
It was nice to see only a few of the real frustrating elements that were in 25. Most of the things that we have been clamoring for for YEARS are being addressed and built upon. I used to say this 5 years ago all the time - addressing areas of the game are not ever just one year efforts. Everything that is in the game should get improvements year over year. That's how you get to the top of the mountain like FIFA, NBA and MLB. Build and refine. Seems like they are doing that now.
On that same play where 74 glitches on the cut block, one of the best moments of the stream happened IMO. 29 of SD jumps over 74 and reaches for Hilleman and grazes the back of his jersey from behind, just enough to help knock him off his balance and bring him down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2014, 12:15 AM   #430
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
In past Maddens it was more of hit or miss. You either hit your target or completely missed him. Now we should see QBs throw slightly inaccurate passes that are still catchable.

Of course I need to play the game myself to gauge how much of an impact this actually has. One thing I am curious about is whether or not the WR ratings will play any role on slightly off target passes.
Yea you did miss way wide but that was normally if you weren't set and you held the joystick to lead to much. But yea I get what you are saying. Hopefully its more of like what you said.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:08 AM   #431
Banned

OVR: 4

After watching this stream, looks good. Especially since it's Alpha. My question (authenticity), if the Referee was changed, why is the in game ref still using Ed Hochuli's number 85? (I think the new guy's number is 120 or similar)....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #432
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Very impressed by the video and Rex. A little concerned that the focus seems to be a bit slanted toward online/h2h play, as I am basically offline only. Would like to hear a lot more about the AI improvements, especially clock management and play calling.

Also hoping they have done more than a simple facelift to CFM. The mode needs a lot of work and I am worried that it will have the same probs as last year, that will go a long way in adding replayability to the game. A bit worried that no info has been revealed yet.

I have been anti-Madden for a long time. The last one I genuinely like was Madden 10 and before that there was a long drought too, IMO. But I am on board for this one. Day one purchase for me, partly because I like what I see, I believe in Rex and company and want to support their vision for sim Madden and because there is a lull in quality games until October hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »