Home

Pre-season games - meaningless?

This is a discussion on Pre-season games - meaningless? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #81
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Pre-season games - meaningless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
I haven't bought Madden in a couple of years, but what I really hated about preseason is the player cuts. The way the computer would cut REAL players and keep some of EA's fake undrafted free agents. Hope that doesn't still happen, but I'm guessing that it's probably still there.
The fake undrafted free agents that were generated for teams during Preseason Week 1 only existed in Madden NFL 12. That feature hasn't appeared in any other Madden game. To that end, you have nothing to worry about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4

Although this is mostly meaningless to today's (or any Madden game since), the last time I played a preseason game was when there was no preseason games. On Madden '98 I would sign some of the free agents and play 4 games before I started a season (no franchise or dynasty was available), alternating between players through the game, every game. I found that certain players that had weaker ratings than others (no OVR in that game) performed better than those with higher ratings.

I honestly put way too many hours into that game.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #83
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

So after looking into it, it looks like Madden 25 also had you repeat the same four preseason games over and over and over. This somewhat irks me, now yes at times you do play the same teams in the preseason (Lions always play the Browns, etc) but I'd like some variety. I'll probably ask somewhat with Access to look into it during open questions.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #84
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
The fake undrafted free agents that were generated for teams during Preseason Week 1 only existed in Madden NFL 12. That feature hasn't appeared in any other Madden game. To that end, you have nothing to worry about.
Good deal! Sure happy to hear that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »