Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now For PS4 Digital Pre-Order, Play on Aug. 26 at 12:01AM EST

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now For PS4 Digital Pre-Order, Play on Aug. 26 at 12:01AM EST within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And the game with the best Metacritic score of all of these is FIFA 14.

Disc footprint doesn't correlate to the quality of a game. A game's quality isn't defined by how much "stuff" it has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
This is really the basis for the argument?
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
FBall Life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #26
MVP
 
mestevo's Arena
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 18,991
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
Effort? Really? Quality or reviews don't matter? Quite the corner you've painted yourself into.
mestevo is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #27
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,623
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
Tiburon could easily fill the remaining free disc space of the 50GB Blu-Ray with NFL Films footage. The game would have a larger disc footprint than any game you listed then. Would this really be emblematic of more effort? I would say "absolutely not". By your argument however, it is. It's a nonsensical position.

More disc space filled is not emblematic of effort or quality.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #28
All Star
 
SmashMan's Arena
 
OVR: 14
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The argument isn't about quality. It's about effort.
Nope, you pretty clearly framed the argument as install size above all else.

And we're on the verge of derailing the thread early on, so I'm going to back out of this one now.
SmashMan is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:58 PM   #29
Banned
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,574
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nope, you pretty clearly framed the argument as install size above all else.

And we're on the verge of derailing the thread early on, so I'm going to back out of this one now.
Good call man, because this wasn't even a thread to start an argument with. If it gets closed because people wanna be dumb, I'm gonna be pissed. lol.
A_Quiet_Pro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #30
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Effort? Really? Quality or reviews don't matter? Quite the corner you've painted yourself into.
Corner? Huh? The argument I was making was that EA doesn't put as much effort into their games, as evidenced when you compare disc space against other sports games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Tiburon could easily fill the remaining free disc space of the 50GB Blu-Ray with NFL Films footage. The game would have a larger disc footprint than any game you listed then. Would this really be emblematic of more effort? I would say "absolutely not". By your argument however, it is. It's a nonsensical position.

More disc space filled is not emblematic of effort or quality.
Your point doesn't work here. NBA 2K14 and MLB The Show 14 aren't filled to the brim with video content. They're full of tons of animations, great commentary, textures, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nope, you pretty clearly framed the argument as install size above all else.

And we're on the verge of derailing the thread early on, so I'm going to back out of this one now.
You're right, that is the crux of my point. They could have used all that extra space just sitting there and they didn't. More textures? More commentary recordings? More alternate jerseys? More crowd models? More...anything? Nah, we're good.

Other sports games utilized a lot more of that space at their disposal. Only the EA Sports games sit at under 20GBs.
FBall Life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 06:43 PM   #31
Underdog
 
CM Hooe's Arena
 
OVR: 45
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Culver City, CA
Posts: 19,623
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Your point doesn't work here. NBA 2K14 and MLB The Show 14 aren't filled to the brim with video content. They're full of tons of animations, great commentary, textures, etc.
And the smaller game, FIFA, still was seen better critically than either NBA 2K or The Show.

What we're left with is one of two things: either making great video games does not require great effort from the developer (because FIFA reviewed great and was a smaller game) or the size of a game doesn't have any bearing to the effort put into it and the quality of the final product. Drawing from my first hand experience working at an independent video game studio and making video games in clubs and on my own for the past decade or so, along with the fact that great games developed years which fit on megabyte cartridges are still great today by virtue of great game mechanics, I can tell you that the first of those two assertions is absolutely false.
__________________
Christopher Hooe
CM Hooe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 07:08 PM   #32
Banned
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 2,574
Re: Madden NFL 15 now available for digital pre-order on PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And the smaller game, FIFA, still was seen better critically than either NBA 2K or The Show.

What we're left with is one of two things: either making great video games does not require great effort from the developer (because FIFA reviewed great and was a smaller game) or the size of a game doesn't have any bearing to the effort put into it and the quality of the final product. Drawing from my first hand experience working at an independent video game studio and making video games in clubs and on my own for the past decade or so, along with the fact that great games developed years which fit on megabyte cartridges are still great today by virtue of great game mechanics, I can tell you that the first of those two assertions is absolutely false.
The size of the game doesn't matter. It's how it plays.
A_Quiet_Pro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Top -