Home

Best Team to Build in Madden 15

This is a discussion on Best Team to Build in Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Best Team to Build in Madden 15

Houston Texans - they have a better team than the record showed last year. Plus they need a new Qb. I'm not sure yet if I'll build Savage to be the starter or if I'll just draft someone. Also, they have one of my favorite players in the NFL, JJ Watt.

Pittsburgh Steelers - I want to rebuild them into a powerhouse again.

Minnesota Vikings - they drafted Bridgewater, so I'm looking forward to playing with him. Also, the defense need a big overhaul.

New England Patriots - I always do one with this team. Brady will only be around for a few more years. And they need a stud Wr. Awesome unis.

Philadelphia Eagles - I always do one with this team as well. Love the O. The D needs some players here and there. But overall, a solid roster. Love the unis.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:57 PM   #34
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
I like to "keep it as real as possible" there is a reason the Jags are always so far under the cap. They are a small market that doesn't win much...that means building the team through the draft. You can't spend 30M extra dollars that you really don't have, string together a few winning seasons, then I could see you coming closer to the cap.
You are taking this a bit far IMO. But hey, if wanna stay sim & play with the Jags & not spend any money & suck then go for it. lol
Old 07-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #35
Rookie

While I am not a fan of SD I am doing a city of no championships dynasty and I am obviously the Padres in MLB The Show and considering the Padres drafted Johnny Manziel I am going to absolutely empty the house trying to acquire him. I absolutely hate Rivers so it'll probably involve him and Te'o with w/e else CLE wants....Also their are bad teams and their are bad "video game" teams and SD gets absolutely jobbed when it comes to ratings on Madden yet DAL is a total mess and can b amazing to play with. I am gonna tear this team apart and build from the ground up mainly because i do not care for anyone on this whole roster except maybe Allen and Woodhead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2014, 09:35 AM   #36
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

My main Franchise will be with the Saints since they are the team that I support. However I am not starting that till the Week 1 Rosters come out as I want the most up to date and realistic changes to the team before I begin my Franchise with them. So when I receive the game, I will choose one of the following.

Steelers: I want to turn them into the dominant force they once was. Big Ben still has a few years left in him and I have enjoyed using him in previous Maddens. They have a decent receiving core and potential at RB. Their D still has a few playmakers which will make them nice and rewarding to play with. It would be fun to turn them into a force again and grab another SB or two.

Cardinals: Never started one with Arizona before but they have a good team and they have a great Defense. Their O has some good players too with obviously Fitzgerald at WR. My aim with them would be to turn them into a consistent playoff team however that is only the start of the challenge. They are in the hardest Division in football having to face Seattle and San Fran twice a year and the Rams don't have a bad D either. It will be very tough especially with the game focused on Defense this year. But for me that would be part of it all, trying to knock Seattle or San Fran off so that we could have a few shots at making the playoffs.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #37
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I've started picking two teams for each franchise:
- One team that is in a rebuilding phase
- One team that is either a contender but is aging so that I have to sort of transition into a new era, or one team that is young but is almost playoff caliber
- One team from the AFC and one team from the NFC

As a Bucs fan, I will likely use the Bucs as my NFC team, and I think they fall under the young and almost playoff caliber level, so then I have to find a rebuilding team in the AFC.

This year, some of the AFC teams I'm looking at that I can rebuild are:
- Cleveland
- Oakland
- Jacksonville
- Potentially a team like Tennessee, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh, but they're probably too good to really rebuild.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #38
Rookie

William85's Arena

I like having finacial flexibility, so cap space is pretty important. That normally steers me toward a younger team .
Old 07-28-2014, 12:56 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
You are taking this a bit far IMO. But hey, if wanna stay sim & play with the Jags & not spend any money & suck then go for it. lol
I get where the other guy is coming from. While it is fun to get every star possible with a ton of cap space, it's not the same kind of accomplishment.

I did something similar last year within my house rules. I had a rule for resigning guys (based on their age, overall, and when they were drafted) as well as a rule on FA signings. The resigning rule I got off this forum, but I can't remember the specifics. The FA rule was more about controlling the position upgrade. Iirc, I'd only allow myself to sign someone that was a maximum 3 points higher on overall as a baseline. Then for every year a guy was older than the previous person in that slot, I would add one point to that baseline. If he was younger, I'd take a point off the baseline. If I don't resign that 80 overall DE who is 28, I can sign a 87 overall DE that is 32 or older, or I can go after that 80 overall who is 25. This either allows me to get better now, but adds age, or build a viable but younger team. It's all in adding extra difficulty.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:00 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by William85
I like having finacial flexibility, so cap space is pretty important. That normally steers me toward a younger team .
aw man u gotta try the teams that have big cap issues! great challenge

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »