Home

VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

This is a discussion on VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #41
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: VSN speaking with Josh Looman on CFM, taking questions now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill
This is a logical way to look at the situation. CFM is a huge part of Madden and the core gamer community. It might not generate micro transaction revenue for EA but a lot of people don't even buy the game period if CFM isn't on point.
I am one of those people. 90% of my sport gaming time is spent in the "franchise mode". I need that to be on point. I spent so much time in the Association mode in NBA 2k that I had no clue how bad 2K's servers were...until it affected my ability to play MYGM on the XB1. I remember the first time I saw the NFL films video playing (which looks good, BTW) for the QB taking the field and thinking: 'huh, I wonder what that'll look like when I draft a new QB in my CFM.' What's crazy in EA's case is that they have a treasure trove of franchise stuff already in house from past Maddens and NFL Head Coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 12:18 PM   #42
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I am one of those people. 90% of my sport gaming time is spent in the "franchise mode". I need that to be on point. I spent so much time in the Association mode in NBA 2k that I had no clue how bad 2K's servers were...until it affected my ability to play MYGM on the XB1. I remember the first time I saw the NFL films video playing (which looks good, BTW) for the QB taking the field and thinking: 'huh, I wonder what that'll look like when I draft a new QB in my CFM.' What's crazy in EA's case is that they have a treasure trove of franchise stuff already in house from past Maddens and NFL Head Coach.
I'm the same, I love the Franchise modes. I'm a team builder guy so I love playing multiple seasons. This is why the FIFA, 2K and NHL series' are so important to my gaming collection; all three of them have outstanding modes. Where Madden, you barely see a difference year to year in terms of improving teams. Which sucks, and loses playability factor.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Donny Moore's jobs has always been nothing but ratings. EA actually opened an entire studio for CFM, they wouldn't make that kind of investment and let Josh's team just float from year to year.
You said they "Wouldn't" ......but they "DO"
Old 08-03-2014, 12:58 AM   #44
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
You said they "Wouldn't" ......but they "DO"
They do according to who? Just because you might not agree with some of the decisions they make it doesn't mean they are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs all year long. Last year they added in owner mode and team relocation among other things. Let's wait to see what they worked on this year before we jump to needless conclusions.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:58 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
They do according to who? Just because you might not agree with some of the decisions they make it doesn't mean they are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs all year long. Last year they added in owner mode and team relocation among other things. Let's wait to see what they worked on this year before we jump to needless conclusions.
Please... those features you mention here were in madden ten years ago, and they were much better at that time. The lengths people will go through to defend this game is stunning. Not saying they are twiddling their thumbs, but madden cfm is FAR from revolutionary in any form. It's very, very average, and that's being kind. Franchise mode from a decade back was a 1000 times more immersive.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 04:16 AM   #46
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Please... those features you mention here were in madden ten years ago, and they were much better at that time. The lengths people will go through to defend this game is stunning. Not saying they are twiddling their thumbs, but madden cfm is FAR from revolutionary in any form. It's very, very average, and that's being kind. Franchise mode from a decade back was a 1000 times more immersive.

The guys doing CFM now weren't here 10 years ago. It is an all new team on all new consoles. They had no control over stuff that was taken out or eliminated but they are doing their best to get that stuff back. I have seen more effort from Josh and the current CFM team than I see from most franchise mode dev teams. The Show's franchise hasn't changed since the game came out and has become very boring and stale, NHL's franchise has been broken for years now its virtually unplayable. I didn't say it was revolutionary in any way but it certainly isn't as bad as some people on here make it out to be. The lengths people will go through to downplay this game is stunning. We still have zero clue what they worked on this year in CFM and people are already proclaiming it to be a failure.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:20 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
The guys doing CFM now weren't here 10 years ago. It is an all new team on all new consoles. They had no control over stuff that was taken out or eliminated but they are doing their best to get that stuff back. I have seen more effort from Josh and the current CFM team than I see from most franchise mode dev teams. The Show's franchise hasn't changed since the game came out and has become very boring and stale, NHL's franchise has been broken for years now its virtually unplayable. I didn't say it was revolutionary in any way but it certainly isn't as bad as some people on here make it out to be. The lengths people will go through to downplay this game is stunning. We still have zero clue what they worked on this year in CFM and people are already proclaiming it to be a failure.
Almost nothing you posted here is correct. It is not an all new CFM team. CFM has replaced the traditional franchise mode, yes. I don't see anyone proclaiming it a failure. I see people with varying levels of expectations, many of which are based on past history of what tiburon has delivered with respect to madden.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:30 AM   #48
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Almost nothing you posted here is correct. It is not an all new CFM team. CFM has replaced the traditional franchise mode, yes. I don't see anyone proclaiming it a failure. I see people with varying levels of expectations, many of which are based on past history of what tiburon has delivered with respect to madden.

Do you even know who was behind those great franchise modes from a decade ago? It was Josh Looman, he left after Madden 07 to work on NFL Head Coach. Which was around the time franchise mode started to feel stale and old. For Madden 12 he was named Senior Producer and EA opened an entire studio in Austin, Texas for him to work out of for CCM. Around the same time multiple employees who worked on Franchise mode left the company like AJ Dembroksi (who had some hilarious tweets about his "firing"). When they opened their new studio they hired many new designers. At this point though it is best for us to agree to disagree before this gets out of hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »