Home

Old 07-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #17
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Night Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Speaking of weather, customization could go a long way. First off, let us customize weather during our own offline franchise games. In addition to that, instead of simply choosing rain/heavy rain, give us the choice of drizzle/rain/heavy rain (or a combination of any or all of them) to start at whatever time during the game we'd like. For example, during the pregame menu, let us choose for it to start drizzling during the second quarter, then raining throughout the 3rd, and letting up for the 4th. This could help the game really show its lighting dynamics.

It's just gotten too dull and unrealistic for it to constantly rain the same amount throughout the entire game, from the coin toss to the final whistle.
There should just be dynamic weather by now. We should have the option to set what we want, but I think it should still just say rain, snow or whatever, then have it be dynamic as you stated.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #18
Rookie

MNHuskerman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
There should just be dynamic weather by now. We should have the option to set what we want, but I think it should still just say rain, snow or whatever, then have it be dynamic as you stated.
You are spot on. Nothing less than dynamic weather should be acceptable on these new systems. Look at drive club and forza horizon 2 as the glowing examples, and build toward that type of variabilty on the football field. That would greatly add to the immersion factor.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #19
Banned

You said Immersion and Madden in the same post. That's funny! Like I have said before. They only make the game to accommodate to young kids and noobs. I want them to actually listen to our advice and change small things like this. I have had accuweather on my phone now for 6 years, yet we can't get a true reading on actual weather in the game? Even in leagues we don't have to have accurate weather but at least be close. I had a game last year in Pittsburgh in February and it was 81 degrees.... Really? SMH. They should at least compile some data and do average temps for all 32 cities and plug them is some database. I feel everyone on this subject. Who can we talk to for that?
Old 07-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #20
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachOfTheYear
You said Immersion and Madden in the same post. That's funny! Like I have said before. They only make the game to accommodate to young kids and noobs. I want them to actually listen to our advice and change small things like this. I have had accuweather on my phone now for 6 years, yet we can't get a true reading on actual weather in the game? Even in leagues we don't have to have accurate weather but at least be close. I had a game last year in Pittsburgh in February and it was 81 degrees.... Really? SMH. They should at least compile some data and do average temps for all 32 cities and plug them is some database. I feel everyone on this subject. Who can we talk to for that?
Didn't some sports games have this with the Weather Channel. You could choose to play what the weather was like at that location at that time. I'm pretty sure Tiger Woods had this. And if I remember correctly it didn't really work as advertised
Old 07-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #21
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Night Games

Honestly, as a bills fan it doesn't concern me that much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 07:47 PM   #22
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

I wouldn't say that I'm worried about how it will look. I have been wondering where are the night pics though...
Old 07-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Patrick Bellanca tweeted me back on this issue

@jpdavis1982: @patrickbellanca Did you guys work on lighting for night and indoor games? So far we've only seen pics and vids in daylight

@patrickbellanca: @jpdavis1982 Of course! Nobody posted a screenshot at night yet?

Maybe they're saving it for the presentation stream? I heard they also redid snow games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe redid will mean that every snow game isn't just a ridiculous blizzard where snow blankets everything deep. And if they did finally address that, then hopefully they addressed the issue that every rain game is a tsunami. The fact that M25 on PS4/XB1 had LESS weather options was inexcusable. Not only should weather be dynamic by now, but it should also have a massive amount of settings to account for the varied conditions that take place during a season.

I'm not confident that they've put much focus on any of this though, and that's based on an entire decade of not fixing those problems, and/or removing settings from an already paltry weather set. Where are wet settings? Mud? Flurries without cover? Fog (NCAA had this), Temperature settings (NCAA had this)?

What about sunshine during snow? Did you know that the Never Say Never Moment game (Packers-Bears) has the game with snow in sunshine (looks INCREDIBLE) and in some scenes it glitches and shows TRUE light snow? The whole thing looks amazing, but it's all happening due to a glitch as it was never intended to be in the game that way. Think of how crazy it is that something that should be in the game and should be a selectable setting is in an obscure part of the game and is only in there because of glitches. Says a lot. Says a lot.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #24
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

They had the puddles when it rained out back in the day which was cool. But the field looked like a puddle pit every single time it rained out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »