Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #393
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is such a tired rhetoric and needs to go away.

I know your attempting to get smart with others for whatever reason but you fail to see there is zero logic in saying this.

First, I'm willing to bet everyone here does watch the games when they are on and do go to games in person.

I for one play Madden when football isn't on. Now answer me this a quiet pro, how can I go watch a game at 8pm on a Wednesday night rather than play Madden?
I dont mean this in a literal sense man. My point I try to make is, yes, the game needs to be and feel Authentic, BUT people ask for too much and are too nitpicky. It's one thing to want authenticity, it's another to ask for things as small as some people ask for. Main Point.. It's a game, why can't people just enjoy it for what it is... a game?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:37 PM   #394
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I dont mean this in a literal sense man. My point I try to make is, yes, the game needs to be and feel Authentic, BUT people ask for too much and are too nitpicky. It's one thing to want authenticity, it's another to ask for things as small as some people ask for. Main Point.. It's a game, why can't people just enjoy it for what it is... a game?

Dude.. you're in an operation sports, hardcore madden football thread.. We know it's a game. We know this. Some folks just want more authenticity to enhance the experience. Not too much to ask.

MLB the show is just a game. But they get the little things right that separate the gamplay experience from the rest. It's arguably the best sports game on the market. If you are satisfied with maddens presentation that's great, but certain people have different standards. It's ok .
Old 08-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #395
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision
Dude.. you're in an operation sports, hardcore madden football thread.. We know it's a game. We know this. Some folks just want more authenticity to enhance the experience. Not too much to ask.

MLB the show is just a game. But they get the little things right that separate the gamplay experience from the rest. It's arguably the best sports game on the market. If you are satisfied with maddens presentation that's great, but certain people have different standards. It's ok .
Yeah, maybe it's just because I have no problems with the game other than a few gameplay issues, so things dont bother me too much. THAT being said, maybe I think the tiny minutia is ridiculous because they should make sure they have solid gameplay down first, which as everyone knows they dont. idk. That's why The Show is so good at authenticity. Their gameplay is so rock solid, they can do the little things. Madden has A LONG WAY to go before their gameplay is rock solid. They shouldn't be focusing on the little things.

How's this, a list of things Madden needs to completely overhaul.

Presentation
gameplay
RATINGS!!!!!!!

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 08-01-2014 at 12:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #396
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, maybe it's just because I have no problems with the game other than a few gameplay issues, so things dont bother me too much. THAT being said, maybe I think the tiny minutia is ridiculous because they should make sure they have solid gameplay down first, which as everyone knows they dont. idk. That's why The Show is so good at authenticity. Their gameplay is so rock solid, they can do the little things. Madden has A LONG WAY to go before their gameplay is rock solid. They shouldn't be focusing on the little things.
True that. Game play is more important. But I think that is a given. Anyway.. see your point.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #397
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:

Presentation
gameplay
RATINGS!!!!!!!
They just hired the senior cinematographer for NFL FILMS as presentation director and after one cycle you're ready to overhaul presentation? This is the reason this franchise has suffered for years, lack of improvement upon the foundation. If we do what you're suggesting it will take 3-5 more years for this game to get where we want it. I do agree about ratings but you can't overhaul presentation and gameplay year after year and expect to get somewhere. ALL good sports games like FIFA, NHL, The Show, have had years of building upon themselves. Madden has never done that until now. This idea that you can just overhaul everything and the game we want will be there next year is a complete fantasy.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #398
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Presentation
gameplay
RATINGS!!!!!!!
I think the problem a lot of people have though with the little things being wrong year after year is that most of it is caught almost immediately be people that don't get paid to make sure the little things get done right and that's frustrating especially when it goes on for years and years.

The little things could also be compared to putting square wheels on a car, you just wouldn't do it, but EA gets away with and somehow justifies it to themselves it appears continually IMO.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 08-01-2014 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #399
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I think the problem a lot of people have though with the little things being wrong year after year is that most of it is caught almost immediately be people that don't get paid to make sure the little things get done right and that's frustrating especially when it goes on for years and years.

The little things could also be compared to putting square wheels on a car, you just wouldn't do it, but EA gets away with and somehow justifies it to themselves it appears continually IMO.
its also like, this is their first year, yes, but for instance the replays, they are implemented wrong. Like instead of doing it right, they throw them in and are like "we will improve them." Ive never seen a company implement stuff half way, and always need to improve everything because it isn't done right the first time.

Then theres the stat overlays. They disappear too quick. Its been that way for years when they do have stat overlays. JP tweets them and they say something like in final build it'll be better, but its not getting better. Whats the point of having stat overlays if you can't read them? They put it there just to be there, and not because they wanted good stat overlays.

Halftime show. Replays are bad/wrong. it was implemented this year, they did it wrong. its not like they took last years halftime show and used their replays with a new format. the built the halftime show from scratch, and this was what they came up with. for them to take the stand like "this is year one" is nonsensical.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:14 PM   #400
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
its also like, this is their first year, yes, but for instance the replays, they are implemented wrong. Like instead of doing it right, they throw them in and are like "we will improve them." Ive never seen a company implement stuff half way, and always need to improve everything because it isn't done right the first time.
Hit the nail on the head.

Here's the thing: Far too often, the people behind Madden go about implementing new things in a half-measured way. This causes problems, because instead of doing it to the best of your ability the first time, it's something that's only done halfway and needs additional attention the next year--when they can be using that time to work on something else within that area of the game.

I do think it's understandable that AI logic or other gameplay related issues might take a couple years. But do replays take a couple years to get right? Does the halftime show? How about a playcalling screen that doesn't block the game's presentation?

It's kind of like missing on high draft picks in the NFL. When you hit on them, you can focus your energy on other aspects of your team, and you can get better, much faster, across the board. But when you're missing--or at best just finding average talent, you have to keep wasting time and resources to improve at a position that, if done right the first time, would already be a strength.

I think there's a ton to like in Madden 15--but I think things like replays, halftime, play call screens--these should already be your strength and not a single additional ounce of energy should be spent on them--because they would've already been done right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »