Home

Old 07-24-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3
Night Games

Does it bother anyone else that everything we have seen in regards to videos and photos takes place during day games? We have seen nothing that represents nighttime. I am afraid they are hiding it and things are going to look bad when not light outside. What are your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Rookie

badluck22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Night Games

I hadnt thought about it to be honest but now that you mention it it is interesting.

I didnt play next gen madden 25 but i did see videos and i remember the OS community ripping the dome lighting apart because it looked horrible (i dont know if it was ever fixed once the game came out), not the same as night games but still its a different kind of lighting.

With that said the lighting for the vids they have shown for 15 have looked spectacular and they may be just wanting to show that off.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

What happened to progressive lighting?? In 12 it was perfect but nearly almost absent in 25.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Banned

The look of night games in Madden has improved this generation. Still, it lacks that night time "sizzle" that (please forgive me) NFL 2K5 had which even 2K couldn't duplicate in APF.

Madden is at its best in afternoon lighting when structural shadows are casting, and in that regard no football game has ever done that better than Madden.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

So far the graphics look great in every screen shot. I think it will look just as good at night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I am not sure what source it came from, but I remember someone asking Rex (maybe it was on twitter) about progressive lighting, and he said it's in and much improved. Specifically mentioned the 4:30pm games, and the progression from day, dusk, dark being a lot better.

Maybe someone can find the source?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #7
Banned

Hmmmm. I thought progressive lighting was fine in Madden 25 for PS4.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:04 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Night lighting was atrocious in Madden 25. It failed to pick up the way the white lights of the stadiums reflected off of the helmets, particularly the metallic/fleck ones. As someone mentioned above, it failed to pick up the "sizzle" of night lighting in the NFL. Really, it was a great failure.

I have heard, however, that they claim to have greatly improved it. I will await with guarded optimism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »