Home

Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #65
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top 5 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
They lie in many different ways, especially raw numbers, which is why I'm staying away from them. But when you look at the other offenses that throw as much as the pats, and how much better they were at it than the pats, it's alarming, is all I'm saying. Sure, their receivers were a mess, but his receivers have been a mess before. Their running game, however, was better than it has been in a long time (they had a better YPC and lower fumble rate than the Seahawks, for example).

I have that NFL.com rewind subscription were you get to watch every game in 30 min and I would say the first of the year was the struggle. His accuracy wasn't great but, it seemed to be mostly drops, young guys with bad route running, and their lack of confidence. Once that was improved the last part of the season and playoffs you saw the old Brady.

I would love to see his numbers in the last 8 games and playoffs compared to the first 8. It's not all about numbers but, I need to look it up.

I mean really in Madden how much difference is 98 to 93?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #66
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Yep. 41 drops, 6.6 % drop rate. The average for the NFL was 4.6%. Let's say you give him those 13 receptions back (4.6 of 619 attempts is 28 drops).

His completion % rises to 62.5.
TD% rises to 4.1
YPA rises to 7.15

Rating probably goes up a little because of all of these factors.

He still doesn't sniff the top 15 in terms of qb performance last year. 93 is a great rating, and if he didn't have the body of work that he does, it'd probably be too high considering his age and dropoff.
It's not just the drops. I've watched every game multiple times. It was a lot of mistakes from young WRs. Tompkins leaving his feet on almost every catch plus catching with his body. Guys running wrong routes. Toss in his o line was beyond awful and hurt.

Again brady didn't have a great stat year, but he won games. Jaws had him number 2 on his qb list and the nfl had him as the number 2 player.

His deep ball has declined but that's not the teams strength. He plays to the teams strength.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #67
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Welp....I'll be downloading FBG rosters yet another year and staying away from CFM. Like seriously, Idk how they can make a simulation football game with this current rating system. It's horrible.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:57 PM   #68
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I have that NFL.com rewind subscription were you get to watch every game in 30 min and I would say the first of the year was the struggle. His accuracy wasn't great but, it seemed to be mostly drops, young guys with bad route running, and their lack of confidence. Once that was improved the last part of the season and playoffs you saw the old Brady.

I would love to see his numbers in the last 8 games and playoffs compared to the first 8. It's not all about numbers but, I need to look it up.

I mean really in Madden how much difference is 98 to 93?
http://www.pro-football-reference.co...0/splits/2013/

that at least has by month.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

I find it hilarious about the fans arguing against Wilson's rating. Most of you are fans against the teams that got beat and that could've/should've beaten the Seahawks.

"I can't believe Wilson's rating"
"Wilson won because of the team"
"Wilson's a terrible QB"

Well of course Seahawks haters will say that when Seattle wins. If you don't like his rating just change it when the game is released. I realize that as a Hawks fan myself people will think I'm biased but please, settle down. Some of your complaints are just... stupid.

Just my opinion. /end rant.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #70
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
It's not just the drops. I've watched every game multiple times. It was a lot of mistakes from young WRs. Tompkins leaving his feet on almost every catch plus catching with his body. Guys running wrong routes. Toss in his o line was beyond awful and hurt.

Again brady didn't have a great stat year, but he won games. Jaws had him number 2 on his qb list and the nfl had him as the number 2 player.

His deep ball has declined but that's not the teams strength. He plays to the teams strength.
He's not rated as an 83, though. He's a 93. It's an elite rating. It's 4th best among QBs. Could you argue for him ahead of Manning, Rodgers, or Brees?

You'd have the best argument to put him ahead of Brees, who's gotten sloppy with the ball the past couple of years, but he seems to be rated about where he should be, no?
Old 07-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #71
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
I find it hilarious about the fans arguing against Wilson's rating. Most of you are fans against the teams that got beat and that could've/should've beaten the Seahawks.

"I can't believe Wilson's rating"
"Wilson won because of the team"
"Wilson's a terrible QB"

Well of course Seahawks haters will say that when Seattle wins. If you don't like his rating just change it when the game is released. I realize that as a Hawks fan myself people will think I'm biased but please, settle down. Some of your complaints are just... stupid.

Just my opinion. /end rant.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #72
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

They are all too muscular. I mean look at Peyton Manning his arms are freaking huge and we all know he aint that big in RL. Russell Wilson while being to dark and being the popular kid in school this year ratings wise looks the best.

And as far as ratings go.. After what 20 something years using rating they need to find a new way to decide how to recreate how good a player is without rating them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »