Home

Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

This is a discussion on Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Pro
 
BreakingBad2013's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

Lets look and see who would be the best teams in certain categories and why. I'm getting giddy about Madden dropping, even though I'm not their biggest fan, I love football!

Best Team in the Game: Denver Broncos; clearly the offense, but you add D.Ware, TJ Ward, and Aqib Talib to improve their defense. Running game might be a bit soft, but serviceable depending on your playing style

Most Improved Team in the Game: Cleveland Browns; They added Justin Gilbert and Johnny Football in the game, Gilbert, Haden, and Whitner will be a solid DB tandem to limit big plays. Their front 7 was already pretty solid, but their offense was the HUGE problem in North East Ohio. Johnny Football isn't the biggest asset here, it's actually Ben Tate. THey actually have a RB that can do some damage, they also added Miles Austin and have Pro-Bowl Pass Catching TE Jordan Cameron. Easily makes the browns, one of the most improved teams in Madden, ahead of a close second Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Most Diminished Team: Dallas Cowboys; A team that already struggled lost their franchise player Damarcus Ware, and added almost nothing to boast their defense. A close second, would be the Carolina Panthers, who have only one good WR, and lost their best defensive back in Mike Mitchell to the Steelers. Although, still a good team, but not much improvement out there.

Best Defensive Team: New England Patriots; The Patriots will have the best team in this year's game on D. They have two Man-Press Corners in Revis and Browner, and Alfonzo Dennard is nothing to from upon. They will have 3 starting caliber CBs, to lock down anytime they are in Nickel. Add that secondary with a front 7 that includes Vince Wilfork, Chandler Jones, Jerod Mayo, Jamie Collins, and Donte Hightower. And don't forget the role players in James Anderson, Will Smith, and Michael Buchannon, all capable pass rushers to rotate in. Unfortunately their safeties aren't that good, however, they are serviceable, and with the other 9 guys suiting up, you'd be fine.

Best Offensive Team: TIE Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccs, and Detroit Lions; If Teddy Bridgewater or Christian Pnder float your boat, this is the best offense to use in Madden. Adrian Peterson, enough said there, however, they have good weapons at WR and tight end, as well as a solid O Line. Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, Jerome Simpson, and Kyle Rudolph will give you enough versatility and targets to supplement the brute punishment of AP.

Broncos would be close, but their RB position is hardly mention-able. Again, Buccaneers. A combo of 6'5 WRs in Mike Evans and Vincent Jackson, and 6'5 TE in Austin Sefarian-Jenkins, and the Muscle Hamster would give improved vet Josh McCown plenty of fire-power to make this team devastating on O.

The Lions of course have to be said with the best Calvin Johnson, however Stafford has more targets now, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron, and Reggie Bush should make this the most pass-happy team in Madden history. Maybe more so than the Broncos, mostly because of Calvin Johnson.

Youngest Team: Saint Louis Rams; The Rams added plenty of talent this season, mostly thanks to the Washington Redskins. They added Greg Robinson and Tre Mason to sure up their rushing attack. They have Tavon Austin and Chris Givens, but they also added Kenny Britt for some help. Don't forget about the sleeper, Jared Cook, a fast big TE. Their front 4 could be the best in the league. Already good, they added Aaron Donald from Pitt, who could be the most versatile DT in the game, since IDK, Warren Sapp?

Sleeper team: Tampa Bay Buccs, they will have a good defense and good offense, very balanced team. Depending on their front 7 ratings, they may be one of the most used teams online next season.

Team I'm most Excited for: As an Eagles fan I'll say the Eagles. As a non-biased fan Buffalo Bills; Sammy Watkins is going to be a monster, both on the game, and in real life. He will add a much needed speed factor to that offense, as well as physical toughness and demand high attention. You combine him with their two headed monster, and EJ Manuel, and its on. Their defense is pretty good, not quite amazing, but they can get the job done. Sammy Watkins will be on the Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones level when it comes to your Fantasy Draft CFM.

What do you guys think, who are your picks, what other categories would you put certain teams in?

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 07-29-2014 at 08:03 PM.
BreakingBad2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Banned
 
TheSaints7's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

Sorry but I disagree. Seattle will have the best D in the game, we have already seen how much EA have game them credit this year. 49ers have the two best MLB in the game.

I struggle to take your best offensive team seriously. Vikings, lions and bucks over the Broncos, Saints, Patriots and Green Bay? How on earth did you come up with those?

Last edited by TheSaints7; 07-30-2014 at 05:51 PM.
TheSaints7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
MVP
 
Madwolf's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Louisville, KY
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

As a Panthers fan I don't find losing Steve Smith to be that big of a deal in Madden. He no longer had elite speed, and he was sometimes difficult to get the ball to given his size.

Who else did they lose at WR that actually matters? Rhetorical question, they didn't. If Ginn had been more reliable I would definitely mention him, but he dropped the ball a ton.

I'm not saying the new group of WRs is better than 2013 with Steve Smith. I'm saying the rest of the guys are clearly better this year. Smith won't be replaced, but Benjamin will certainly add a dynamic to the Panthers WR core.

Losing both safeties really does hurt, no argument there.
Madwolf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
Pro
 
BreakingBad2013's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Sorry but I disagree. Seattle will have the best D in the game, we have already seen how much EA have game them credit this year. 49ers have the two bet MLB in the game.

I struggle to take your best offensive team seriously. Vikings, lions and bucks over the Broncos, Saints, Patriots and Green Bay? How on earth did you cone up with those?
Broncos, Saints, Patriots (Without Blount) all have mediocre running games. Yes they have a strong passing attack, but when it comes to versatility and balance, they're not quite AS solid as Vikings, Lions, and Buccs. Yes, the QBs in REAL LIFE make these teams smashing, however, in Madden, you'll probably need to run a bit more depending on how advanced their new defensive AI is.

I like San Fran their Linebackers are monstrous, however, their CBs Tramine Brock and Chris Culliver, will NOT be lock-down, and their safeties in Eric Reid and Antoine Bethea are so-so. As to where the Patriots have two lock down CBs, they have a top 5 ILB, and Donte Hightower has the ratings and skills to do very well in Madden. Along with Vince Wilfork, and the plethora of pass-rushers on the edge, the Patriots will have a very, very good defense this season. If you wanted to you could probably get away with playing Alfonzo Dennard at safety, along with Devin McCourty, with Revis and Browner on the edges pressing, this defense will be in the best in Madden.

The Seahawks did nothing to IMPROVE their defense after last season. They lost Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond III, Clinton McDonald, Chris Clemons, Red Bryant, I'm not over-looking that secondary, or even a couple of the Linebackers, however I think the side opposite Sherman will be weak, and their DL after their starters will be thin. I actually, like the Seahawks this year, but just defensively, the Patriots are going to be amazing.
BreakingBad2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Feb 2013
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
Broncos, Saints, Patriots (Without Blount) all have mediocre running games. Yes they have a strong passing attack, but when it comes to versatility and balance, they're not quite AS solid as Vikings, Lions, and Buccs. Yes, the QBs in REAL LIFE make these teams smashing, however, in Madden, you'll probably need to run a bit more depending on how advanced their new defensive AI is.

I like San Fran their Linebackers are monstrous, however, their CBs Tramine Brock and Chris Culliver, will NOT be lock-down, and their safeties in Eric Reid and Antoine Bethea are so-so. As to where the Patriots have two lock down CBs, they have a top 5 ILB, and Donte Hightower has the ratings and skills to do very well in Madden. Along with Vince Wilfork, and the plethora of pass-rushers on the edge, the Patriots will have a very, very good defense this season. If you wanted to you could probably get away with playing Alfonzo Dennard at safety, along with Devin McCourty, with Revis and Browner on the edges pressing, this defense will be in the best in Madden.

The Seahawks did nothing to IMPROVE their defense after last season. They lost Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond III, Clinton McDonald, Chris Clemons, Red Bryant, I'm not over-looking that secondary, or even a couple of the Linebackers, however I think the side opposite Sherman will be weak, and their DL after their starters will be thin. I actually, like the Seahawks this year, but just defensively, the Patriots are going to be amazing.
But the QBs on the Patriots, Saints, and Broncos offset the RBs on their team (who are still decent). The bucs offense is not going to be anything great. They don't have a very good QB, and Martin won't be much better than Ridley after his year last year. The Vikings QB situation is too questionable to call them the best offense in the game.
michiganfan8620 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
Rookie
 
Velvet_Hoop's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

I'm actually excited to play with my Steelers this year. I barely played with them last year but the fact that defense will (hopefully) mean more this year will be big because we've upgraded our defense from last year. Also, being able to develop backups will mean a lot. In cfm, I should be able to develop a backup qb to replace Roethlisberger as he starts to get older.
Velvet_Hoop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
Pro
 
BreakingBad2013's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
As a Panthers fan I don't find losing Steve Smith to be that big of a deal in Madden. He no longer had elite speed, and he was sometimes difficult to get the ball to given his size.

Who else did they lose at WR that actually matters? Rhetorical question, they didn't. If Ginn had been more reliable I would definitely mention him, but he dropped the ball a ton.

I'm not saying the new group of WRs is better than 2013 with Steve Smith. I'm saying the rest of the guys are clearly better this year. Smith won't be replaced, but Benjamin will certainly add a dynamic to the Panthers WR core.

Losing both safeties really does hurt, no argument there.
Well your starting WRs last season included David Gettis, Tedd Ginn, and Steve Smith (I believe). None of them are returning, Cotchery and Avant are both slot WRs that have trouble stretching the field. As for your boy Benjamin, I just don't think he translates well to the NFL game. He will have trouble getting separation, his route running is sub-par, and his speed will be that of Avant/Cotchery. So again, no one to really get loose on the outside, his size may have people salivating, however Limas Sweed, James Hardy, Ifeanyi Momah (Eagles 6'7 4.4 40.) are all big targets, and also haven't planned out in the NFL or in Madden. Benjamin also needs to work on his hands, as he dropped about 10% of all of his passes last season. That means, hitting them in his hands on a catchable ball. So if Madden paid attention to these things, he'd be so-so, however he probably got some love, but still, no speed in that set of WRs. Where at least Steve Smith, Teddy Ginn, and I think Gettis all were at or above 90 if I'm not mistaken.

Also while losing their safeties, I'm not to studied up on Mevlin White (2013 UFDA probably sub-90 speed in Madden) and and Antoine Cason who was sought after in San Diego, but injuries started and he's been moved around a few times in recent years. So I'm guessing IN MADDEN, this secondary may be one of the worst in the game.

This is only IN MADDEN 15 I'm not saying in Real Life
BreakingBad2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
Pro
 
BreakingBad2013's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Your Opinion: Madden 15 teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet_Hoop
I'm actually excited to play with my Steelers this year. I barely played with them last year but the fact that defense will (hopefully) mean more this year will be big because we've upgraded our defense from last year. Also, being able to develop backups will mean a lot. In cfm, I should be able to develop a backup qb to replace Roethlisberger as he starts to get older.
They added a lot of speed this off-season, maybe you can split Dri Archer out to WR here and there and expose some LBs or slot CBs. Shazier has to be the fastest LB in the game, even more so than Bruce Irving. As a CFM lover, and a guy that looks to obtain youth, the Steelers still scare me with their OL, defensive backs, and of course QB.
BreakingBad2013 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 PM.

Top -