Home

Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #129
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
That's literally the exact opposite of what the released blogs said last year and also the exact opposite of what Ian Cummings posted on this forum in 2008. (if the URL doesn't work, copy-paste this:
Code:
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2038462682&postcount=18
) Do you have a source for that?

If anything I would believe that the RBK / PBK ratings do nothing in played games, those being the legacy ratings.

More links: here here

EDIT: seems like there was never an OL blog released, I misremembered that. To that end the most recent info I have is that forum post by Ian Cummings.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #130
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

@Trojan Man

I am of the same mind but while we are here on the topic of height and weight I will say a few things.

A 99STR OG who is 300+ pounds should roll over a light weight DT who is primarily a finesse rusher.

99STR vs 99STR shoud not matter until it becomes a battle of strength and so when and if mass were considered: the playee below weight would need to build up his force and get into a positiom that can leverage a bull rush.

Aaron Donald should get bowled over by heavier guards when he is unable to wuicjly slip by them. Donald is like Sapp. He will rely on his quickness and dip and his low center of gravity will make it challelnging for blockers to engage him effectively.

Effectivess is a key to utilizing your full strength potential and like the 40time it is not often a player will be engaged in a situation that can leverage his full strength capacity.

Weight of the object (player) vs strength of other player should consider positioning for leverage. A heavy set player who is off balance on one foot can more easily be bowled over by even a DB as he loses mass on one foot.

In the present state I can use guys like Mario Williams, Cam Wake, James Harrison and Brian Orakpo as 3-4DEs and they perform way better than the elite players that are built for this position within the scheme.

Those four guys still demand double teams and can usually just rip through a gaurd w finesse moves when put at DT in a Nickle of Dime package.

I do not support STR being a duration for Olinemen and something else for Dlinemen - it should not even be a duration timer for anyone as that o considered holding lol which it literally translates to: a lineman can stand straight up w no leverage on the edge and no driving of feet and just pose as an immovable oak tree as he posts up on the outside defender lol.

It will be good to see impact matter more than suctioning so we can see players stumble and lose balance off initial impact: it peeves me to see a weak, small HB stand up to charging rushers who have him outmatched in strength, power and size and although that same rusher just made the lineman look sily w his power move: he is now struggling to knock down / knock aside an inferior HB who has poor positioining and no momentum to withstand his force.

Anyhow, we play by the rules and either bend them to our will or bend our will to them.

Remember that a prototypical nose tackle can draw up to 3 blockers in real life and slice through dbl teams: all these blockers are strong on their own in the gym but in a condition like a Football trench: strength now fits a new context. You can grip a bar in the gym: you cannot grip a defenders jersey - a new acquired / learned technical strength is now required.

We also factor stamina into strength as a modifier.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #131
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Back then when Ian was in charge, it probably did. But those ratings don't show up in the frontend anymore - they're more or less dummied out of everything except play now games. They definitely don't show up in CFM as they're untrainable. They're legacy, like you said.
Yeah I was aware that CFM didn't include the ratings on XBOX 360 and PS4, I wasn't sure if that was also the case on XBOX One and PS4 because I haven't played CFM on the Gen-8 consoles yet.

Again, this gets at the thing I said before about Tiburon just needing to release a comprehensive ratings document which details exactly what each rating in the game does, how it's used, if it's ever ignored, etc. etc. I've done my best to try to gather up information on what the ratings do over the years but clearly that's not enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #132
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
If anything I would believe that the RBK / PBK ratings do nothing in played games, those being the legacy ratings.
That wouldn't really make sense because in Madden 25's CFM mode the only stats for O-linemen that you can upgrade with XP points are their RBK, PBK, and IBK. There is no mechanism in place to upgrade their run-block-footwork or run-block-strength, etc. Why those stats are still in the game when they don't even show up on the standard player stats roster screen for CFM mode is far, FAR more confusing than implementing a functional system that takes into account each player's height and weight in the proper scenarios.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #133
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
So by assumption from what this tweet says, the game operates differently in user-user games than user-CPU games? Odd, to say the least.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #134
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Yeah I was aware that CFM didn't include the ratings on XBOX 360 and PS4, I wasn't sure if that was also the case on XBOX One and PS4 because I haven't played CFM on the Gen-8 consoles yet.

Again, this gets at the thing I said before about Tiburon just needing to release a comprehensive ratings document which details exactly what each rating in the game does, how it's used, if it's ever ignored, etc. etc. I've done my best to try to gather up information on what the ratings do over the years but clearly that's not enough.
Agreed - that's why I really enjoyed those blogs they did last year that showed how certain ratings interact with each other. Bookmarked all of them for future reference.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #135
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Madden NFL 15: Top Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
@Trojan Man

I am of the same mind but while we are here on the topic of height and weight I will say a few things.

A 99STR OG who is 300+ pounds should roll over a light weight DT who is primarily a finesse rusher.

99STR vs 99STR shoud not matter until it becomes a battle of strength and so when and if mass were considered: the playee below weight would need to build up his force and get into a positiom that can leverage a bull rush.

Aaron Donald should get bowled over by heavier guards when he is unable to wuicjly slip by them. Donald is like Sapp. He will rely on his quickness and dip and his low center of gravity will make it challelnging for blockers to engage him effectively.

Effectivess is a key to utilizing your full strength potential and like the 40time it is not often a player will be engaged in a situation that can leverage his full strength capacity.

Weight of the object (player) vs strength of other player should consider positioning for leverage. A heavy set player who is off balance on one foot can more easily be bowled over by even a DB as he loses mass on one foot.

In the present state I can use guys like Mario Williams, Cam Wake, James Harrison and Brian Orakpo as 3-4DEs and they perform way better than the elite players that are built for this position within the scheme.

Those four guys still demand double teams and can usually just rip through a gaurd w finesse moves when put at DT in a Nickle of Dime package.

I do not support STR being a duration for Olinemen and something else for Dlinemen - it should not even be a duration timer for anyone as that o considered holding lol which it literally translates to: a lineman can stand straight up w no leverage on the edge and no driving of feet and just pose as an immovable oak tree as he posts up on the outside defender lol.

It will be good to see impact matter more than suctioning so we can see players stumble and lose balance off initial impact: it peeves me to see a weak, small HB stand up to charging rushers who have him outmatched in strength, power and size and although that same rusher just made the lineman look sily w his power move: he is now struggling to knock down / knock aside an inferior HB who has poor positioining and no momentum to withstand his force.

Anyhow, we play by the rules and either bend them to our will or bend our will to them.

Remember that a prototypical nose tackle can draw up to 3 blockers in real life and slice through dbl teams: all these blockers are strong on their own in the gym but in a condition like a Football trench: strength now fits a new context. You can grip a bar in the gym: you cannot grip a defenders jersey - a new acquired / learned technical strength is now required.

We also factor stamina into strength as a modifier.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

None of that will matter until there is a real physics engine running the game IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #136
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
So by assumption from what this tweet says, the game operates differently in user-user games than user-CPU games? Odd, to say the least.

He didn't say user v user. He just said user. That imply's it's any user game. Vs the CPU or user. Because the guy was wondering why you can't upgrade it. The answer was it's pointless to upgrade a rating for something that you don't use in a played game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »