Home

Night Games

This is a discussion on Night Games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #33
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Night Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Patrick Bellanca tweeted me back on this issue

@jpdavis1982: @patrickbellanca Did you guys work on lighting for night and indoor games? So far we've only seen pics and vids in daylight

@patrickbellanca: @jpdavis1982 Of course! Nobody posted a screenshot at night yet?

Maybe they're saving it for the presentation stream? I heard they also redid snow games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did they also work on rain games?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:21 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsco28
In my opinion, it's not even close. The orientation of many of the stadiums is incorrect. The shadows often jump around for one quarter to the next. The lights were missing on top of some of the support columns. Most of the games during the day take place at what seems like high noon and it stays that way through the course of the game.

It's a shame, because the lighting at times is truly fantastic. They just don't implement it right. Watch a real early start time game (Cincinnati, Baltimore, NY, etc) ; shadows creep across the field, even in September. The way it was in 25, the progressive lighting was hardly showcased.

Lighting can give the game a great feel, and the pieces seem to be in place. They just don't seem to want to refine it.
If they can get the lighting in Madden (both day and night) to where MLB:TS has it for 14. DAMN, will it look pretty.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I wish they went back to the live weather thing they had although there was few bugs like temps saying like 1,000 lmao I saw some pics of them.

I hate playing now and every game is 75 degrees.
Even if they did keep it like this, at least make the temp 60 or 65. Make it seem like fall weather.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
Speaking of weather, customization could go a long way. First off, let us customize weather during our own offline franchise games. In addition to that, instead of simply choosing rain/heavy rain, give us the choice of drizzle/rain/heavy rain (or a combination of any or all of them) to start at whatever time during the game we'd like. For example, during the pregame menu, let us choose for it to start drizzling during the second quarter, then raining throughout the 3rd, and letting up for the 4th. This could help the game really show its lighting dynamics.

It's just gotten too dull and unrealistic for it to constantly rain the same amount throughout the entire game, from the coin toss to the final whistle.
THIS
Old 07-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #37
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

re: that packers v bears game in the snow.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=353

i took a few screenshots of it, in that post. looked pretty sweet.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:25 PM   #38
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
That looks great, too. This is the PS3 version, I never saw that one until now.

The PS4 version has a different look. It has the field covered in snow and daytime lighting on, but in cut scenes the snow is light and glitchy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
That looks really cool! Too bad it is a glitch and not an option in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure why that looks so great. What was up with the dark footprints throughout the field???
Old 07-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
How does that look great? You see footprints but no snow on the ground? I get that madden needs lighter snow but that isn't good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
Not sure why that looks so great. What was up with the dark footprints throughout the field???
You're being sidetracked. I'm looking at the overall (snow in sunshine) which to me does look great and is an example of a setting that can't be selected in Madden despite it happening in the real world.

I didn't notice the footprints there, but that video is of last generation and doesn't matter now anyway. My original post was about the PS4 game as was my original point.
Old 07-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
re: that packers v bears game in the snow.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=353

i took a few screenshots of it, in that post. looked pretty sweet.
Nice. Would be good to have this setting in the overall game, but at this point I know better than to assume it will be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »