Home

Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #505
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Developer Livestream - Presentation and Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
My concern is this: it is for the replay angles. I keep hearing looks looks looks, " camera angles that really show the details of the players. They tried to do this with the replay angles in Madden 13, and it was a colossal failure. I hope they have not elected to do the same thing in 15, and neglect the importance of authentic camera angles. Authentic camera angles, are really important to the replay value and overall presentation of the game. If they did this, which I hope they didn't, they have already set presentation aspect of the game back. Rex, if you are reading this, please make sure this is not the case Madden 15. Again, this was a colossal failure with the Madden 13. Do not neglect the importance of authenticity in regards to the camera angles during replay.

We have seen enough in regards to player detail . We want to see authentic camera angles during replays. We want to see how to play develops. We do not want to see zoomed in replay angles that have the purpose of only showing off player detail. We do not care about that aspect. This may be a deal breaker for some. I'm already not liking some of these angles I am seeing in these videos. keep it authentic and keep to what we see on TV.
I agree. The replays are the wrong time to try to show detail entirely. The post-play should be the shining moment for that, but they've decided to go with far-off shots on the players for the overwhelming majority of the shooting, so that's ruined. Again.

Thing about the replays is that they're not mixing far and close into a single sequence. What you see on TV a lot is a far shot as the first part of the sequence so you can see the play develop. Then the second shot often gives you a close shot, but it doesn't work that way in Madden.

They're just missing on two big opportunities to not only be authentic but also show off all of this player detail. You have to hope it's technical and not by design, because by design that would just be ridiculous.

I also have to note that when they do a second shot in the replay, the replay ends too quickly. Something is wrong there.

No matter what we say though, they're going to do what they want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #506
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
My concern is this: it is for the replay angles. I keep hearing looks looks looks, " camera angles that really show the details of the players. They tried to do this with the replay angles in Madden 13, and it was a colossal failure. I hope they have not elected to do the same thing in 15, and neglect the importance of authentic camera angles. Authentic camera angles, are really important to the replay value and overall presentation of the game. If they did this, which I hope they didn't, they have already set presentation aspect of the game back. Rex, if you are reading this, please make sure this is not the case Madden 15. Again, this was a colossal failure with the Madden 13. Do not neglect the importance of authenticity in regards to the camera angles during replay.

We have seen enough in regards to player detail . We want to see authentic camera angles during replays. We want to see how to play develops. We do not want to see zoomed in replay angles that have the purpose of only showing off player detail. We do not care about that aspect. This may be a deal breaker for some. I'm already not liking some of these angles I am seeing in these videos. keep it authentic and keep to what we see on TV.
I agree with your post, yet to the bold, presentation is not on Rex, Mike Young runs that, I believe. I forget the specific stream, I think it's from M12, Young comes right out to say that they know we don't want their version of presentation, we want what we see on tv, this was after trying "beyond broadcast" for some time, then in M13 they seemingly go right back to it. Let me clarify I'm referring specifically to camera angles because they seem to be at least adopting real network overlays, wipes and other elements, they just seem to have some odd obsession with "video game" camera shots.

It so odd the way they talk about emulating a CBS broadcast right up until they start referring to "capturing the emotion of the game", then they segue into NFL films. The NFL films cinematography should be utilized in Madden for Superbowl/end of game montages, player highlights for the draft, end of the year awards, etc, not for "broadcasting" general game play. I had hoped with the new consoles ability to broadcast/stream game play, that would encourage Tiburon to go away from the artistic broadcast in Madden but apparently not.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #507
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I agree with your post, yet to the bold, presentation is not on Rex, Mike Young runs that, I believe. I forget the specific stream, I think it's from M12, Young comes right out to say that they know we don't want their version of presentation, we want what we see on tv, this was after trying "beyond broadcast" for some time, then in M13 they seemingly go right back to it. Let me clarify I'm referring specifically to camera angles because they seem to be at least adopting real network overlays, wipes and other elements, they just seem to have some odd obsession with "video game" camera shots.

It so odd the way they talk about emulating a CBS broadcast right up until they start referring to "capturing the emotion of the game", then they segue into NFL films. The NFL films cinematography should be utilized in Madden for Superbowl/end of game montages, player highlights for the draft, end of the year awards, etc, not for "broadcasting" general game play. I had hoped with the new consoles ability to broadcast/stream game play, that would encourage Tiburon to go away from the artistic broadcast in Madden but apparently not.
We will never get what we want. Tiburon hates us....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #508
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It's been such a long, slow hate, though, similar to the improvements year to year in Madden.

Oh, I couldn't resist that one.

I know they don't hate us, it's too strong of a word................. but, history shows, they will make the game they want, when they want and how they want.

Otherwise, it will be OS NFL Football vs Madden
Old 08-05-2014, 10:02 AM   #509
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's been such a long, slow hate, though, similar to the improvements year to year in Madden.

I know they don't hate us, it's too strong of a word................. but, history shows, they will make the game they want, when they want and how they want.

This is it! The answer! Steve and the gang needs to make a game. "OS NFL Football" no? oh. ok.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #510
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Now that would be a system seller......

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #511
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Haha, I occasionally read there tweets and replies; when OS or anything Sim is mentioned, I can almost hear them saying "not them F'ers again", lol. I have finally accepted we are not the ones that butter their toast, it's MUT and tourney guys who prefer more control over realism and organic gameplay.

When the devs were talking about more passes missing targets, you all should have read the the outcry. Another example penalties, the outcry the game shouldn't determine them, because it's not right to lose a tourney or ranked game on a penalty.

It goes on and on. After several videos passes are always on target, no penalties, and instead of broadcast presentation we get Tiburon presentation which is sad.

I appreciate Rex and what appears to be a passion to make Madden realistic, but then we see the near final result and shake our heads and say maybe next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 10:25 AM   #512
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Haha, I occasionally read there tweets and replies; when OS or anything Sim is mentioned, I can almost hear them saying "not them F'ers again", lol. I have finally accepted we are not the ones that butter their toast, it's MUT and tourney guys who prefer more control over realism and organic gameplay.

When the devs were talking about more passes missing targets, you all should have read the the outcry. Another example penalties, the outcry the game shouldn't determine them, because it's not right to lose a tourney or ranked game on a penalty.

It goes on and on. After several videos passes are always on target, no penalties, and instead of broadcast presentation we get Tiburon presentation which is sad.

I appreciate Rex and what appears to be a passion to make Madden realistic, but then we see the near final result and shake our heads and say maybe next year.
And that's the thing. Although there are a lot of players who play tourneys and cheat the online leaderboards to show their the "best". haha right. THOSE are the people who cry about the game, when a large majority of people are people who just play the game for fun and maybe fun wagers with friends or something. The large majority wants a realistic sim experience, the online and tourney guys just want a game they can't lose. (Hence why Madden is the way it is)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »