Home

Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Improvements Blog and Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Improvements Blog and Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #65
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Gameplay Improvements Blog and Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Though some folks abuse it, I'll never like these limitations put on audibling for a few reasons: Not every adjustment requires drawn out verbal & physical communication. QBs & WRs often communication with just a look or discrete signal. Very quick. Also, the playbooks are not tiered like they should be and last I remember, route combinations are missing from most, if not all formations. Some folks "create plays" at the LOS because of the limitations of Madden's playbooks. Also, QBs make changes in & while leaving the huddle. Lastly, more icons? Really?
Ok, I'm ready to have it out with you on this, lol. Even if I concede this point you keep making about changes at the LOS not being so flamboyant and time consuming, we still don't see 32 starting QBs in the NFL, which Madden is based on, out there drawing up plays at the LOS or even ad libbing in general on game day like can be done in Madden. There's some reason this is the case, what is it and what's the "fix" in Madden? Leaving it as is certainly isn't fixing it and considering your espoused stance on fixes over band aids, no way you can get away with "Some folks "create plays" at the LOS because of the limitations of Madden's playbooks", as a reason for supporting this.

IMO, if they're going to leave that ability in, for nothing else but the reason that I guess NFL QBs could try it if given the freedom, then they have to remove a host of "crutches" that exist in Madden, which don't in the real NFL. Remove the ability for the User to see any play art at the LOS, NFL QBs need to memorize play schematics, so only give Users access to the play call names at the LOS. This includes not being able to see which button corresponds to which receiver at the LOS, another element that would need to be memorized from the play call. Lastly, no on screen guides/help message pop ups for utilizing the mechanic. Implement these changes, at least on higher difficulty settings All Pro/All Madden, then they can allow all the drawing up plays at the LOS they choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Play Types sound decent, but again, incomplete. Again, not sure why they didn't add contain assignments to every play. Disguising shells sounds limiting. Wide formations? I've heard of the wide 9 technique, but I'm not sure what a wide formation is. And that's not what stops outside runs. Individual assignments, discipline & technique stops outside runs.
Your quest for tiered play calling was one of the first things that crossed my mind when hearing about this and I started wondering if things like QB contain can be added to some plays, as well as added to any play at the LOS, then why is it that the User can't have that same ability in the play call screen? Either Tiburon or I possibly don't understand what you mean by teired play calling but I thought you meant selecting fronts and coverages separately. If that's correct, why exactly can't that be accomplished due to the oline/dline being tethered, considering it can essentially be done at the LOS? Am I missing something?

To put it another way wouldn't either giving the User preplay adjustments in the play call screen and/or having another option in the "play type" for choosing fronts/coverage separately, like in that other game, accomplish what you have been asking for?

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 07-25-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

I remember when mouth guards were in the game at point of time in madden it was early PS2 days I remember seeing it in madden 03
Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #67
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Has the returning team always lined up this way on punt returns?

Off the top of my head I don't remember but I always thought there was two guys on both sides defending the gunner? My only thought was that it was a punt return right call and that's why but that seems like it would immediately give up what you called. Another thing I want to see is punt coverage greatly increased and for there to be a difference between punt and max cover punt but that's for another day.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas

Has the returning team always lined up this way on punt returns?

Off the top of my head I don't remember but I always thought there was two guys on both sides defending the gunner? My only thought was that it was a punt return right call and that's why but that seems like it would immediately give up what you called. Another thing I want to see is punt coverage greatly increased and for there to be a difference between punt and max cover punt but that's for another day.
I think it has always been like that.

I believe it is always two players defending the gunner on the short side of the field.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:17 AM   #69
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I like what I just read. A lot of concerns I had are being addressed. I can't wait to play the demo and get my hands on this game Aug 26th, there's hope!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #70
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, I'm ready to have it out with you on this, lol. Even if I concede this point you keep making about changes at the LOS not being so flamboyant and time consuming, we still don't see 32 starting QBs in the NFL, which Madden is based on, out there drawing up plays at the LOS or even ad libbing in general on game day like can be done in Madden. ?

Another thing that would help is when selecting plays with different personnel, have a "delay" or actually have players having to run onto and off the field. This would cut into the play clock realistically and then limit the amount of time QB's have to hot route etc..
Another thing asked for and hopefully implemented sometime.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden 15 Deep Dive Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Good to hear about the CPU AI making adjustments and even making audibles based on what you call.

Hopefully this is true. I've heard about adaptive ai before.
There are going to be a decent amount of people complaining about the CPU being psychic when they make adjustments. I can see it now. I'm all for them being adaptive to my playcalling. It would really force people to mix up there playcalling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #72
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 15 Deep Dive Gameplay Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
There are going to be a decent amount of people complaining about the CPU being psychic when they make adjustments. I can see it now. I'm all for them being adaptive to my playcalling. It would really force people to mix up there playcalling.
Exactly. Great post.

It's like people thinking MLB The Show has "comeback AI." Sometimes the other guy puts the perfect swing on a good pitch, sometimes the other guy calls the perfect play for your offensive play call. I want them to make the CPU as tough as possible.

Also, I hope you and charter come out with sliders again this year, you guys keep me gaming when it comes to Madden.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »