Home

Madden NFL 15 - Top Free Safeties

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 - Top Free Safeties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 - Top Free Safeties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Thomas and Sherman's ratings need to swap
Just want to point out, they are OVR ratings at different positions, so they really can't be compared. Different calculations go into each position. I know, Sherman at safety would probably be rated higher in the game than Thomas at CB, but that is just a fault in the ratings system. In my opinion, the coverage values are slightly too important for OVR at safety in Madden in compared to the tackling values.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:56 AM   #50
Just started!

OVR: 0

For the people scoffing at Byrd being #1:

No player has more total turnovers than Byrd in the last five years.
He is is also 2nd in interceptions for the last 5 years and could easily have been 1st had he not missed 5 games last year.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:26 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Just want to point out, they are OVR ratings at different positions, so they really can't be compared. Different calculations go into each position. I know, Sherman at safety would probably be rated higher in the game than Thomas at CB, but that is just a fault in the ratings system. In my opinion, the coverage values are slightly too important for OVR at safety in Madden in compared to the tackling values.
They can be compared to an extent. It is a numerical value to express how good a player is at what they do. What Madden is telling us is that Sherman is better at CB than Thomas is at safety. I don't believe that.

I also think it is no coincidence that the loud mouthed sherman gets the coveted 99 while the more reserved Thomas does not. I think it is evidence of how the ratings are becoming more involved in a marketing standpoint.

Also, if the overall for safeties is too heavily tilted towards coverage skills that makes Thomas' rating even more questionable.

Having said all that, I actually don't care all that much lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 03:12 AM   #52
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Of course Byrd is the highest rated FS the year after he leaves Buffalo. Also, Byrd is definitely among the top 2 in the league. He has a great eye for the ball and amazing reaction times.

Fwiw, Byrd has the same rating as the last update in 25, with the Bills-- 96.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:18 AM   #53
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
I like Byrd but he shouldn't be over Earl Thomas. IMO Thomas is the best FS in the game right now.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:51 AM   #54
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Calling Earl Thomas the best safety is easy to do when he plays in the best secondary on the best defense in the league. Put him in the Bills secondary for the past few seasons and watch how quickly his numbers drop. At the end of the day though who really cares about these ratings? Everyone of us is either going to download the community rosters or update them ourselves.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #55
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Glad to see Byrd number one. Deserved.

He's been on a Bills D for years whilst Earl Thomas has been backed up by a great Defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #56
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Calling Earl Thomas the best safety is easy to do when he plays in the best secondary on the best defense in the league. Put him in the Bills secondary for the past few seasons and watch how quickly his numbers drop. At the end of the day though who really cares about these ratings? Everyone of us is either going to download the community rosters or update them ourselves.
Bills had a top 5 pass defense last year and have a great pass rush that helps out the guys in the secondary. No need to dog them out just to talk up Byrd. Buffalo has a problem on offense, not defense. Youre crazy if you think ET couldnt play well in buffalo with the number one pass rush in the league (sea was 18) and great corners.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »