Home

Season ticket early access

This is a discussion on Season ticket early access within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #17
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Season ticket early access

With how well M15 is being received so far (way better than last year at this point) I am surprised they don't bring Season Ticket to current-gen. I bet a lot of people would shell out the money to get the game early. Live 15 ain't looking too shabby either. I would probably download each game this cycle.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:27 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
I agree this game should come out around now IMO when everyone is all jacked up about training camps starting.
Nah, now's too early. It's gotta be August. But the last week? ESPECIALLY like I said with no more NCAA game to worry about, I dont see the logic in holding off. This year it really shoulda been the 19th or even the 12th woulda been nice. (Even the 5th is too early) Not that I'd complain if it was the 5th lol. (That being said, I wouldn't mind the devs seeing this maybe and bumping it up a week if they could). That'd be nice.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:23 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

The only thing I can think of is that possibly some people were getting the games early, getting their fill and then never actually buying them.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:33 AM   #20
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

It's not free to put something on the digital storefronts for download. Following the same scheme as the previous gen they'd also need to get an app together to manage the process, then there's billing and CS costs involved. As always ROI and other factors (development resources, download sizes on next gen consoles, etc) probably made it not make sense for the short term.

If it was as successful as many of us (me included) think, then it will be back at some point probably.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Speaking of early access. With no NCAA game to promote and worry about sale wise, WHY is Madden not coming out until the last Tuesday in August???? Why not like the 19th at least?
I wouldn't rush Madden, give them all the time they need. Releasing a game a week or 2 earlier makes a huge difference between what can get fixed or put in a game versus what can't. Let us not forget, that 3 week period between when Madden comes vs when NCAA came out prevented NCAA 13 from getting the infinity engine, where as Madden 13 got it because they had the extra time to fix it and put it in.

Hell Madden can come out after Labor Day for all I care if it means they got to fine tune and polish stuff before the game goes to print.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2014, 09:19 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I wouldn't rush Madden, give them all the time they need. Releasing a game a week or 2 earlier makes a huge difference between what can get fixed or put in a game versus what can't. Let us not forget, that 3 week period between when Madden comes vs when NCAA came out prevented NCAA 13 from getting the infinity engine, where as Madden 13 got it because they had the extra time to fix it and put it in.

Hell Madden can come out after Labor Day for all I care if it means they got to fine tune and polish stuff before the game goes to print.
come on, we all know Madden's gonna be glitchy no matter when it comes out, always is. LOL. jk.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Nah, now's too early. It's gotta be August. But the last week? ESPECIALLY like I said with no more NCAA game to worry about, I dont see the logic in holding off. This year it really shoulda been the 19th or even the 12th woulda been nice. (Even the 5th is too early) Not that I'd complain if it was the 5th lol. (That being said, I wouldn't mind the devs seeing this maybe and bumping it up a week if they could). That'd be nice.
For the longest time Madden came out in early-mid August, so I don't see any reason they can't bump it up a week or two. I think it was the year of the lock out that they moved to a late August release
Old 07-28-2014, 10:11 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
For the longest time Madden came out in early-mid August, so I don't see any reason they can't bump it up a week or two. I think it was the year of the lock out that they moved to a late August release
Yeah. I remember too. Ever since that producer took over (David something?) he pushed it to last week in August. It's been there ever since. He's since long gone. To throw our NFL countdown guys some love.... C'MON MAN move it back to early-mid August guys. (And make this year the 19th too).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »