Home

Madden NFL 15 Xbox One Bundle Arrives on August 26th For $399

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Xbox One Bundle Arrives on August 26th For $399 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Xbox One Bundle Arrives on August 26th For $399

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
I have both consoles so I can tell you what both do to me that are better. The TV thing is so overrated.

You fail to mention that the snap feature is a fantastic feature not on PS4

The fact that you need to reach for controller when watching Netflix to lower or pause the movie or show while Xbox pause will pause on demand and xbox resume starts the movie back up.

Xbox record that without having to pause from game to record something to load to Face Book.

The XB1 is as much a gaming machine as the PS4 but offers features to the gamers or media buffs that makes it appealing.

The PS4 does offer some multi plats with better resolution but it ends there.

If my copy of Ghost is 720p and your ps4 copy is 1080p it does not make it a gamer machine or a better game. Controller is better on xb1 for shooters in my opinion even though the ps4 controller is much improved.

Games will start to get more party in terms of multi plats and at that point what is the PS4 going to be superior in.

We all know that PS4 has superior exclusives and that is where you will see the raw power be different for both.

But most games are on multi plat and that parity is coming and then you look at what else can your console do after that...PS4? We know the extra features associated with the xb1

both are excellent beasts of machines. The PS4 has better raw power to churn out future exclusives at a great level. Multi plats will gain parity so the term superior is way overstated.
XB1 is a better machine for media, far more versatile interface that I wish the PS4 had, I mean, being able to play a game and watch something else at the same time is hot for a console, being able to play a sports game while watching a real live one is sick, and XB1 has a far better and far deeper voice command system.

... But the PS4 is better in everything else, especially game performance, and since it's a game machine I can forgive it not having the best interface and other side bells and whistles. The touchpad is cool and hearing voices/sounds coming out of your controller is nuts; it's very "now".

What I wonder about is if EA/Tiburon will be adding voice commands to the PS4 version of Madden at some point, or is their deal with MS going to keep that strictly an XBOX exclusive feature. I wasn't a fan of this before, but after using voice commands on my PS4, I've changed my view.

Last edited by FaceMask; 08-05-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 PM   #58
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
XB1 is a better machine for media, far more versatile interface that I wish the PS4 had, I mean, being able to play a game and watch something else at the same time is hot for a console, being able to play a sports game while watching a real live one is sick, and XB1 has a far better and far deeper voice command system.

... But the PS4 is better in everything else, especially game performance, and since it's a game machine I can forgive it not having the best interface and other side bells and whistles. The touchpad is cool and hearing voices/sounds coming out of your controller is nuts; it's very "now".

What I wonder about is if EA/Tiburon will be adding voice commands to the PS4 version of Madden at some point, or is their deal with EA going to keep that strictly an XBOX exclusive feature. I wasn't a fan of this before, but after using voice commands on my PS4, I've changed my view.
The PS4 is a more powerful machine, but the best looking game is on the Xbox One.

http://www.crytek.com/news/ryse-son-...-time-graphics

I could only wish that Madden 15 for either console, would win the award seen in the above article...
Old 08-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #59
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

The differences in performance are so small though that if someone really cared that much they would go get a pc. Xbox One has a little more available RAM for developers to work with, it has a processor thats a touch faster, PS4 has better GPU, achieves better resolution, etc.

But if someone is going to buy a console it shouldn't be about performance differences since the differences are so small. It should be about exclusive titles, controller preference, interface, features, etc.

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-05-2014, 10:33 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
The PS4 is a more powerful machine, but the best looking game is on the Xbox One.

http://www.crytek.com/news/ryse-son-...-time-graphics

I could only wish that Madden 15 for either console, would win the award seen in the above article...
If only that could be pulled off at 60fps in 1080p. Same thing I used to think about Madden 06 and 07 when it ran at 30fps and had incredible detail.

Personally, I don't mind 30fps. As long as the animation is strong. I remember people used to complain about Madden 06 and 07 being 30fps and not understanding that it being in 60 wasn't going to magically fix the animation problems they were complaining about.

I honestly thought that this year the whole "transformation" campaign with Madden was going to come with an ability to switch between 30fps (super high detail) and 60fps (standard detail), with choosing 30 as some kind of "transforming" in reference to higher detail. That idea had been thrown around for Madden a few times over the years, but I guess the internal support wasn't there for it.

Last edited by FaceMask; 08-06-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #61
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
If only that could be pulled off at 60fps in 1080p. Same thing I used to think about Madden 06 and 07 when it ran at 30fps and had incredible detail.

Personally, I don't mind 30fps. As long as the animation is strong. I remember people used to complain about Madden 06 and 07 being 30fps and not understanding that it being in 60 wasn't going to magically fix the animation problems they were complaining about.

I honestly thought that this year the whole "transformation" campaign with Madden was going to come with an ability to switch between 30fps (super high detail) and 60fps (standard detail), with choosing 60 as some kind of "transforming". That idea had been thrown around for Madden a few times over the years, but I guess the internal support wasn't there for it.
What are the stats on Madden 15? Is it running at 1080p, 60fps?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2014, 11:52 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
I have no idea, but I'd imagine it will. I hope both versions are running at the highest level. Nobody should have to deal with cutbacks now.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #63
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

Quote:
i would assume so due to FIFA and NBA being that last year. i also believe madden 25 ran that, but don't hold me against that
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »