Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - GameStop Madden Mondays: Gameplay Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Amen

Just as the efficacy of a ball-carriers moves can regress under fatigue and fumble chances can increase: so should the defense face penalty stress factors that are imposed upon their aggressive style of play.

There is a fine line here but I would like to see the aggressive tackles become more tactical and less prevalent - allow for a momentus factor that gives a team defense a motivation when a big hit is cleanly performed.

The basis is the risk : reward systen and I favor your sentiments here on how it can be tweaked.

We are catered too much giant successes and should see more little, subtle success that build into big gains - that way a big play actually reflects the rarity in its chances of even happening and makes the experience more genuine from a simulation standpoint.

It is a wham-bahm culture of gaming within Madden and it would be a culture shock to see the subtleties of the sport standout more prominently than the loud, obvious details.

The depth this new culture of gaming in Madden would add for consumer value would be welcomed - a 2:1 would be a good start but ultimately I would like to see atleast 3:1 in respect to the appearance of subtle, long effort, sound details in contrast to obvious, short and spectacular details.

I don't think the casual gamer is so dead to football that he needs the prevalence of big hits to serve as a circumvention for his short attention span to the subtle nuances of the game.

The small "i" that Apple uses is subtle but powerful.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Just as NCAA Fball took out suspensions, I highly doubt we would see injuries and penalties become a factor into big hits as you speak.

I mean we do see the random facemask penalties due to stripping ball, and injuries from big hits, but for them to come out and advertise it, I don't see it happening.

I would really love to see personal fouls called for me making helmet to helmet contact, as well as ejections and suspensions, but with the NFL trying to make things safer, I don't think this will ever get added in to a game.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

The animations are way too compressed, they turn out looking to quick and twitchy. Like the defensive linemen rip animation, it just does look right because they break off too fast.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

Are they releasing part 2 today as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #12
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I do not see the gain of a tackle cone if you can still heat-seek steer w the right stick (which you can).

I also do not see how, in the heat of the moment, a novice gamer can respond to the telementry system in an appropriate manner under time sensitive constraints of tenths of a second.

The tackle cone also also takes away a user's attention from being a defender (virtually gaging the ballcarrier opposed to gaging a cone which is like playing out the scenario in your head and not through your body) which is counterintuitive to building immersion in a Football videogame.

Initially, I had a positive reception of the tackle cone but I now see it as a waste of a resource in-game: I already see the average gamer simply spam their way to a tackle and I see no reason for them to follow a three step ladder for success:

(1) stop and change your reference point
(2) gage a tackle telemetry system that determines range : appropriate action
(3) respond to the prompt

It seems like more of a challenge than a fitting help or guide which the heat-seeker already functions as (a steer assist).

This is the outcome we have when you go too far too nurture the babes of the community: give the babes a higher ceiling and give them mature food that will help them grow as a gamer - you keep feeding the babes baby food and they will remain so.

I see this as ignorance in implementations.

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 08-04-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #13
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBleedOrange247
Just as NCAA Fball took out suspensions, I highly doubt we would see injuries and penalties become a factor into big hits as you speak.

[...]
No, not literal penalties - cannnot get around that because of the animation environment we are bound to.

Resource penalties is where my line of thought is directed: fatigue and efficacy as tandem factors in relation to skillfully and opportunitstically rattling a non-defenseless ballcarier.

We are rendered to basic win v loss strategies without a robust physics system of equations in play that would factor in angles at point of contact, momentum, mass etc; albeit within the breath of our current scope: we can plea for more variations in the canned outcomes and also request physical restrictions or physical penalties be imparted to certain hitstick attempts made by inferior defenders.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

seems like the only negative to a power tackle is that the ball carrier might not fumble

i expected to see a risk of missing the tackle...but nope
Old 08-04-2014, 05:57 PM   #15
Just started!

user_Jamie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I also do not see how, in the heat of the moment, a novice gamer can respond to the telementry system in an appropriate manner under time sensitive constraints of tenths of a second.

The tackle cone also also takes away a user's attention from being a defender (virtually gaging the ballcarrier opposed to gaging a cone which is like playing out the scenario in your head and not through your body) which is counterintuitive to building immersion in a Football videogame.
This. From what I've seen, I think one of the first things I do in Madden 15 is turn off the tackle cone. I'll try it out in the skills trainer, but traditionally I like minimalist HUDs in video games, I don't want a huge cone surrounding the player I'm controlling. Also, I think the average Madden player will quickly be able to learn when and when not to tackle (in regards to timing) without a tackle cone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2014, 06:10 PM   #16
Rookie

pointless video

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »