Home

Does Statistics finally matter in Madden 15?

This is a discussion on Does Statistics finally matter in Madden 15? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 08:33 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Does Statistics finally matter in Madden 15?

The other reason for the low number of tackles is the number of plays ran per game. Only 1 tackle can be made per play. CPU simulations are 15 minute games. Most people play 5 minute games. On higher difficulty levels with proper sliders, where the AI sustains drives, 5-6 minute games can provide decent tackling numbers. However, the way most people play causes the CPU to run a lower number of plays in a game, resulting in the low tackle numbers. What you could do is change the simulation game time to something lower, although that could mess up offensive stats.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:38 PM   #18
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNsinNatti
How evert I acknowledge there is a problem with how the stats are generated. The human team leader in tackles after two games will be like 7 while the CPU controlled team will have already amassed 30. They need to find a way to correct it.
I'ts about the gameplay and number of plays ran during a game. I've gotten my LBs into the top 15 in tackles running 15 minute quarters with accelerated clock. But it was because I was using sliders I made that distributed the tackles more realistically, still very few assisted tackles.

So first you have to run as many plays as the CPU and then you have to have realistic gameplay so your LBs get a majority of your tackles and not the CBs or Defensive line like on default.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #19
Rookie

maddog45's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
I'ts about the gameplay and number of plays ran during a game. I've gotten my LBs into the top 15 in tackles running 15 minute quarters with accelerated clock. But it was because I was using sliders I made that distributed the tackles more realistically, still very few assisted tackles.

So first you have to run as many plays as the CPU and then you have to have realistic gameplay so your LBs get a majority of your tackles and not the CBs or Defensive line like on default.
My defensive line men averages 2 tackles a game. They dont do anything against the run game for me. Ever. My corners have more tackles then any one on my team.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:23 PM   #20
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

DTs can't tackle worth shxt
Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #21
Rookie

maddog45's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNsinNatti
DTs can't tackle worth shxt
on top of that the NT doesn't get double teamed constantly on the pass or run, I wanna see somebody one on one vince wilfork and see how that goes.... The nt should free up the linebackers. The nose tackle is the linebackers best friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #22
Banned

DSThom's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog45
My defensive line men averages 2 tackles a game. They dont do anything against the run game for me. Ever. My corners have more tackles then any one on my team.
Maybe get your GED?
Old 07-31-2014, 10:12 PM   #23
Pro

SiNsinNatti's Arena

Quote:
on top of that the NT doesn't get double teamed constantly on the pass or run, I wanna see somebody one on one vince wilfork and see how that goes.... The nt should free up the linebackers. The nose tackle is the linebackers best friend.
DTs can't tackle worth shxt. In Madden... I hope this year DTs do get more reach tackles or effect the running backs more. DTs putting pressure on the O Line slowing up the RB just that much to help the backers get there or even wrapping them up themselves.
Season 15 7-9-0
Season 14 (12-4*-0) NFC East Div. Champions
Season 13 (8-8-0)

www.twitch.tv/sinsinnatti3x
Old 08-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #24
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
I never have any problems with my DL getting tackles. Most DE in the real NFL average around 4 tackles a game, for DT's its about 3. Your DL averaging 2 could be just about right depending on what settings you play on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »