Home

EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

This is a discussion on EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #505
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
wonder if we can download M15 on Thursday at 12:01AM
My guess it's going to be either that or Wednesday at 6pm EST.

Also, I wonder how the process of downloading the early release is going to work. It was easy to do last year and I've yet to see a menu where we are supposed to go once it's time.

Last edited by IUxHOOSIERS; 08-17-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2014, 09:19 PM   #506
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: EA Access for Xbox One: Play EA Games Up to Five Days Before the Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
My guess it's going to be either that or Wednesday at 6pm EST.

Also, I wonder how the process of downloading the early release is going to work. It was easy to do last year and I've yet to see a menu where we are supposed to go once it's time.
I'm gonna say Wed @ 1pm
Old 08-17-2014, 09:50 PM   #507
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok so it will be the complete game, and you dont have to reinstall it when you get your copy. No one knows if there is a time limit on it for the first 5 days? And say I pay $5 to get it early and go to get a copy Tuesday. When my month is over am i going to have to reinstall the game? Will i lose all of my saves, stats, and achievements?
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #508
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Ok so it will be the complete game, and you dont have to reinstall it when you get your copy. No one knows if there is a time limit on it for the first 5 days? And say I pay $5 to get it early and go to get a copy Tuesday. When my month is over am i going to have to reinstall the game? Will i lose all of my saves, stats, and achievements?
All your saves and stats will be there, you will not lose them.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #509
Rookie

kiing 360's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Ok so it will be the complete game, and you dont have to reinstall it when you get your copy. No one knows if there is a time limit on it for the first 5 days? And say I pay $5 to get it early and go to get a copy Tuesday. When my month is over am i going to have to re-install the game? Will i lose all of my saves, stats, and achievements?
No, once the 5 day trial has expired you will not loose any data, achievements or save game progress. Once you get the retail version all data will be transferred over.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:18 AM   #510
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
I could be wrong so do not hold me to this but if there isn't a reason for you to get a physical copy, you could download the digital version of Madden through the store and get the 10% discount that comes along with EA Access which would essentially make up the cost of the first month (and a little more) and you would not have to worry about it.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:32 AM   #511
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I could be wrong so do not hold me to this but if there isn't a reason for you to get a physical copy, you could download the digital version of Madden through the store and get the 10% discount that comes along with EA Access which would essentially make up the cost of the first month (and a little more) and you would not have to worry about it.
This is correct. You get ~$7 off depending on state taxes and only pay $5. EA gets you to buy a digital copy you can't trade in or sell to someone else losing them a sale. Win/win sort of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 02:50 AM   #512
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Again, if the 3 day Early Release last year came out on Friday, then I think it's safe to assume that the 5 day release this year will be out by Wednesday.
I hope you're right. That makes a lot of sense. It seems EA considered Friday as the download / install day, with Sat, Sun, Mon being the actual 3 days in advance. That way the customer can get a FULL 3 days of access, not 2.5 days after download.

The concern is that EA doesn't need to do that model anymore since the new consoles have better support for pre-loading. Maybe Madden will pre-load on Wednesday and be available to play Thursday at 12:01 AM EST.
Fantasy football fans... Dominate your Draft with the #1 selling fantasy football app, Fantasy Football Cheat Sheet 2017 for iOS & Android.

Get it for iPhone / iPad!

Get it for Android!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »