Home

Old 08-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #17
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I would pay for Madden early...

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
The demo will take care of that, and save me money at the same time. I never pay for early access regardless of game.

Edit: Is it really that funny? Terrible way to look at games nowadays. There's a problem when $60 dollar sports game can't keep the gamer captivated for longer than a full calender year. If the game is good, you should be able to play it for more than 1 year. I didn't upgrade MLB11 until MLB14. That's a full 3 years.
Yea, not everyone only purchases a game only if its fawless nor do they have to play it that long to feel they got their moneys worth. At $60 games are some of the absolute cheapest bang for your buck purchases you can make for entertainment.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #18
Pro

Smoke316's Arena

OVR: 14

I usually find the game the weekend before release at a regular mom n pop here in Brooklyn and they charge a lil more maybe $75. So paying $5 a month or $5 one time for the Early Access to have it sometime Thursday the 21st is well worth it. I'll just go pick it up at a Gamestop at midnight on the 26th and continue where I left off.

Modest in Speech..Superior in Action

Hit me on Twitter - SeanSemps
Old 08-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #19
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke316
I usually find the game the weekend before release at a regular mom n pop here in Brooklyn and they charge a lil more maybe $75. So paying $5 a month or $5 one time for the Early Access to have it sometime Thursday the 21st is well worth it. I'll just go pick it up at a Gamestop at midnight on the 26th and continue where I left off.
$5 a month is a ridiculous price, that's $60 a year, which is twice as much as if you pay it all at once. $29.99, makes more sense, from a financial aspect.

I like it because I can be playing the game, like its my own, then midnight release, I don't have to waste whatever short time I have that night on maybe the new gauntlet stuff or getting used to these "all new mechanics", also it'll allow me to start a OCFM earlier.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #20
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

If it was a brand new game like Battlefront, or a new NFL game day or NFL 2k I would but not for a yearly released sports game. With Madden, I'll redbox it when it comes out and I'll probably wait til mid September or October and grab a used copy for $30 bucks or less.

The demo would have to blow me away and make me feel like I have to upgrade or can't play the old game. That hasn't happened since madden 10.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

The money is not an issue to me, but why not cut the distribution out by offering digital distribution on Friday and retail releases on physical media on the usual Tuesday release schedule?

If EA wants to increase profits, decreasing costs is a full-proof way to achieve that and cutting distribution costs risks nothing in development, programming or anything else directly related to the quality and depth of the title.

In reality, the game is done already and we should all be getting access to play it now instead of waiting for the discs to press and the distribution to send them all over the damn country so everyone can buy at the same time....screw that already! That is an early-1990's distribution strategy in the mid-2010's...time to ditch the disc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #22
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm predicting a Madden 15 demo from the 10th to 16th this month.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 5

What's the point of getting it early? If history is our guide there will be some flaw that will take 3 months to patch. I can wait.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #24
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

With ea access how long can you play the game for if you pay for a year? 30 bucks a year, play any ea game for however long you want right? There would be no point in even buying madden if I understand correctly. Even if you can only "own/rent" one game at a time that would be a no brainer for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »