Home

Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

This is a discussion on Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Some Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise Details Have Been Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
CFM from top to bottom is designed around accruing and spending XP to progress. Any hopes that it be gutted out of the game are IMO entirely misplaced; EA would basically have to rip out CFM from the game and replace it with something else, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon by my estimation.
And that is very disappointing that XP is the only progression option.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
What player is "better" depends on what skills you value in the position based on how you play Madden and what kind of team you want to build, which is what the scheme-specific OVR attempts to reflect. If you're playing a 4-3, you wouldn't want to sign Chris Canty (a veteran 3-4 defensive end) as your 4-3 pass rush right end, for example, and the scheme-specific OVR calculation change for the 4-3 Edge Rusher setting reflects that. If you are constantly changing the position-specific scheme setting, you are misunderstanding the intention of the feature.

The OVR rating has zero effect on football gameplay anyway, it only affects the CPU valuation of players for depth chart sorting and team-building purposes.

CFM from top to bottom is designed around accruing and spending XP to progress. Any hopes that it be gutted out of the game are IMO entirely misplaced; EA would basically have to rip out CFM from the game and replace it with something else, and that isn't going to happen anytime soon by my estimation.
It didn't accurately reflect that in a lot of cases though. For example, Matt Forte was a one cut back, yet he was worse in a one cut scheme than in a balanced scheme. And there shouldn't be a 20 overall fluctuation due to a scheme change. I shouldn't be able to make Devin Hester a 90 overall who leads the league in receiving because of my scheme, no scheme in the NFL will make that guy a good receiver.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #59
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: CFM info from gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I miss the days of auto progression/regression in Madden. I haven't been a fan of this XP system since it's been implemented.
Same here. I miss where players would progress/regress every 4 weeks I believe it was.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #60
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: CFM info from gamestop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I'm hopeful that players will have ceilings so you can't just replace Tom Brady with Tom Brady every single year. After about 3 years or less with a QB you know if you have a bust on your hands. I'm not hoping for more busts but more variety with how players develop.
That would upset a lot of people (children) but i agree it would make things so much better. Some individual attribute caps that prevent someone from putting every single point of xp into 2-3 different attributes b/c they're the only ones that really matter

At least they're doing something new. I'd be surprised if it isn't broken in some way but hooray for effort

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #61
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
It didn't accurately reflect that in a lot of cases though. For example, Matt Forte was a one cut back, yet he was worse in a one cut scheme than in a balanced scheme. And there shouldn't be a 20 overall fluctuation due to a scheme change. I shouldn't be able to make Devin Hester a 90 overall who leads the league in receiving because of my scheme, no scheme in the NFL will make that guy a good receiver.
Your logic is backwards.

Devin Hester didn't lead your league in receiving because he was a 90 OVR WR with the Speed scheme setting. He led the league in receiving because you set your team to value Speed WRs, which resulted in you (or the AI) placing Devin Hester at the top of the depth chart because that scheme setting really values Hester's elite physical ratings (as reflected by his OVR rating being adjusted greatly upward). Thus he had a ton of opportunities to catch passes and clearly you as a play caller found ways to get him the ball if you led the league in receiving yardage with him.

The OVR rating simply doesn't affect the football gameplay, it only affects what players get placed onto the field based on the auto-reorder depth chart operation and players' contract demands. The scheme setting you pick doesn't affect the individual ratings which govern how Hester plays on the field - it doesn't change his catching, his route running, his awareness, and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
And on top of that, when you got to free agency it just showed the players "true overall" (I guess you could call it that) and their best scheme. But, I could routinely sign guys who were 70 overalls on the cheap, switch my scheme and they'd become 80+ overalls and they'd be super cheap and I'd have a super team really quickly. Basically, users played by a totally different set of rules than computer teams which totally borked cfm.

This new training stuff worries me in this regard as well, if the computer doesn't utilize it then I'll be pumping all my young guys up at twice the speed of the computer and be blowing everyone away. It'll be more stuff that I have to set house rules for, which is idiotic because it was much simpler when it was a simple dynasty and you acquired guys based on true overall and were on a level playing field with the computer.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:52 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Your logic is backwards.

Devin Hester didn't lead your league in receiving because he was a 90 OVR WR with the Speed scheme setting. He led the league in receiving because you set your team to value Speed WRs, which resulted in you (or the AI) placing Devin Hester at the top of the depth chart because that scheme setting really values Hester's elite physical ratings (as reflected by his OVR rating being adjusted greatly upward). Thus he had a ton of opportunities to catch passes and clearly you as a play caller found ways to get him the ball if you led the league in receiving yardage with him.

The OVR rating simply doesn't affect the football gameplay, it only affects what players get placed onto the field based on the auto-reorder depth chart operation and players' contract demands. The scheme setting you pick doesn't affect the individual ratings which govern how Hester plays on the field - it doesn't change his catching, his route running, his awareness, and so on.
Wrong. I tested this multiple times. I started a franchise and left my wr scheme at balanced, in depth chart this showed Marshall as my best receiver and Hester as my worst. I put Hester number one anyway to test this out. I simulated all 16 games and he finished with 700 yards and 3 td, Marshall outperformed him in every category.

Started a 2nd franchise and set the wr scheme to speed, Hester becomes a 90 overall. First on my depth chart. Simulated all 16 games and he had 1800 receiving yards and won receiver of the year.

It's really dumb that you have the ability to game the system like that by just changing the scheme of each position to make a guys overall rise so he does better when you simulate games.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #64
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Wrong. I tested this multiple times. I started a franchise and left my wr scheme at balanced, in depth chart this showed Marshall as my best receiver and Hester as my worst. I put Hester number one anyway to test this out. I simulated all 16 games and he finished with 700 yards and 3 td, Marshall outperformed him in every category.

Started a 2nd franchise and set the wr scheme to speed, Hester becomes a 90 overall. First on my depth chart. Simulated all 16 games and he had 1800 receiving yards and won receiver of the year.

It's really dumb that you have the ability to game the system like that by just changing the scheme of each position to make a guys overall rise so he does better when you simulate games.
If true, then that's an issue with Madden's simulation algorithm being too simple and not properly considering all the available ratings, which I was not addressing at all. It doesn't dispute anything I previously mentioned about the OVR having no bearing on football gameplay, i.e. you taking the field and personally throwing passes to Hester.

It's my opinion that Madden has always been built as a video game to be played, not simulated.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »