Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2014, 11:23 PM   #201
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Then what's the excuse for the poor A.I in the first game? That certainly wasn't user vs user.

Am I right when I mentioned the guy playing the cpu has no clue on how to call defenses?...and if that is the problem,then they should've got somebody in there that knows how to play defense and call plays at least based on the offensive formations.

Because what was shown sure didn't show off the "improved" defense,and this was played on All Pro for crying out loud....

After watching this and the Eagles Jags game..I was going to make the joke and say the reason for the open receivers was due to bad CB..but still bad overall..here is my question about "what build it was"...if it was an earlier build why show (one with Rex) a better build the week prior..then older build this week? Seems backwards right? Would want to build up to release no?
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:27 PM   #202
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I think it was just to showcase Presentation and Graphics
And this right here tells me that this "build" wasn't as "old" as some would like us to believe.
If the whole premise was to show these things off,showing an "older build" doesn't make much sense at all.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 PM   #203
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
After watching this and the Eagles Jags game..I was going to make the joke and say the reason for the open receivers was due to bad CB..but still bad overall..here is my question about "what build it was"...if it was an earlier build why show (one with Rex) a better build the week prior..then older build this week? Seems backwards right? Would want to build up to release no?
I highly doubt it was an earlier build and the gameplay issues that people are seeing could possibly be a combination of gameplay settings that were different than the first stream and more gameplay tuning. The washed out colors could be due to the time of day and for some reason they thought showing off how the game looked in afternoon games was a good idea for the graphics part of the presentation.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #204

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
And this right here tells me that this "build" wasn't as "old" as some would like us to believe.
If the whole premise was to show these things off,showing an "older build" doesn't make much sense at all.
I can't see it being an older build at this point.

We've been through this rodeo, we know EA doesn't let anything drop they don't allow and being this close to release I doubt they allow us to see anything that isn't finalized.

If a demo comes, I understand that being an older build, but not videos from inside at this point.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 PM   #205
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I think you guys are over thinking this stuff, lets just wait another week maybe two and we'll see the final build. The GC's should be getting the game around Aug 12 based on previous years. They usually post video before that even. I think last year they posted retail build videos around Aug 8 or 9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 11:34 PM   #206
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it's 'possible' that the gameplay appeared nerfed due to the players. However, the few points that I saw that shouldn't really be player related are:
1. Bad looking drops
2. Incorrect emotion on jags coach when they got a big sack. He was upset for some reason.
3. Alex smith rolling out of the pocket to his right and giving it the old 'madden sling' across his body throwing against the grain perfectly for a completion.
All of these things really gave it a Madden 25 feel.
I'm still hopeful and I will still buy the game, but for whatever reason(s), things looked a little funky.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #207
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well I don't know what build it was from but it wasn't retail, just got this from AJ.

@jpdavis1982: @EASPORTS_AJ Hey man was the stream today from the retail build or an older build?

@EASPORTS_AJ: @jpdavis1982 I don't have retail copies yet. Why do you ask?

Now as far as people being disappointed today, other than the lower quality stream, I think the difference today was expectations.

Most people had low expectations before the first stream. After last weeks stream the expectations were raised and anything that wasn't better than last week would be seen as meh or a step backwards. My expectations have been the same all along and I found today and the stream last week fairly similar.

The AI issues people have mentioned for the Eagles Jags game are because it was user vs user.

Most of the presentation was as I expected, half time show especially in the second game, looked pretty good. I'm hoping for CFM they will have some commentary about standings and playoff races.
I just started watching the Jags game again and the guy is playing against the CPU not another user. On another note why did they remove the halftime show and then entire second half of the Steelers Chiefs game?
Old 07-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #208
Pro

adh5199's Arena

OVR: 3
Question Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

JPDavis1982, can you ask your guys at EA if the colors have been adjusted since the last stream. I will concede that everything looked washed out today compared to the Broncos ORANGE of the last stream.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »