Home

Schemes and fatigue?

This is a discussion on Schemes and fatigue? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3
Schemes and fatigue?

When I'm calling plays I see certain positions are changing color - I assume this is fatigue. At what point do my sliders 80/60 take ahold. I see red and wonder if they will come out next play??? What up.

Schemes - I understand team schemes but position??? Is this for having your CBU draft for you? What is the purpose for individual position schemes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Zeffy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Schemes and fatigue?

Dunno about the first beyond the fact that red = they're really tired and if you use them again they'll come out, probably, or their ratings have dipped a bit.

In regards to scheme: The scheme changes the OVR of players to easier show the player who is "better" for your offense/defense. If you're running a 4-3, real aggressive and blitz-happy defense, you're not gonna want a 3-4 Run Stopping DE. You'll want to set him to Edge Rusher or at the very least Balanced. It puts a priority on your pass-rushing moves (Power/Finese Moves) instead of run-stopping moves (Block Shedding).

Essentially, it just changes the shown OVR of a player. Doesn't change how they play.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

So changing this changes how the player or players? at that position play?

Right now being new to Madden on a PS3 (I played the last PC game until Coach mode happened) I'm playing a Coach mode vanilla 4-3 just to see how things go. When I do switch to some "exotic" defense I can switch the scheme for each position?

AS for the 1st question - maybe I need to adjust the fatigue to 90/70 or something greater.

Thanks - is there a FAQ for these kinds of questions ??
Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

These kinds of features partnered with game planning could mean a lot more if they would just finally allow us to create packages and utilize formation substitutions.

Running games become much more dangereous when you can utilize your receiving back in screen situations and move a catching FB into the slot from the I formation.

As of now Madden has the most cumbersome and clunky way of making substitutions....been like this for years.

Simple, fundamental changes like this would go a long way in improving things.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »