Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #409
MVP
 
iLLWiLL's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm working so I don't have time to respond in detail. To answer your question about Gerhart, aj said different players have different celebration styles and that was supposed to be more reserved, ala Barry Sanders.
I'm sorry, dude. I appreciate your pro-Madden enthusiasm and all.

But sometimes your inability to simply be objective is annoying. Toby Gerhart wouldn't just keep the ball and slowly jog back to the sideline following a TOUCHDOWN. Even more so, his teammates & lineman wouldn't just let him do that, even if Gerhart does have a more laidback personality, his teammates would still be swarming him and slapping him on the helmet and such. Same goes for the Eagles Jordan Matthews TD. A rookie catches a bomb TD over the middle, and he just turns back and jogs back to the sideline...with football in hand! I'm sure the refs are thinking, "Uhh, we're going to need that football, son." Again, all of J-Matt's teammates are just jogging back to the sideline, too! NO EMOTION! Don't try to defend that! Just take it, and accept that this & that shouldn't work this way, etc...

Last edited by iLLWiLL; 08-01-2014 at 03:58 PM.
iLLWiLL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #410
Rookie
 
Desolationmike's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
There is no reason why America's number one sport (by a mile) should be this far behind the 8 ball when it comes to player movement and realistic interactions.
THIS! There's no reason Madden, which receives far more exposure and sales than NHL or FIFA(at least in America) should be behind those games! I understand that maybe this year is the first time their taking presentation seriously, but is it so unreasonable to ask WHY? You would assume the art team is seperate from gameplay so it's not like they need to split resources, beyond that they should be receiving more resources conidering Madden gets far more attention than other EA Sports properties. So why is it that NHL and FIFA are so much better in those departments? Do those teams understand their respective games better? I see no reason why Madden isn't the standard for EA with everything else trying to be on par with it.

That being said I'm excited for Madden this year and plan on doing an in depth CFM with my cousin. I just can't help but be baffled by the fact that EA has Madden, ESPN and a every oppurtunity to make a quality presentation but seemingly refuse to.
Desolationmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #411
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I'm sorry, dude. I appreciate your pro-Madden enthusiasm and all.

But sometimes your inability to simply be objective is annoying. Toby Gerhart wouldn't just keep the ball and slowly jog back to the sideline following a TOUCHDOWN. Even more so, his teammates & lineman wouldn't just let him do that, even if Gerhart does have a more laidback personality, his teammates would still be swarming him and slapping him on the helmet and such. Same goes for the Eagles Jordan Matthews TD. A rookie catches a bomb TD over the middle, and he just turns back and jogs back to the sideline...with football in hand! I'm sure the refs are thinking, "Uhh, we're going to need that football, son." Again, all of J-Matt's teammates are just jogging back to the sideline, too! NO EMOTION! Don't try to defend that! Just take it, and accept that this & that shouldn't work this way, etc...
Gerhart is reserved for sure. Yeah teammates would tap him on the helmet, but they do that at other points in the stream, it's not like they didn't do the things you're mentioning at all.

http://youtu.be/nW4FYu74RAU
http://youtu.be/2MW6B03KUbs
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise

Last edited by jpdavis82; 08-01-2014 at 04:06 PM.
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #412
MVP
 
iLLWiLL's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Gerhart is reserved
http://youtu.be/nW4FYu74RAU
LMAO! I rest my case. Just like another poster said, you just skirt around the issues.

Like I said -- even if Gerhart IS reserved -- his teammates would be swarming him, giving hi-fives, etc. Instead, he & his teammates are just like, Doo, doo-doo, doo-doo, back to the sidelines.


At least the crowd is more excited than the entire team and their response is appropriate. They show more emotion than the players do.
iLLWiLL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #413
All Star
 
jpdavis82's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
LMAO! I rest my case. Just like another poster said, you just skirt around the issues.

Like I said -- even if Gerhart IS reserved -- his teammates would be swarming him, giving hi-fives, etc. Instead, he & his teammates are just like, Doo, doo-doo, doo-doo, back to the sidelines.


At least the crowd is more excited than the entire team and their response is appropriate. They show more emotion than the players do.
I said they would be tapping him on the helmet, I was just showing he is reserved too.
__________________
Josh-Been playin' Madden since '92

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
jpdavis82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #414
MVP
 
Quint75's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,312
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

I am surprised no one from the Madden team has tried to put out the fire that this stream created. I know they are super busy right now, but you think someone would have been monitoring the reactions.

And for those that hope, year after year, that "this must have been an early build", we have been down that road way too many times before. If you really think that the inaccurate passes, bad coverage, numerous drops and myriad problems with the presentation will be fixed before the game goes gold and ships, you have not been paying attention to Tiburon's history.
__________________
NCAA: Michigan Wolverines
MLB: St. Louis Cardinals
NHL: St. Louis Blues
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Quint75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #415
Be Good To One Another
 
The JareBear's Arena
 
OVR: 49
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 11,574
Blog Entries: 17
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
I am surprised no one from the Madden team has tried to put out the fire that this stream created. I know they are super busy right now, but you think someone would have been monitoring the reactions.

And for those that hope, year after year, that "this must have been an early build", we have been down that road way too many times before. If you really think that the inaccurate passes, bad coverage, numerous drops and myriad problems with the presentation will be fixed before the game goes gold and ships, you have not been paying attention to Tiburon's history.
I'm trying to take the ignorance is bliss approach and lie to myself. You're right, though, the track record is less than stellar.

It's easier for me to pretend then it is to accept that in two years I will be hearing about why I need to wait two more years all over again.
__________________
"Successful people do not celebrate in the adversity or misfortune of others."

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
The JareBear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #416
MVP
 
iLLWiLL's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Jul 2002
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I said they would be tapping him on the helmet, I was just showing he is reserved too.
I am just saying that it -- Gerhart & Matthews' post-TD (non)reactions...and their teammates' -- is a poor excuse to not have emotions in those situations. Again, you're giving EA a 'pass' here with these excuses. In no way do those situations portray the NFL ...
iLLWiLL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.

Top -