Home

EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

This is a discussion on EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #193
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I understand what you're saying and I would think this would be the case, but until someone from EA, or a user who plays it, confirms the exact terms of use for each game, then I will continue to not be upset that Sony didn't sign on for EA Access.
It is about a choice not about Sony looking our for customers. Please

They did not agree to this because it clashes with their streaming service.

Let the customer make a decision...Am sure if Sony got EA Access they will sell tons of accounts
Old 07-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #194
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
I'm not sure you understand the PSNow angle. Sony is saying no to EA because EA is now competing against Sony. EA can easily put their games on PSNow as the publisher. Remember, all the publishers are putting up their games up with the prices determined by them. If EA wants Sony users, all they have to do is put it up on PSNow for the gamers to rent/buy. Are there any EA games up on PSNow during the demo?

Sorry but there's more to this than you think. EA is in it for something. It hasn't revealed itself yet but it soon will. EA from the beginning was one of strongest voices for DRM. This different strategic plan to move more gamers to digital content and DLC smells like fish to me. There's a reason why EA is repeatedly voted as one of the worst run companies year after year. I don't trust them.
Why would EA want their games to be on PS Now streaming service in lower quality then actual download.

EA is just doing what they did for 2-3 years before then with season ticket except now you get to enjoy some older games but most are in it to get early access to future games.

Sony knows that if EA gets the PS fans with the yearly $29.99 they will be more incline to not bother with PS Now
Old 07-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #195
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
It is about a choice not about Sony looking our for customers. Please

They did not agree to this because it clashes with their streaming service.

Let the customer make a decision...Am sure if Sony got EA Access they will sell tons of accounts
why are you responding to me?

My post was in discussion with someone in regards to the timed trials for early release and had nothing to do with what you're talking about.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #196
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
dosen't xbox have the cards u can buy? like psn has cards u can buy that way u don't have to use your CC?
Yes, but it looks like you can't buy the $4.99 monthly sub with funds from your XBL account. They want to bill your CC directly.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 07-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #197
Rookie

GamerDad4's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I understand what you're saying and I would think this would be the case, but until someone from EA, or a user who plays it, confirms the exact terms of use for each game, then I will continue to not be upset that Sony didn't sign on for EA Access.
That's cool if you don't want EA Access. I just think that Sony is making a mistake by making the decision for it's customers if EA Access is a good value or not. As you can see from this thread, there are people who want it on PS4 and there are people who don't. Sony, let your customers decide what they want or don't want. To me, this is just bad business

I personally have both a PS4 and XB1, so I don't favor one or the other. It would have been nice if it was available on both systems. I would have gladly paid $60 to have it on both systems. Then I could try a game like Madden on both systems and see which version I would spend my hard earned money on

Last edited by GamerDad4; 07-30-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #198
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad4
That's cool if you don't want EA Access. I just think that Sony is making a mistake by making the decision for it's customers if EA Access is a good value or not. As you can see from this thread, there are people who want it on PS4 and people who don't. Let your customer decide what they want or don't want. To me, this just bad business
its not that I don't want EA Access, its that I don't care to have it if the early release of games(sports games I'm talking about) are strictly on a timed trial/limited time access. If they allow you to play the full game without interruption, then I would be more inclined to buy if it was offered and would be upset that it wasn't offered by Sony.

I understand that people want it and that's cool, but for me personally, at this point it really doesn't bother me that its not being offered. Sony's business decision is for them to decide, not me. I may not agree, but they have their reasons and whether I agree with it or not, I do at least respect their decision.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #199
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Why would EA want their games to be on PS Now streaming service in lower quality then actual download.

EA is just doing what they did for 2-3 years before then with season ticket except now you get to enjoy some older games but most are in it to get early access to future games.

Sony knows that if EA gets the PS fans with the yearly $29.99 they will be more incline to not bother with PS Now
Why? Because then they can get the PS4 clients. That's why they would put it in PSNow. Sony is not going to tell their customers go to EA to get the game. They're trying to promote PSNow. As a publisher, they can put their games up in PSNow. Again, they can rent or buy it.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #200
MVP

OVR: 30
Ahh. The quote from Sony is interesting. Will see how this plays out over time...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »