Home

Offensive Line blocking

This is a discussion on Offensive Line blocking within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Offensive Line blocking

Google is great, but sometimes it just cannot find information for you that pertains to your question, so here goes:

Anyone have information on blocking times for offensive players? Or blocking time averages? I understand a QB, as a whole has about 3 seconds in the pocket....I am wondering more on blocking skill per player...

Also, are blocking times different on running plays? Talking average block time?

Any information would be greatly appreciated...Thank you in advance for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Offensive Line blocking

Thats a good question.

I also want to know about goal line runs, if the linemen on either side will "turtle" and get low to not give ground. I only noticed one goal line run in either of the live streams and ever player was still standing after gerhart crossed the goal line.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

A side note/observation on blocking....IS it just me or does the CPU blockers actually go 1 on 1 when blocking, which also means going to the 2nd level and picking up LB's?

Where it seems the human blockers double team on the DL and allow LB's to shoot gaps....

I am n the mood for a good conversation on line blocking....I think it is because I watched carefully to the line blocking during last nights HoF game. Actually recorded and watched the game a second time....

I know, HoF game watched twice in one night...I am like a junkie who hasn't had a fix in months...Double up....

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 08-04-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Yeah I noticed the line play is at least smoother and cleaner than last season. They seem like they do a good job of double teaming DLmen and scraping to the next level.

The Giants DLmen on the 1st team squad were beast last night! That, the Roberts WR guy, and Hillis was about the only thing looking good on the GMen squad IMO.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
Yeah I noticed the line play is at least smoother and cleaner than last season. They seem like they do a good job of double teaming DLmen and scraping to the next level.

The Giants DLmen on the 1st team squad were beast last night! That, the Roberts WR guy, and Hillis was about the only thing looking good on the GMen squad IMO.
Jennings and Williams had decent runs. Which is good, because Wilson's career is over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #6
Banned

DSThom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Google is great....
Google is evil.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

LOL...True....I googled "pimple," and by the time I was done with the first page of search results I was convinced of having about 3 minutes to live from a rare infection from a mediterranean sea slug that only lives at an exact depth of 23.34 feet under water and only come out at night to feed between 3:01am to 3:16am....

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 08-04-2014 at 10:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »