Home

Sony reveals THEY passed on EA's new Access service

This is a discussion on Sony reveals THEY passed on EA's new Access service within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Sony reveals THEY passed on EA's new Access service

Read story here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Sony reveals THEY passed on EA's new Access service

I created a new thread for this thinking it may derail the Xbox thread, but since it isn't (and Steve put this in the Xbox thread anyways), this can be closed now.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Interesting viewpoints from sony. But, ultimately, as a gamer, if u purchase the yearly subscription for $29.99, and then buy 5 digital games during that year at 10% off, it would actually pay for itself. So, $30 isn't that expensive at all IMO. For me, personally, yearly purchases for me from ea are ALWAYS madden (even though it always disappoints) and FIFA (which is almost always solid). So, I'll pay $30 for the early access and purchase the titles for $60 and get $12 back making my overall cost for early access $18. I'm ok with that, and maybe I'll like nhl or something and maybe there will be a game in the vault that I suddenly choose to play. So, IMO, this really isn't that bad of a deal.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Maybe Sony will "Accidentally" unlock Madden digital download prematurely..
lol

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-30-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Maybe Sony will "Accidentally" unlock Madden digital download prematurely..
lol
It's gonna be a while, because even though the game's up for pre order, the download (the actual data) isn't. They're still working on it. So I say give it like 2 weeks before we even think the data's there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #6
Rookie

slappymancuso's Arena

I have to wonder if Sony is ready for preloading digital releases. They did digital preorders for Watch Dogs with the promise that it would unlock at midnight on release day only to relent later. I think that ended up becoming available mid-day the day of release for people who preordered via PSN.

Now the first preloadable title they're offering is Destiny which drops in early September. I think that rapid growth they're touting just got a little ahead of them. Hopefully they're ready for it by this time next year because I'd love to get my hands on Madden early!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappymancuso
I have to wonder if Sony is ready for preloading digital releases. They did digital preorders for Watch Dogs with the promise that it would unlock at midnight on release day only to relent later. I think that ended up becoming available mid-day the day of release for people who preordered via PSN.

Now the first preloadable title they're offering is Destiny which drops in early September. I think that rapid growth they're touting just got a little ahead of them. Hopefully they're ready for it by this time next year because I'd love to get my hands on Madden early!
Ok, people need to get their facts in order before dropping info. First off, Watch Dogs was fine, (as for my experience anyways) I pre ordered digital PSN, and it downloaded while I slept I got up at 830 and it was waiting for me. No delay. As for Destiny.... it is NOT the first available pre download title!!!! Madden WILL do it, and others coming out before Destiny will do it too (IF the devs code it in).
Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I have never been a fan of the season ticket, I just can't justify paying more money to play the same game a few days early. So this is really no big deal for me but I think Sony should have left it up to the consumer to make that choice. I have been a loyal PS+ customer since it was first introduced on the PS3 and can say that it has been of tremendous value with some of the games offered, hopefully that trend continues.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »