Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:53 AM   #369
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Smitty and Azure said last night that there are some things in CFM presentation that people will like. Azure also said that the halftime show was ok but we need to see more, and he told Brian Murray that when he was down there to test the game out. He talked about how we need the things that 2k5 had like highlights of other games and a full weekly wrap up show. He said he believes Brian wants to deliver those things and we just have to see where they build off of this halftime in the future. I'm guessing the CFM presentation things he said we would like are the part that Brian Murray was referring to as his favorite part of the game a few weeks ago, but we will find out soon enough..
Old 08-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #370
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

One thing that was mentioned about presentation that I haven't seen yet are the player montages. I remember seeing or hearing that in Madden 15 if a player is having a big game they will show a bunch of that players highlights while talking about it (similar to NCAA).

Does anybody else remember hearing this or have actually seen it occur
Old 08-01-2014, 07:24 AM   #371
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
He talked about how we need the things that 2k5 had like highlights of other games and a full weekly wrap up show. He said he believes Brian wants to deliver those things and we just have to see where they build off of this halftime in the future.
That's about par for the course in terms of Madden.

There are a lot of presentation elements that have been included in previous Maddens that would be pretty solid in today's game had they continued to improve them.

As for the stream, it was alright in my opinion, nothing groundbreaking gameplay-wise. I love all the new jumbotron stuff and CBS replication of graphics. But one thing that really annoys me is the constant marketing talk these guys do when showcasing the game, using buzzwords in every sentence. To be perfectly honest, the people EA Sports hires to be the face/voice of their Madden franchise are truly marketing geniuses.

As such, I've learned that the absolute best way to watch these videos is on mute, so that one can watch what's going on without someone else essentially telling you what you're supposed to be seeing, even if it's not there. As soon as they started talking about how something in a previous Madden had been poorly implemented, I shut the volume off. When I did, all I saw were new camera angles on kickoffs (a welcome idea, I guess), stat overlays that stayed on screen for about a second, a shoddy halftime show, and very awkward replay camera angles. Graphics looked pretty good as usual, and player/coach models look a lot better.

Last edited by TexasFan2005; 08-01-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 08:00 AM   #372
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasFan2005
That's about par for the course in terms of Madden.

There are a lot of presentation elements that have been included in previous Maddens that would be pretty solid in today's game had they continued to improve them.

As for the stream, it was alright in my opinion, nothing groundbreaking gameplay-wise. I love all the new jumbotron stuff and CBS replication of graphics. But one thing that really annoys me is the constant marketing talk these guys do when showcasing the game, using buzzwords in every sentence. To be perfectly honest, the people EA Sports hires to be the face/voice of their Madden franchise are truly marketing geniuses.

As such, I've learned that the absolute best way to watch these videos is on mute, so that one can watch what's going on without someone else essentially telling you what you're supposed to be seeing, even if it's not there. As soon as they started talking about how something in a previous Madden had been poorly implemented, I shut the volume off. When I did, all I saw were new camera angles on kickoffs (a welcome idea, I guess), stat overlays that stayed on screen for about a second, a shoddy halftime show, and very awkward replay camera angles. Graphics looked pretty good as usual, and player/coach models look a lot better.
True but you have to start somewhere, it took 3 years to make 2k5's halftime show. They improved it each year a little more from 2k3-5. This is Brian's first year as presentation director, for a first year and short cycle I would say he's done a tremendous job compared to presentation last year, that's without seeing what CFM has for presentation.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #373
Rookie

How can 2 streams be almost totally different in gameplay for the same game?....The comments and video of the last game was great....I actually had trust and so anxious for the game to come out BUT this video beside the graphics left a totally opposite feeling....How is that possible?......They were better off not showing this stream IMO....that one play where alex smith made it around/pass the DE(which suppose to be improved), throws across his body and a perfect completion.......nightmares of old madden games went thru my head.....So which game are we getting on aug 26
Old 08-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #374
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it earlier in the thread since I havent read the whole thing. But, looks like during a change in quarters they will be showing highlights from the previous quarter that just ended and in 25 it just changes to the next quarter with no highlights at all.

Also something I noticed and I think someone said the Jumbo Tron graphic doesnt change, but I noticed it go from just saying Jaguars all the time to Red Zone on the Gerhart attempt and then Touchdown. During the Gerhart TD I also noticed when the LB stopped him from scoring in the redzone he just gets up and walks back to the huddle. I am pretty sure if you stop the other team from scoring at anytime during the game not only will you get up and celebrate, other teammates are going to come and mob you, at least a couple should show up and do something.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:21 AM   #375
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it earlier in the thread since I havent read the whole thing. But, looks like during a change in quarters they will be showing highlights from the previous quarter that just ended and in 25 it just changes to the next quarter with no highlights at all.

Also something I noticed and I think someone said the Jumbo Tron graphic doesnt change, but I noticed it go from just saying Jaguars all the time to Red Zone on the Gerhart attempt and then Touchdown. During the Gerhart TD I also noticed when the LB stopped him from scoring in the redzone he just gets up and walks back to the huddle. I am pretty sure if you stop the other team from scoring at anytime during the game not only will you get up and celebrate, other teammates are going to come and mob you, at least a couple should show up and do something.
The jumbotrons are definitely dynamic, there's 22 different triggers. They said some of them like Heinz field are team specific, they will show the ketchup bottles pour in the red zone. There are all kinds of multi player celebrations going on in this video, some are very subtle, at one point two of the chiefs do a chest bump after a completion to Baldwin I believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #376
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Whatever happened to Beyond Broadcast presentation? Halftime was skippable...
That thankfully went away. It was a bad idea. No one was asking for "Beyond" they just wanted Broadcast. 6 years later, they're still struggling just to meet that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »