Home

What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

This is a discussion on What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

I'll start, obviously we were disappointed with what we saw of the halftime show.
So that definitely needs work. I was told they are going to improve it and polish it for the final build. I also got a tweet from Ronnie of Tradition Sports the other day that I'll post below later.

I really like a lot of the visual presentation this year, and even the audio with the crowd sounds MUCH better. Removing the cutscenes has created a much smoother tv broadcast style flow. I really like the end of quarter breaks too, they truly feel like a tv broadcast, Nantz sounds like tv not video game Nantz too. I'm still not satisfied or even close with what I've heard from the commentary but I also got a tweet about that from Ronnie saying they were adding a lot of the commentary last time he went down there.

Here are his tweets on halftime & commentary

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub Did you see the halftime show and could you hear it? The only video of it that is out has a ton of dead air, is that how it was?

@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 I thought it was cool and much better than the example that is out. I didn't see it when it was 100% complete, but it was nice.

@jpdavis1982: @Drifterbub Was there any commentary during the stat recap when you saw it? In the example it was silent for that whole time it shows stats

@Drifterbub: @jpdavis1982 yes there was more commentary in the last build I played. They were doing a lot of work to the commentary engine when we left

What do you guys hope to see in the final build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #2
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

I know this is one of my biggest CCM wishes as well, but I would love to see updates from other games in progress. Keeping an eye on the division and playoff races could add so much more depth to this mode, and what better way to present this in-game than the halftime show?

Edit: I don't need highlights, just show the scores. Bonus points for going more in-depth with it: for example saying how a current game (or games that have gone final already) impact the divisional or playoff races.

Sideshow Bob

Last edited by GoToledo; 07-06-2014 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: What improvements would you like to see in the presentation in the final build?

I was told by Larry Ridley himself that he recorded some lines for things like division standings and playoff chase. Im assuming he meant for that anyway based on this tweet and that those two examples are mentioned in the presentation blog on EA's site.

@mrlarryridley: Yes, some RT @jpdavis1982: @mrlarryridley record any lines for things like MVP, playoff chase, division standings, injuries, who's hot/not?

Now WR don't know which of those he's referring to specifically but any of those are new and needed.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Well, I like the sound of that. Here's hoping.

Sideshow Bob
Old 07-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'd like to see some tighter shots post play. In the footage I've seen there weren't enough tight close shots. I also would like the broadcast view to be utilized more. Pre play, and in replays.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #6
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

I'd like for their banners to stay up long enough to see what they say. Their offense and defense lineups flash through before you even see anything, and it's not like they have the commentary talk about it, so if you miss the 3 second pop up you have no way of knowing what it was.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'd like to see some tighter shots post play. In the footage I've seen there weren't enough tight close shots. I also would like the broadcast view to be utilized more. Pre play, and in replays.
The more broadcast view, the better. And I swear, if they still have cameras on the wrong side of the field (upside down midfield logos), I am going to freak lol...
Old 07-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
And the poor camera angles. Such as the camera behind the first down marker or someone's calf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »