Home

Viewing Madden From A Different Angle

This is a discussion on Viewing Madden From A Different Angle within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-28-2014, 08:38 AM   #9
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Viewing Madden From A Different Angle

i have been saying this for years, and your totally right Big. I love how so many madden guys think they are great at football, when really seeing alot more of the field than a real qb or hb for that matter in the nfl. im sure the qbs would LOVE to be able to decide who to throw to from the view we get in madden currently. I would love to see a very close to the field camera. Custom camera would be awesome. I personally loved the view in madden 10 online co- op. to me it really made me feel like i was playing in a real nfl stadium , on a real nfl field. i felt totally immersed in the game. The only thing that camera lacked was the ability was to look around your player and scan the field, but that could be implimented fairly easily i think , with a combo of like l2 and left stick (ps4) . I dream of a day we can get a more realistic , closer to the field and closer to the action view in madden.At the moment i use zoomed all the time , even in my online cfm. The next zoomed camera is slightly closer, but still too high IMO.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

I also agree that being closer to the action and seeing less of the field at once could improve immersion.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Does anyone remember 2k's First Person Football mode? It was an interesting diversion from the norm, but really tough and I would be surprised to hear anyone that played from that view exclusively.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

The player lock camera in NBA2K14 is pretty good at giving you both a closer perspective and the ability to rotate the camera to get the best view...I always use the zoom option in madden so I am really hoping for 15's zoom to be solid in the meantime...

Last edited by TTD71; 07-28-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: weird spacing mistake...lol
Old 07-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #13
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Does anyone remember 2k's First Person Football mode? It was an interesting diversion from the norm, but really tough and I would be surprised to hear anyone that played from that view exclusively.

yup I would go to this angle once in a while to switch it up and procede to get the breaks beat off myself by the CPU. It was fun to try but hard as hell.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #14
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
yup I would go to this angle once in a while to switch it up and procede to get the breaks beat off myself by the CPU. It was fun to try but hard as hell.
But would love to see it come back and improved if EA wanted to copy it. A FIFA type mini map. Some rumble feedback. Other ideas game developers should have the skills to come up with. Would make it a fun mode to do a player career type thing. Anything to get more out of the game.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #15
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I had thought that at least one developer would have successfully implemented this by now. It would be tough to recreate peripheral vision and the sixth sense needed to feel pressure from all angles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #16
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I have mentioned previously how our top down view makes the game easier. Coverage in Madden is actually pretty realistic, the problem is that we have an easier time with seeing guys and the timing of routes.

I would not expect a uber-zoomed camera option anytime soon. The vision cone was close to replicating the difficulties of going through progressions but that was not met with success.

There are three problems or difficulties with a up close camera angle:
1. Technical problems
2. Time spent vs demand, i.e. not worth it
3. As therizing pointed out, no way to replicate actual 3-d feel. It would go from too easy top-down view to too difficult up close view

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »