Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:56 PM   #185
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I Wonder if it's on Rookie. Also can you embed the hour long video?
They said it was All Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #186
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2
I'll be watching this several more times, but by the way this stream was put together, it's difficult to critique. I think there's general herky-jerkiness just because of the stream. I did see a DE release from his block as soon as the QB tried to get outside along with some ok tackling. Someone else mentioned that they think they took out QB styles and I don't think that guess is justified based on the video. My biggest concern each year is that they may take something OUT of Madden from previous version, which doesn't seem to be the case lately. I can appreciate those concerned about the black jerseys, but many of the teams colors change based on time of day and weather in the game. I liked the camera views all around and most player movement. It was also mentioned about soft coverage after D has been hyped so much, but they did run a section where the guy was constantly blitzing to appease Twitter requests. I like what I see, but like it or not, looks like we all have to play for the true test. The best thing to me so far is that we've seen more game play footage than we've ever had prior to release. Halftime show is welcome addition most have wanted for a long time, but it will be a constant in these forums to improve this in years to come.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #187
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by adh5199
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I think at a certain point, everyone has unrealistic expectations. It is after all, a video game. I think graphics wise, it looks amazing and I think the camera angles really add a lot to the whole package. You spend so much time complaining about the things wrong with it, that you forget to appreciate just how far madden has come. Does it still have a ways to go before it is perfect? Yes. I still say this madden is the furthest jump from one year to another that we have ever had. Madden is on the right track, we just have to let the developers work their magic.
Well EA is touting features like adaptive AI, realistic QB accuracy, improved defense, and in this stream a lot features aren't really shown off, if shown at all. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect to see advertised features. This gameplay isn't terrible but it looked a lot like M25. I was under the impression big changes were coming and "This Is The Year."

Call that unrealistic, but it's just my two cents.

The first stream was way better than this one. I'm not saying this game looks bad, I am saying the gameplay shown in this stream wasn't stellar. That's all

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #188
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I don't know what everyone is complaining about. I think at a certain point, everyone has unrealistic expectations. It is after all, a video game. I think graphics wise, it looks amazing and I think the camera angles really add a lot to the whole package. You spend so much time complaining about the things wrong with it, that you forget to appreciate just how far madden has come. Does it still have a ways to go before it is perfect? Yes. I still say this madden is the furthest jump from one year to another that we have ever had. Madden is on the right track, we just have to let the developers work their magic.
Optimism... I had that too...7 years of it.

Thank goodness for The Show
Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #189
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
LOL I love the "It's just a video game" guy. If it's just so simple why would they spend so much money on advertising and even bother with these streams. We all know it's a game but, it's also big business. They are the ones who keep making promises. I think most leaving "negative" comments are more disappointed about this compared to the first stream. I really liked how the gameplay looked then. I just can't understand what has changed.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:04 PM   #190
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Ehhh, just waiting on demo, not gonna over analyze a video till I can play the game *Herm Edwards voice
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #191
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
How can you tell? I've been playing Madden since it first came out and IMO Madden has really struggled to improve year after year at a rate that I think is acceptable. This is a team that only builds one game and has spun around in circles from a creative standpoint and from a gameplay standpoint the entire last gen cycle and so much so that I couldn't even play last gen because it was such a disappointment.

I want more than anything for the Madden team to succeed and I'm pulling for them, I just expect more progression from the title over the years and I hope the 15 release is a big step forward.....I really do.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 07-30-2014 at 11:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #192
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

When guys making the game can't say Johnny Manziel correctly, I just shake my head.

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »