Home

Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

This is a discussion on Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

So will we finally see penalties play a part in the game? Yes we see holding, face mask, false start, and the very rare offsides, but what about the rest? mainly pass interference. Plus would love for sliders to actually be functional this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
So will we finally see penalties play a part in the game? Yes we see holding, face mask, false start, and the very rare offsides, but what about the rest? mainly pass interference. Plus would love for sliders to actually be functional this year.
My guess would be no since they didn't even mention it. I remember, in an interview last year, for last gen Madden, Rex said it wouldn't be addressed for Madden 25, but it was a possibility for Madden 15, and if not M15 it would be in M16.

In EA speak that means Madden 16, and even then it wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't addressed in Madden 16. Keep in mind that this was all concerning last gen.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I've actually seen DPI and OPI called in 25 dosen't happen every game but its happen more in 25 then in previous versions maybe its how I have my sliders set.

I've even seen illegal touch called as we'll and again this is first madden I've saw that called in and its not even on the list.

I believe they said they added some into madden this yr so be curious see if they work on normal settings or if we have to adjust those ones as we'll.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #4

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

No, I tweeted Clint Oldenburg about it and he said it received little focus this year as well as the challenge system.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
No, I tweeted Clint Oldenburg about it and he said it received little focus this year as well as the challenge system.
Well... This leaves me a bit annoyed...

To say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I can live without the penalties if they make a good game. Although they would be nice to have.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:08 PM   #7
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm OK with using sliders to create penalties as long as the sliders work. And based on how much sliders/penalties effected gameplay last year they had to change something because if they changed the gameplay they changed the sliders/penalties. They are all linked together. I doubt they would advertise fixing the sliders as a back of the box feature. 90% of people who buy Madden have no idea how broken they even are I'm sure.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:15 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Seems like last year was the running game and offensive line, this year is defensive line, tackling and zone defense. Next year I'm willing to bet it's all about the passing game and man to man coverage. I'm okay with that. They have really been fleshing out the improvements and really focusing on that area of the game. Madden 16 should be the complete game we've been waiting for

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »