Home

To the Madden 15 Dev Team (Concerning XB1)

This is a discussion on To the Madden 15 Dev Team (Concerning XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
To the Madden 15 Dev Team (Concerning XB1)

Hi EA

I just wanted to speak on behalf of the Xbox 1 Madden players in asking that the gamma curve on Madden 15 is fixed over what was given in Madden 25 on the Xbox 1

When you load up the game on XB1 the splash screen with Adrian Peterson shows zero shadow details like the PS4 and the menus are far worst. This causes sever black crush even when running the XB1 in proper cadence with HDTV's

I run mine at RGB Limited which is the standard for all HDTV's and on my Samsung Plasma I run HDMI black level to Low to match the Limited from XB1

That should provide 16-235 gradiation which is the standard for HDTV

Putting Full RGB on XB1 is designed for PC monitors only and if you do decide to run RGB Full on XB1 then the Samsung TV HDMI black level must be Normal instead of Low to avoid washed out colors.

The issue is the XB1 post processing done when games are at sub 1080p and the XB1 uses the internal upscaler to reach 1080p non native. This causes the gamma curve to lower and bring in crushed blacks to those upscaled games

The good thing is that devs of the games can bypass the XB1 post processer and use their own like Battlefield 4 did which does not suffer from this issue.

Please bypass the xb1 processor and use your own so that we do not get another year of horrible crushed blacks and zero shadow details on the Madden 15 game on XB1

Here is a good article on the matter

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/17...mes-look-worse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: To the Madden 15 Dev Team (Concerning XB1)

We don't allow "Hey Devs!" threads here. Please repost this in a wish list thread / forum.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »