Home

VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

This is a discussion on VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-02-2014, 07:40 AM   #33
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Yea the crazy names thing is kind of comical when you look at some of the actual names in the NFL. The thing I hate most about the draft classes (don't know why it bothers me so much but it does) is the amount of players from non FBS schools. It seems like once you get out of the 2nd round every player is from a school like mighty Augustana. And then of course there is the mismatched ratings/positions like the 70 spd WR's.

Free Jack English...
Old 08-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Rex and crew all seem on the right page. Donny Moore and Josh Looman tough.... no.
Serious question albeit somewhat rhetorical: What are the latter two there for now? Ratings? I sense that Tiburion is willing to coast on CFM from year to year, making little more than incremental changes.

I'm hoping the reveal will be impressive enough to make the question moot. We'll see.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:02 AM   #35
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Serious question albeit somewhat rhetorical: What are the latter two there for now? Ratings? I sense that Tiburion is willing to coast on CFM from year to year, making little more than incremental changes.

I'm hoping the reveal will be impressive enough to make the question moot. We'll see.
Donny Moore's jobs has always been nothing but ratings. EA actually opened an entire studio for CFM, they wouldn't make that kind of investment and let Josh's team just float from year to year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3
VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

Quote:
Donny Moore's jobs has always been nothing but ratings. EA actually opened an entire studio for CFM, they wouldn't make that kind of investment and let Josh's team just float from year to year.

This is a logical way to look at the situation. CFM is a huge part of Madden and the core gamer community. It might not generate micro transaction revenue for EA but a lot of people don't even buy the game period if CFM isn't on point.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
This is a logical way to look at the situation. CFM is a huge part of Madden and the core gamer community. It might not generate micro transaction revenue for EA but a lot of people don't even buy the game period if CFM isn't on point.
I'll take this comment and run with it as a ray of hope for substantial CFM news for Madden 15

If I'm wrong.... please reply with

Look forward to the interview!
Old 08-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #38
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

It would be great if they would open up their high school math text books and finally fix the issue with tie's not factoring into winning %.

It's been wrong for years and it's laughable since it's basic math.

But then again, the wind arrow has been backwards so long I guess expecting correct basic math is too much.

Don't even get me started on playoff seeding...

Anyone ask about that?
Old 08-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Here is the one point where I disagree with you. Don't forget someone once drafted JaMarcus Russell with the first overall pick. Scouting does need to be greatly improved but at the same time teams IRL make mistakes in the draft all the time.
That was more of an intangible thing, though. Jamarcus Russell's tangible physical skills where there big as day, as it is with most real life scouting. You put a guy through drills to measure his speed agility, strength, and it's readily available league-wide. It's the intangibles -- a guy's grey matter -- where the crapshoot is.

In Madden everything is a crapshoot. You can draft a WR with B speed that maybe you didn't have enough XP to unlock and when you sign him that B speed will reveal to 77. Now I get that they did a lot of this to make things challenging, but I just ain't feeling it anymore. Physical ratings shouldn't be a guessing game.

Hopefully with the game moving to a more realistic bent, more weight will be added to intangible ratings like scheme fit, awareness, development, etc., and that's where you'll be encouraged to spend more time investigating.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 08-02-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
We have recorded the interview but I am going to be exchanging emails with Josh on questions that we were not able to get to during the time we had available for the discussion.

Thanks to everyone that submitted questions!
Hopefully you can word this in a better way because I'm beyond frustrated with career mode in Madden, ask Looman WTF happened with using HC09's NFL authenticity focus in Madden. Probably the worst part of HC09's system was the Free Agency bidding timer stuff and that's an area he brought over to M12.

To rephrase the question, where does NFL authenticity fit into player management and career mode as a whole in Madden?

Also, can he take down some reminder or note to include formation subs in the player management menu for M16?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »