Home

Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #81
Rookie

totalpoop's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
He was referring to the fact that the scheme changes a player'a OVR but doesn't make him a better player, just a better fit in a scheme. It works correctly in most situations, there might be a few things that seem off, but for the most part it works well. If you play the games, it doesn't change the way the player plays at all. The scheme shows that a player like Vince Wilfork would be a better player as a 3-4 NT than as a 4-3 pass rushing DT. It shows that Robert Quinn would be a better 4-3 DE than a 3-4 run stuffer. It allows a player to see the best player for what they are trying to do in their scheme.
once again we're talking about simulating the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #82
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

I've noticed a lot of people commenting about how the Schemes effect players overalls, but I haven't noticed anyone commenting about it for the reasons I dislike them, so I'll just throw in my $0.02. While I don't like that it drops guys ratings by so many points, I know how to work around that for my team. Not to mention I look for players I know are good rather then looking for the highest overall. The CPU doesn't see things the same way I do, all the CPU sees is the Overall, leading them to cut players like Dexter McCluster, who is a great Punt/Kick Returner, or Willis McGahee, the list goes on.

In M25 I've seen Charles Woodson cut, and without fail if I'm not controlling the 49ers they cut Kendall Hunter and the next year they cut Frank Gore. To me that is annoying and wouldn't happen in the real NFL, nor would it happen in Madden if changing schemes didn't cause players ratings to drop so many points.

I can understand some changes in rating for different and new schemes. But not as huge a drop off, and all players should fit the scheme of the team they are playing for at the beginning of a CFM. After all they go through training camp and learn new schemes, or get better at their roles with that team and the schemes they use.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Old 07-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #83
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I miss the days of auto progression/regression in Madden. I haven't been a fan of this XP system since it's been implemented.
Ya I like the idea of the old progression system; It just needed to be tuned a little bit. This xp system seems so generic. Thats one thing that is different about the madden of today: the feeling of generics!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #84
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Darn, no mention of score ticker or in game breaks. Looks like more and more that, that presentation feature that's still under wraps will be the Super Bowl celebration. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but was hoping for deeper CFM presentstion.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:10 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd like to see a change in scouting. My one problem is that they don't give you combine results like they used to. I have to scout a guy to see his speed instead being able to look at his 40. I just think it's based to much on you. It's not like you're the only one scouting so you should be able to know how most players play with about 10-15 over under. Scouting should take less time and be more specific per player but just because you focus on 5-10 guys doesn't mean you can't no **** about anyone else. Maybe an automated scouter where you can say what type of players you're looking for.

Other than that I liked the franchise mode except for some minor things. It'd be nice to see some fun things added in just cause why not? 2k always had cool stuff like playing the senior bowl, draft cutscenes, broadcast reports, and I wish training camp was still playable.

Daring to Dream - The Dash Davis Story

Last edited by footbrawl; 07-29-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #86
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by footbrawl
I'd like to see a change in scouting. My one problem is that they don't give you combine results like they used to. I have to scout a guy to see his speed instead being able to look at his 40. I just think it's based to much on you. It's not like you're the only one scouting so you should be able to know how most players play with about 10-15 over under. Scouting should take less time and be more specific per player but just because you focus on 5-10 guys doesn't mean you can't no **** about anyone else. Maybe an automated scouter where you can say what type of players you're looking for.

Other than that I liked the franchise mode except for some minor things. It'd be nice to see some fun things added in just cause why not? 2k always had cool stuff like playing the senior bowl, draft cutscenes, broadcast reports, and I wish training camp was still playable.

This has been by far my biggest problem with CFM. I can't even begin to understand why they decided to not give us info even casual fans have access to. All measurable's should be available for every player going into the draft.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #87
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I'm sorry, but I can't be excited for Franchise news. There's ONE thing that Madden needs to do before it can be considered a good franchise mode. Its one thing that encompasses real life football.

Unpredictability

The NFL, and sports and general are exciting because you NEVER know what is going to happen. People thought the Broncos would win this past years SuperBowl, but they got blown out by a defense-first team. You have Huge draft busts, and huge draft sleepers that are the true make-up on the NFL off-season. You have QB battles in Pre-Season and Training Camp that have spectators clamoring until "their guy" wins or loses the starting job. You have players like Michael Vick who have been injury plagued and teams have to account for that risk. You have personalities on teams that mesh and don't mesh with others. Off-the-field problems. etc.

How can we manufacture unpredictability?

MAKE RATINGS MATTER!

The Personality Trait, Confidence Trait, and all other attributes should mean something, wouldn't ya think?

I want to know that when Peyton Manning goes down, even if its for a Quarter, that I have to change my entire gameplan, I have to find a way to manage this game, to eek out a win, or to at least keep my team in it for a while.

I want to feel that I have a liability on the field if I actually do. If there's a CB or Safety that is terrible at coverage, but super-fast, I want to know that I can target him with my WR, or have help over top if I have the said CB.

If ratings mattered, you could specifically target your team's weak-spots through game play, not just the ratings that you see on the screen. I want to FEEL that I need to address certain positions in the Draft in Free Agency. If ratings mattered, it would vastly improve the entire experience of the Madden Connected Franchise mode. More so than perfect commentary, perfect graphics, weekly prep, or even a highly desired half-time show.

Until this happens, CFM cannot function as a SIM Mode.

Imagine you draft a guy with 5 confidence, but 1 personality, and he doesn't mesh with his teammates, he'd have to get into a certain system to reach his maximum potential, where everyone is one his side, or a cast around him that is similar.

Imagine, you have ratings that are accurately transferred from the visual number, to the physical on the field. A rating system that is simple percentages. They are over-complicating the process, and a lot of ratings are over shadowed.

Here's my Theory:

Make all ratings a percentage between 1-99, if you have a QB with 95 Throw Power, make him be able to thrown 95% of the possible throwing length (wether it me 80 yards, 70, 65 yards etc.) Whatever the MAX Throwing Distance is, he should be able to the said percentage. Colt McCoy, at a 40% throwing power can only cover 40% of that field length, anything beyond should be short, or off-target.

As for most attributes it'd be an if-then scenario of basic math. A WR with 37 Catch should drop almost 60% of his targets, this would be someone very low on the depth chart, if even on the team.

If there I have a top flight CB with 98 Man Coverage, it should mean that in 98% of his snaps, he will be tight with his man, this percentage could be per season or per game.

If I have a RB with 60 CAR and 80 TRK, every game he should have a 40% chance at fumbling the ball, while having an 80% chance to brute his way through a defender.

If the ratings tied, it would literally just be a 50-50 toss up, hopefully based on position, momentum, and clear physics. If I have AP and Luke Keuchly one on one in open field, positioning, momentum would be the only factor at that point (If the Breaking Tackles and Tackling rating were even)

As for OVERALL, it would still be a percentage. Being an 80 overall, would mean that you are in the top 1/5 of the league. If you are a 50 OVR you are probably a tweener just struggling to have a spot as a backup, or worse. If you are 25-30% or lower you are fighting for your spot through Practice, Special Teams, and barely making the team year to year. Some teams probably have 50s and 60s on their teams as starters, due to lack of talent. For example, the Browns' running backs and QBs last year, all were probably backups on most other teams, therefore the team would take heavily consider signing an improvement at each position sometime in the off-season (As they did).

This would clearly separate Cam Newton and Matt Cassell. Patrick Willis and Stewart Bradley. Vince Wilfork and Mike Patterson. Calvin Johnson and James Hardy. We don't even have to be that drastic, what if we were splitting hairs between someone like Darren McFadden and MJD, or Matt Stafford and Matt Ryan. Maybe its Patrick Peterson and Vontae Davis you're comparing, they'd both be good, but certain ratings would probably separate them entirely. If you find that you prefer a stronger QB, and Stafford has the strength, but Ryan has more accuracy, would it tip your scales to lean towards someone a bit stronger?

The confidence rating will make or break a player, if you draft a player that has a 1 confidence, maybe he will progress slower, he won't get off the edge as fast, or break on a ball quickly, maybe he will alligator arm a pass, or go down easier as a ball carrier.

The Personality rating will matter as well, if you have a big personality guy, that doesn't back it up, maybe his overall goes down, or teams don't look to obtain him because of his character issue. Or If there is someone that has high personality, and high skill, that make owners clamor to sign him, to sell jerseys, and boost the entire team's confidence by having such a statement player on their team.

With the new rating system, injuries are more devastating, off-season is more strategical, and important, and game play is that much better, finding mis-matches and knowing your team's strengths and or, liabilities.

Lastly, hide all player ratings. Go off of college stats, in detail, combines, pro-days, and rely on your scouts to tell you specific info/player comparisons. This would widely change the hit or miss unpredictability of the draft, and you'll have to go on pure GUT feeling with a lot of guys. If there's a WR that ran a 4.40, at 6'3 220 but led CFB in drops and fumbles, maybe he's not the guy to draft, or he's a project player for the later rounds. Something like that would be quite entertaining, wouldn't it?

Until something of this nature is produced, Franchise mode will continue to be stale. The Owner Mode, the Highlight shows, the non-gameplay features will be all for not, without proper ratings.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 07-29-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #88
Pro

OVR: 1

I really liked the idea of the XP system but if there aren't significant improvements this year I would prefer them to go back to the auto progress system. Practicing in M25 was cheating if there were CPU teams in the CFM. And then if you didn't practice your backups wouldn't progress.

If it doesn't work this year they should use a system similar to The Show and then incorporate the drills/practice in the offseason.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »