Home

Does Statistics finally matter in Madden 15?

This is a discussion on Does Statistics finally matter in Madden 15? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-26-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does Statistics finally matter in Madden 15?

Didn't assists record correctly in '12?
Old 07-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #10
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Didn't assists record correctly in '12?
I believe they stopped recording correctly after Madden introduced the Infinity engine.

I am all for improving the stat tracking in Madden. The more stats the better, but I would especially like to see catches allowed by CBs to be recorded.

On a unrelated topic, only mods can edit thread titles correct?
Old 07-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #11
Banned

This is the problem with the game. We buy it because it's the only option for SIM players like us. However, they have to tailor the game to other football fans (7-12 Year olds) who want to be "good" at Madden. I don't think that statistics play a huge role to developers. They have had the same tracking engine for years. It's always tweaking the small nuances of they game that they focus on. Who agrees that this "new" tackle meter/animation reminds them of the stupid QB cone we had 4-5 years back? Stats don't matter anymore. I wish they had an in-game fantasy football mode with the leagues.

We will have to wait for another football title or beg EA to listen until they fix it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachOfTheYear
This is the problem with the game. We buy it because it's the only option for SIM players like us. However, they have to tailor the game to other football fans (7-12 Year olds) who want to be "good" at Madden. I don't think that statistics play a huge role to developers. They have had the same tracking engine for years. It's always tweaking the small nuances of they game that they focus on. Who agrees that this "new" tackle meter/animation reminds them of the stupid QB cone we had 4-5 years back? Stats don't matter anymore. I wish they had an in-game fantasy football mode with the leagues.

We will have to wait for another football title or beg EA to listen until they fix it
The stats are tracked correctly. It's just that the gameplay engine has very few gang tackle animations, thus, every tackle is a solo tackle. The QB cone actually wasn't a bad idea, considering you could use it to look off safeties, and it actually made QB ratings matter (QBs were very inaccurate outside the cone, and better QBs had bigger cones). The new tackle thing can be turned off if you don't like it too.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #13
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
The stats are tracked correctly. It's just that the gameplay engine has very few gang tackle animations, thus, every tackle is a solo tackle. The QB cone actually wasn't a bad idea, considering you could use it to look off safeties, and it actually made QB ratings matter (QBs were very inaccurate outside the cone, and better QBs had bigger cones). The new tackle thing can be turned off if you don't like it too.
I agree with you a hundred percent. I actually didn't find anything wrong with the QB cone. I feel at the time the people who were complaining about it were the same people to abuse nano blitz. In real life a QB can't be running one way and then no look pass the ball 30 yards in the other direction. It added another level of realism to the game. You steer down your WR then defense knows where you're going, looking off safeties and you get a big gain. That's football.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #14
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Since player ratings do not matter, statistics do not matter, and thus will never be NFL similar statistics.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

How evert I acknowledge there is a problem with how the stats are generated. The human team leader in tackles after two games will be like 7 while the CPU controlled team will have already amassed 30. They need to find a way to correct it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #16
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

I don't even think overall should matter as much as physical ratings. Every year someone who didn't have a high overall rating steps up and plays above their overall. Then we have people who are highly rated and don't produce like it. Especially cover boys (i.e. Hillis). Statistic should and have played a part in hot and cold streaks they just need to fix how tackles and pancakes are handled.

Last edited by SiNsinNatti; 07-26-2014 at 08:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »