Home

Madden NFL 15 Top Middle Linebackers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Top Middle Linebackers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 15 Top Middle Linebackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
dude are you kidding me ? .. Luke is a 4-3 LB and Patrick and Bow play on the 3-4 ... [b]You say that moving to Jack LB has nothing to do with Willis dropped in tackles ?? ...]/b] dude he has to drop into coverage more than he ever did and having a monster like Bow next to him who plays the Mike and its assigned to help in the run game more than Willis has also nothing to do with his decrease in tackles ?? .. I'm not taking anything away from Luke he is a beast but to say that Willis's decrease in tackles have nothing to do with him playing Jack and having Bow next to him is just ludicrous ......
Let me spell it out again.

1) Donny Moore is not distinguishing between Jack and Mike; 3-4 and 4-3. I'm saying that Willis' move to Jack is not a factor in Donny's rating. Whether or not Willis' move to Jack is a DIRECT link to his drop in tackles is debatable. The former statement concerning what Donny factors in is not. I'd argue Willis' numbers dropped off more due to nagging injuries, missing two games, and playing through those injuries in others, than a switch to Jack. To say he dropped off due to a switch to Jack would actually indicate that he's not very flexible and can only shine in one spot. I think more highly of Willis and his talent than that. That said, all things equal Luke Kuechly had a better year that's why he won DPOY. Bowman had a better year and was highly considered for DPOY playing like an animal even in the two games that Willis missed.

2) This is not traditionally how EA rates DPOY. EA has generally had the DPOY the highest rated defender at least at his position. That's just how they have done it and shouldn't be a point of contention between us.

3) Given 1 and 2, Kuechly should be rated higher than Willis in Madden 15. Just based on Kuechly winning DPOY and the way EA traditionally rates that player it should be Luke Kuechly 1a; Bowman 1b; Willis 2. But we have the exact opposite.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Let me spell it out again.

1) Donny Moore is not distinguishing between Jack and Mike; 3-4 and 4-3. I'm saying that Willis' move to Jack is not a factor in Donny's rating. Whether or not Willis' move to Jack is a DIRECT link to his drop in tackles is debatable. The former statement concerning what Donny factors in is not. I'd argue Willis' numbers dropped off more due to nagging injuries, missing two games, and playing through those injuries in others, than a switch to Jack. To say he dropped off due to a switch to Jack would actually indicate that he's not very flexible and can only shine in one spot. I think more highly of Willis and his talent than that. That said, all things equal Luke Kuechly had a better year that's why he won DPOY. Bowman had a better year and was highly considered for DPOY playing like an animal even in the two games that Willis missed.

2) This is not traditionally how EA rates DPOY. EA has generally had the DPOY the highest rated defender at least at his position. That's just how they have done it and shouldn't be a point of contention between us.

3) Given 1 and 2, Kuechly should be rated higher than Willis in Madden 15. Just based on Kuechly winning DPOY and the way EA traditionally rates that player it should be Luke Kuechly 1a; Bowman 1b; Willis 2. But we have the exact opposite.
Dude do you know what the assignments for the "Jack" LB are compared to the "Mike" ??? ....
Old 07-29-2014, 04:58 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
Dude do you know what the assignments for the "Jack" LB are compared to the "Mike" ??? ....
Yes, I do (pending the call; strength of offense; play flow so on and so forth) being that I played Jack in High School and had to slide over to Mike when my boy Dan got hurt. Same thing in Juco, so I don't need the lecture. In every system I've played in and coached in (44, 34 and 43) it's all coverage based and designed around:

Force
Spiller
Cutback
PA Boot

Some systems might use different terminology and symbols like numbers to teach it but it's the same thing. Don't try to make it more complicated than what it is and stick to the point. Donny Moore is not factoring in assignments to his ratings. HE's not factoring in Jack and Mike. Luke Kuechly is DPOY and that player gets the highest Defensive rating at least at his position. That's how EA has rated them in the past except now that's not the case and there really are no good reasons for it.

Last edited by LBzrule; 07-29-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 12

Kuechly (DPOY) rated 3rd? LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »