Home

Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #49
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: CFM info from gamestop

I miss the days of auto progression/regression in Madden. I haven't been a fan of this XP system since it's been implemented.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
That's a scheme related thing. The bengals probably have LE set as 4-3 speed rusher, if you switch your scheme/role thing it should be a higher OVR than 82
And that ruined CFM for me. It was annoying as **** constantly adjusting schemes to get a players overall to go up. Just give me a static freaking overall so I know who is the better player.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #51
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
And that ruined CFM for me. It was annoying as **** constantly adjusting schemes to get a players overall to go up. Just give me a static freaking overall so I know who is the better player.
Different players are better at different things though. The schemes helped to highlight that and work pretty well in that regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Different players are better at different things though. The schemes helped to highlight that and work pretty well in that regard.
To an extent, I agree. But do you really believe JJ Watt should go from a 99 in one scheme to an 82 in another? I think he'd dominate no matter where he is. I'd be okay with minor fluctuations, but sometimes I was able to affect a guys overall by close to 20 points by changing the scheme. Hell, I made Devin Hester a 90 overall by playing a speed wr scheme and he led the NFL in receiving yards, in every other scheme he was barely a 70. That shouldn't happen.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 1
I hope they add a draft Combinet or something when you create your player for CF Player. Or at least the option. Then EA could incorporate some mini games, bench press, etc to just add a little depth to the "making the team" portion of the game. Instead of just picking.

If people do not want to do that and just want to go to their Favorite team they should be allowed to as well. Make it a select able option like "Fantasy Draft"
Old 07-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2
So they are finally bringing back some training during franchise mode. Thank God. Those practice events were the worst in previous games especially if you were not a starter.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #55
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
What player is "better" depends on what skills you value in the position based on how you play Madden and what kind of team you want to build, which is what the scheme-specific OVR attempts to reflect. If you're playing a 4-3, you wouldn't want to sign Chris Canty (a veteran 3-4 defensive end) as your 4-3 pass rush right end, for example, and the scheme-specific OVR calculation change for the 4-3 Edge Rusher setting reflects that. If you are constantly changing the position-specific scheme setting, you are misunderstanding the intention of the feature.

The OVR rating has zero effect on football gameplay anyway, it only affects the CPU valuation of players for depth chart sorting and team-building purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
XP is here to stay I guess ��
CFM from top to bottom is designed around accruing and spending XP to progress. Any hopes that it be gutted out of the game are IMO entirely misplaced; EA would basically have to rip out CFM from the game and replace it with something else, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon by my estimation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
I hope they add a draft Combinet or something when you create your player for CF Player. Or at least the option. Then EA could incorporate some mini games, bench press, etc to just add a little depth to the "making the team" portion of the game. Instead of just picking.

If people do not want to do that and just want to go to their Favorite team they should be allowed to as well. Make it a select able option like "Fantasy Draft"
Yeah, just steal what the show has done. They do a 3 game showcase when you start your player career and then you can either choose to get drafted or just pick your team if you want to do that instead.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »