Home

Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
The draft stories only add a slight background, but have nothing to do with player stats and the relation on the field. I'm saying, sometimes in the NFL there will be guys that coaches take to be a project, and use their measurables and try to improve their technique and coach them up. The point is, we know, by scouting points, exactly what a player is and isn't before he's drafted, which no team KNOWS that, they just give it their best shot based on tape, scouting reports, and scouting combine.

You're right, there is no WR in the league that drops 60% of his passes, thats why he's not in the league. The point is that, if there is a guy with good speed and height, but terrible catching, its should oust him from the league, and he shouldn't be worthy of being in the game, or he's a CB not a WR lol. However, wouldn't it really seperate guys that are a 95 catch, and a guy that is a 75-80 catch? You're talking about 15% more drops throughout a season or career, which could be a lot, and important catches. The point isn't that there are people who drop that many balls, its seperates Stars, from Good players, from solid guys, from average, from tweeners, from bench players, from free agents, from out of the league guys. . . In Madden there is 90-99 who are Great, 80-89 are above average to great, 70-79 are average, and everyone else is serviceable.

In Madden, all ratings do NOT matter. That's why they are implementing a QB accuracy algorithm that makes inaccurate QBs have a few bad passes lol. That's why Josh Johnson and Terrell Pryor could be used regularly. There are a fair amount of ratings that do matter, Speed, Throw Power, are pretty much it. In M25 you could truck with anyone, thats why they are trying to fix that too lol. I can be Lamar Miller or Reggie Bush (non-truckers) and use the stick, and the defender would just fall over lol. That ratings doesn't matter.

There are a couple dozen ratings, and we can name 2 or 3 that actually impact the game. OL/DL didn't matter, WR/CB didn't matter (outside of speed) Its a shame, really.

There is a video on Youtube, the Patriots Kicker, throwing a ball backwards, perfectly accurate for steven ridley for about 7 yards, over a LB in tight coverage. There's another where Nate Soldier lines up at WR, and burns a CB on an out slant route. There are plenty of videos online, and try it yourself, see how all the ratings actually stack up. Make a 6'2 WR with 99 everything, except Man Coverage, Zone Coverage, Tackle and tell me if he every succeeds. The same with a WR, with 20 catching, same with a RB, without the truck, elsuive, or carry.
I thought you wanted it realistic. Having WR's drop more passes to show differentiation in the game when it doesn't work like that in real life doesn't make sense. The guys with the highest drop percentage are around 20%, however, those guys only had 10 targets or so, which is not a large enough sample size to say those guys would drop 20 passes if they had 100 targets. Of guys who had enough targets last season, there is about a 5% range that they fall in between, and who knows what kind of throws caused these drops.

And you saying ratings don't matter, once again, wrong. You must be playing on rookie difficulty if you are trucking with ease with speed backs. And you saying speed is all that matters on defense, wrong once again. Timing is important in beating fast corners with subpar coverage skills, you have to throw the ball on the cut, as that is where the WR would have the advantage. If you wait too long, the corner is able to recover because he is faster than the WR, which is what can happen in real life too. QB accuracy was a bit off in Madden 25, it was a rating that mattered a little bit, (you can tell a difference when passing with someone like Manning)but it was still easy to pass with low accuracy guys, which is why those scramblers were effective. But EA said that was something they fixed.

OL/DL ratings, interior wise, they didn't have too big of an impact last year, I will agree there. However, with the new steering interactions, I feel like that could cause the ratings to matter now. The OT/DE ratings however, definitely did matter. Talented pass rushers like Wake dominated poor OT's, and great LT's like Joe Thomas dominated poor DE's.

Under rookie difficulty, ratings really didn't matter, as people playing on rookie difficulty just want to have fun with their favorite team. EA wanted to make it possible for a kid whose favorite team is the Jaguars to beat the Seahawks.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #98
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper417
Players like McCluster get cut because of cap room. Chiefs had almost none after the 1st season. I cut him on my roster too because of his injury rating & lack of depth at WR. He missed like 6-8 games every season. I needed a guy I could count on to play 16 games.
The Chiefs let him go in real life.

Kendall Hunter just tore his ACL in real life so it could be a similar situation. I don't remember his injury rating for M25. The 49ers also have a ton of depth at the RB position.

Roster depth & cap room all come into play when deciding who stays & who goes.

But I do agree that there were questionable drops in M25. I saw BJ Raji cut in preseason before ever playing a game. He was on the last year of his deal, but why would the CPU cut him before the season even started?
Okay perhaps McCluster was a bad example, but Hunter was always cut week 1 of the preseason, and Gore week one the next year. I'll agree the 49ers probably have the best depth at HB, but I doubt a player being injured or injury prone would effect the 49ers, look at Frank Gore's past. Not to mention they drafted Marcus Lattemore, who's injured both knees in consecutive years.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Old 07-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #99
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
We're not going to derail this thread with discussion of ratings, please.

Thanks.
No Problem. These small tidbits of this reveal could be a good step forward, depending on the actual impact it has on the franchise mode.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
And that ruined CFM for me. It was annoying as **** constantly adjusting schemes to get a players overall to go up. Just give me a static freaking overall so I know who is the better player.

Curious how this RUINED the game for you? If you put Darren Sproles in the same offense and use him the same way was you would adrian peterson hewould not be as good as he is with the Saints/ Eagles you put mike vick in the patriots system his rating would and should go down. i think it makes it a little more intresting and not eveyone is going for the same guys in the draft or in F.A. because they play different. thats just how i see it. Sorry it ruined CFM for you so easily.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Yeah, that's part of what I hate as well, users are basically playing a different game than the computer teams. That is what I fear with this skills trainer, is it is something the computer won't utilize so we will be able to pump our teams up faster and better than the computer.
Ive seen the same thing didnt like it but Lattimore gets way better for the Niner and i think Gore is a old back like 30 , 31 after a yr and the CPU docent want to pay an old back alot of money. Hoe ive always viewed it. Frank Gore is good but in this day all running backs are replaceable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 0
someone explain this to me why is it the when i started a seahawks cfm Geno atkins is 97 overall but when i started another CFM with colts(best team i used because the the rating for other players are pretty good) Geno was 68 lol what
Old 07-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #103
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_ZERO2777
someone explain this to me why is it the when i started a seahawks cfm Geno atkins is 97 overall but when i started another CFM with colts(best team i used because the the rating for other players are pretty good) Geno was 68 lol what

Explain this to me. What does this comment have to do with this thread?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #104
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub_ZERO2777
1: This has zero to do with this thread..
2: Overall is seen differently based on each teams scheme.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »